• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
  3. Smashing vision tags achievement

User Info: TheRewster

TheRewster
4 weeks ago#1
"Smashing... to Pieces!" is one of the last few achievements I have yet to attain. What's the best way to grind for this? (For reference, I know this is different from stopping the future in its tracks achievements, as I already got all those a long time ago.) I know you have to smash vision tags in any way possible except defeating the enemy.

Currently I'm using a party of Riki, Reyn, and Dunban against Ancient Daedala. More often than not, I'll get a vision right off the bat with the UM's Laser, which I can then smash by having Riki use You Can Do It (he also has enough HP to survive this attack every time, unlike Dunban). Then I use Happy Happy to build up the Party Gauge, wait for another vision, then go into a Chain Attack to try to smash it by switching aggro between Reyn and Dunban, inflicting Break and Topple, etc. (This method has also been helpful for grinding other achievements I need, such as reviving incapacitated party members--since they die a lot--and using Burst Affinity.)

Things is, it's pretty slow-going, and whether I get visions or not is sometimes a crap shoot, and switching aggro isn't always very easy (esp. if Dunban has used Battle Eye, which makes it impossible for anyone else to grab the aggro while that aura is active).

Is there a better/faster way of grinding for this achievement? I've been at it for hours all weekend and haven't unlocked it yet. (Unfortunately I have no way of being able to check how close I am. Maybe I've smashed 900 vision tags, maybe only 200, maybe 500?--there's no way to tell.)

TheRewster
3 weeks ago#2
Bump.

Geez, 1000 is a LOT of vision tags. I've been at this for days, fighting various superbosses, and smashing tags like crazy, and I STILL haven't gotten it yet.

Am I misunderstanding the challenge? Are there only certain visions that count? Or do I have to break them in only particular ways? Or is there a super fast way of grinding for this that I'm just not getting?

Help!

User Info: finalrush7

finalrush7
3 weeks ago#3
Idk man. I guess engaging Daedala sounds like a good option. I have gotten all achievements and usually, this one is already in the bag long before you get to the worst ones like 2000 burst affinity and 1000 battle starts..
"Wield the sword. It bends to your will." - Xenoblade 1 DE is the GOAT.
As a WR holder, I despise noobs and casuals.

TheRewster
3 weeks ago#4
Heh, go figure--right as I'm getting ready to reply to this thread, I fight Blizzard Belgazas one more time and get the achievement. =P

finalrush7 posted...
Idk man. I guess engaging Daedala sounds like a good option. I have gotten all achievements and usually, this one is already in the bag long before you get to the worst ones like 2000 burst affinity and 1000 battle starts..
I think my problem is, when I played the main game I got way overleveled from doing all quests and exploring all locations/landmarks. So I hardly ever saw visions until I started fighting endgame enemies.

User Info: Gotta_Be_Blue

Gotta_Be_Blue
3 weeks ago#5
Yeah, I'm kinda surprised that you got all of the other acievements before this one. Happy New Year? Complete 180?

Did you use expert mode?

TheRewster
3 weeks ago#6
No, there are several I still have left. I had six remaining when I started this thread. I got “Down But Never Out!” (i.e. revive party members 500 times) during the course of grinding, then of course I finally got “Smashing... to Pieces!” last night.

So that leaves me with these four:
  • Defeat 5000 enemies
  • Achieve Burst Affinity 2000 times
  • Be wiped out 50 times
  • Happy New Year!
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
  3. Smashing vision tags achievement
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A

How to get Rainbow Slug? Side Quest3 Answers
Is this game too hard? Tech Support5 Answers