• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
  3. I think this game has better character models than XB2

User Info: bionis-hero

bionis-hero
1 month ago#1
Even in handheld mode, which didn't look that bad to me, the character models look cleaner and more detailed than the ones from Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Although it could also be that I prefer the art style of this game.

User Info: ShadowNirvash4

ShadowNirvash4
1 month ago#2
well you like the artstyle better but objectively the models in DE lack a lot of detail compared to 2, there is an image somewhere in this board where someone compared 2's and DE's shulks and, 2 had detail where even the zippers were modelled even having individual stitching, while DE they were just a textures on a model

bionis-hero
1 month ago#3
ShadowNirvash4 posted...
well you like the artstyle better but objectively the models in DE lack a lot of detail compared to 2, there is an image somewhere in this board where someone compared 2's and DE's shulks and, 2 had detail where even the zippers were modelled even having individual stitching, while DE they were just a textures on a model
You are absolutely right. I looked at the the XB2 model of Shulk and that one looks way better overall. But I also saw that the faces in DE we're slightly better, or at least the hair texture is slightly more defined. I don't really care about graphics but it is disappointing that DE looks a lot worse than XB2

bionis-hero
1 month ago#4
I should also mention that I am happy with the way that DE looks and I still like it more than XB2. I'm not one of those types of people that judge games based on their graphics. As long as the game is good overall, I don't really care that much about the graphics. Don't get me wrong, I also loved XBC2
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
  3. I think this game has better character models than XB2
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A

Why can't I raise area affinity? Side Quest1 Answer
How long does it take to beat Xenoblade on casual mode? Main Quest1 Answer
Have I underleveled? Main Quest2 Answers
Is this game too hard? Tech Support5 Answers
How to get Rainbow Slug? Side Quest3 Answers