• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
  3. Just got to Eryth Sea - How far in the game am I? SPOILERS

User Info: lzual

lzual
1 month ago#1
Kinda feel like I'm getting a bit worn out with the game. Am I at least half way yet?

User Info: hshamsedin546

hshamsedin546
1 month ago#2
No but soon you'll be around the halfway point. Haha it's a long game.
Nintendo Network ID: Hassan123
Love the Xeno games. Currently finishing up Xenosaga 3. Also, Metroid's wonderful.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: kirbydude385

kirbydude385
1 month ago#3
Entering Eryth Sea is about 40%
I want what I want, and I don't know why. Can science explain that to me?
http://i.imgur.com/zWGMfzO.jpg

User Info: lightdragoon88

lightdragoon88
1 month ago#4
kirbydude385 posted...
Entering Eryth Sea is about 40%

I seek Knowledge. The most valuable resource of all.

User Info: uo111

uo111
1 month ago#5
If you have been doing side quests, stop. The story is gonna pick up very quickly.

User Info: rosacea

rosacea
1 month ago#6
What is making you feel worn out? If combat is getting to you, try switching to someone else. Each character has a different play style. Plus dont forget about affinity and skill links. It can be fun to play around with different abilities.

Or if youve been going straight into the story, try doing some side stuff. Theres plenty of side quests, Colony6 reconstruction, the collectopedia.

Otherwise just stick with it. The story opens out eventually.
Or if you feel like not playing any more, thats ok too. Just because its the greatest game ever made doesnt mean its YOUR greatest game.
The grass is full of clingy things

User Info: lzual

lzual
1 month ago#7
uo111 posted...
If you have been doing side quests, stop. The story is gonna pick up very quickly.

rosacea posted...
What is making you feel worn out? If combat is getting to you, try switching to someone else. Each character has a different play style. Plus dont forget about affinity and skill links. It can be fun to play around with different abilities.

Or if youve been going straight into the story, try doing some side stuff. Theres plenty of side quests, Colony6 reconstruction, the collectopedia.

Otherwise just stick with it. The story opens out eventually.
Or if you feel like not playing any more, thats ok too. Just because its the greatest game ever made doesnt mean its YOUR greatest game.

I've been doing a lot of the side quests however I was starting to get massively over levelled so have taken it easy since starting Makna Forest. Maybe it was the side quests burning me out. I do get a bit bored with the same interactions between the characters when picking up or completing quests. I've resorted just to completing the timed quests now to ensure I don't miss them.

I will give a go with some of the other characters. However I feel a bit overwhelmed as they have most of their arts already unlocked so unsure where to start! I've been maining Schulk, Reyn and Sharla for most of the game but this is restricting my ability to get chain gauge up as Sharla has no Red arts. I might give Dunban a go and see how that helps although then that leaves me without a good healer (I think).

User Info: Dragonslicr

Dragonslicr
1 month ago#8
lzual posted...
I will give a go with some of the other characters. However I feel a bit overwhelmed as they have most of their arts already unlocked so unsure where to start! I've been maining Schulk, Reyn and Sharla for most of the game but this is restricting my ability to get chain gauge up as Sharla has no Red arts. I might give Dunban a go and see how that helps although then that leaves me without a good healer (I think).

A lot of new players assume that you always need a dedicated healer, but it's not really true in this game. If you play through the game again in the future, when you know the battle system better, you'll be able to replace Sharla with Dunban as soon as Dunban joins the party.

The most important things to remember are 1) you can load Dunban with agility and he'll avoid taking much damage, and 2) if you deal enough damage quickly enough, fights will be over before you need to heal. Later in the game, you'll have skills like Critical Drain that can provide a decent amount of healing for Dunban and Reyn. Gems like Aura Heal can also help Dunban and Reyn, since they usually have an aura active. If you do need some extra healing, you could replace Reyn with Riki (You Can Do It is probably the single best healing art of any character) without losing too much offensive power.

User Info: TeslaCoi1

TeslaCoi1
1 month ago#9
@lzual
Switch Sharla out for Dunban ASAP. It'll make your team both a lot better (Shulk, Reyn, Dunban is the best team in the game), and a lot more fun. Make sure you equip Dunban with Peerless, as it boosts the strength for the entire party, not just Dunban (AI Dunban will only use it against mobs, but if you use the command "Focus Attacks", he'll use it against single enemies as well). Next, grab Agility Up IV crystals in Makna, make 6 Agility Up IV gems from them, and equip 2 on Shulk, 2 on Reyn, and 2 on Dunban. Finally, use Expert Mode to lower your level so you aren't overlevelled. Raise it again when and if required. You'll get tons more AP and SP that way as well. These small steps will drastically improve your gameplay, I promise you.

User Info: morgoth834

morgoth834
1 month ago#10
If you want a healer use Riki instead of Sharla. He's got a pretty decent heal and can tank and dish out damage as well. With Riki healing shouldn't be a problem, especially if you use him with Shulk.
"Brother! I'm a whole different game from Liquid!"
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
  3. Just got to Eryth Sea - How far in the game am I? SPOILERS
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A