• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Why is this not hitting Steam until December?

User Info: SocialAtrophy

SocialAtrophy
1 month ago#1
Is this the stupid console wars BS with PC storefronts now?
R* says no steam until December but it's hitting Epic Games store, Greenman Gaming, the Humble Store & GameStop Oct 23rd.
https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/61153/Red-Dead-Redemption-2-Coming-to-PC-November-5th

Follow up,
Do you think they'll port read dead 1 to PC finally?
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Auron772

Auron772
4 weeks ago#2
Each one of those stores takes much less of a chunk of the sales than Steam does. It's also releasing directly on the Rockstar launcher which is what I bought it on.
"I have two rules I follow. The first, never kill someone without a reason. The second, you can always find a reason to kill someone." - Saren

User Info: Mad_Mike86

Mad_Mike86
4 weeks ago#3
I was gonna wait and get the steam version , but since they made gta v switch and force the r* launcher, I think the steam version of rdr2 will do the same. Now I'll just go ahead and buy it, hopefully gmg will have a discount
"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

Auron772
4 weeks ago#4
Mad_Mike86 posted...
I was gonna wait and get the steam version , but since they made gta v switch and force the r* launcher, I think the steam version of rdr2 will do the same. Now I'll just go ahead and buy it, hopefully gmg will have a discount
If you buy it directly from the Rockstar launcher you get a free upgrade to the special edition if you're interested in that. You also get two free games of about six to choose from.
"I have two rules I follow. The first, never kill someone without a reason. The second, you can always find a reason to kill someone." - Saren

User Info: zherot

zherot
4 weeks ago#5
Auron772 posted...
Mad_Mike86 posted...
If you buy it directly from the Rockstar launcher you get a free upgrade to the special edition if you're interested in that. You also get two free games of about six to choose from.

What is this "free upgrade" of the special edition?

Do you mean that the they will actually release the game without DLC's on Steam and you will have to buy them separately?
If I dont quote anything you said to me its because I already have you on my blocked list,I always respond to any quotes of myself except when they are BLOCKED.

Auron772
4 weeks ago#6
zherot posted...

Do you mean that the they will actually release the game without DLC's on Steam and you will have to buy them separately?
No, it's just that on Steam you'll have the standard edition, special edition and ultimate edition for $60, $80 and $100 respectively. Right now, when you buy directly from Rockstar, you get an upgrade to the special edition for free and the ultimate edition only costs $80. You also get two other games for free(I chose Bully and Max Payne 3). I believe this deal expires today so I'd buy it soon if you want it.

Just to reiterate, even if you wait for the Steam release it will still require the Rockstar launcher to use, so this is the best deal you'll get.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: frankspank

frankspank
2 weeks ago#7
zherot posted...
Auron772 posted...
Mad_Mike86 posted...

There is no DLC for the game dude.

User Info: jurbanik

jurbanik
2 weeks ago#8
This might be a good thing. By then they should have the bugs fixed that are causing massive problems.
I support real LGBT rights (Liberty, Guns, Bible, Trump)!
No collusion, no obstruction = 2020 VICTORY.

User Info: leon315

leon315
1 week ago#9
There's another important reason beside the profit: just yesterday i watched 2h a XQC's stream, and the game crashed 4-5 times causing him a mental breakdown xD,
I'm sure the pc port is still in BETA stage and it's very bugged, and unlike STEAM client both R* client or Epic store won't allow people to put negative reviews.
In conclusion you guys are just ''Pay to be a beta tester'' before the final STEAM release, THANK YOU!

User Info: supness420

supness420
1 week ago#10
leon315 posted...
There's another important reason beside the profit: just yesterday i watched 2h a XQC's stream, and the game crashed 4-5 times causing him a mental breakdown xD,
I'm sure the pc port is still in BETA stage and it's very bugged, and unlike STEAM client both R* client or Epic store won't allow people to put negative reviews.
In conclusion you guys are just ''Pay to be a beta tester'' before the final STEAM release, THANK YOU!

HA! I did not think of that. I was thinking mainly of profit. Another reason I prefer Steam. Can get an idea(not complete fact) of what you are buying. Is it buggy, stable, updated often, etc... Customer reviews really need to hit Epic if they want my money.
Common sense has changed as the common person's sense is idiotic; therefore, I am happy to say I am not common, and I have no common sense.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Why is this not hitting Steam until December?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers