• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
  3. Just finished my low level run!

User Info: finalrush7

finalrush7
3 weeks ago#1
Years ago I saw a Japanese player beat Abaasy at around lv53. I was shocked and thought that one day, I will try that as well. Thank God (Zanza, Meyneth, Alvis, Klaus, Galea, the Conduit or the Great One) for the Definitive Edition, which made it possible!

So yeah, on my 7th playthrough, going for 100%, I decided to do all story bosses and all UMs at the lowest level possible.
It ended with me beating both Abassy (120) AND Marcus (100) at the same time with Shulk (1), Dundun (20) and Seven (40). I guess.. you can ask me anything?

It was an absolutely amazing battle, fitting for the end of a long and great challenge in what I think to be the best game ever created.

400 hours of playtime. Time to put a sock in it.

"Wield the sword. It bends to your will." - Xenoblade 1 DE is the GOAT.
As a WR holder, I despise noobs and casuals.

User Info: Darktempest

Darktempest
3 weeks ago#2
How dare you not worship the true Shulk!!!

I take it you kept them both topple locked from the start so that daytime accuracy wouldn't be an issue?

finalrush7
3 weeks ago#3
Darktempest posted...
How dare you not worship the true Shulk!!!

I take it you kept them both topple locked from the start so that daytime accuracy wouldn't be an issue?
haha! good question. It was of course with the use of topple locking, but the matter is not so easy.

First I set the clock to 7pm, a million times, until the blizzard came. Keep in mind I had already beaten Marcus and everyone else apart from Abassy. So then, I levelled up to 99 and killed the two slobos and the two nebulas ASAP, usually this took around 2 minutes.

Now for the actual fight. It took a few tries, but then I finally got him toppled in a chain. But only Dundun and Seven used a green art, as Shulk had to use battle soul first to charge the Monado(Autoattacks never hit). Then, I got to Shulk again and used Cyclone. Then my phone rang, and I didn't press home because I was in a chain and I know time stands still. BUT the weather doesn't! So a minute later, I look at the screen and see yellow rays of light. I immediately knew I had a 30% chance to f*** up if Marcus spawns. And he did. And I lost one second after my chain ended.

I thought to myself that I pretty much had him, and only bad luck stopped me. So after a few more tries, I have Abassy in a chain again. This time, I'm choosing my arts very quickly just in case... BUT THE WEATHER CHANGES AGAIN! And Macrus is back again! And I lose again.

I repeat this process again, thinking my luck can't get any worse, he won't spawn for the third time in a row surely!? That's a less than 3% chance! But he does, and I die again. How the f*** does the weather change three times in a chain in a row, at the most critical time? Now I'm starting to think maybe Abassy has some hidden move where he summons Marcus and I search the internet for info, but I find nothing, Anyway, I prepare to do it again and also how to react to Marcus spawning.

Finally, I have Abassy down toppled and I am in a chain. Again I choose my arts quickly but the weather changes again! I'm losing it... but I get lucky! I get 6 full rounds of a chain attack and my chain gauge is full! And I have stroke of genius (Bana :P)! As always, my team is surrouding Abassy. On Seven's last turn, I see Marcus is close to her and she has aggroed him. She can also survive a hit sometimes. So the chain ends, I use the extremely rarely used "come to me!" shout and Seven makes the way over to me, taking a hit and surviving! I make sure she is positioned correctly so that a Final Cross will hit both of them. I initiate the chain and know that my only chance is if Marcus get toppled from Seven's Final Cross AND I get some chain extensions to refill my party gauge. And it does indeed happen, I topple Marcus, then use Cyclone belatedly to add another three seconds (with topple up) and get a lot of party gauge back before the end of the chain. The chain ends and I know if I can start another one within 6 seconds, I have done it.

I manage to pull it off and and keep my nerves without making any mistakes to beat them both, and it only took like 5 ingame minutes to do so.

Thank you for reading my longest post ever on GFaqs :P

User Info: Darktempest

Darktempest
3 weeks ago#4
That was a fun read, felt like I was right there beside you.

Serious kudos to you though. Under those circumstances I'd probably just wipe and then try to do Marcus before Abassy the next time.

finalrush7
3 weeks ago#5
Darktempest posted...
That was a fun read, felt like I was right there beside you.

Serious kudos to you though. Under those circumstances I'd probably just wipe and then try to do Marcus before Abassy the next time.
Thank you =D

User Info: Gotta_Be_Blue

Gotta_Be_Blue
3 weeks ago#6
Ooh, nicely done.

finalrush7
3 weeks ago#7
Gotta_Be_Blue posted...
Ooh, nicely done.
Thanks =)

User Info: Willians

Willians
3 weeks ago#8
Quite impressive, well done dude!!

Final Marcus did respawn to me when I was almost killing Abaasy so I soon as I finished him I had to deal with Marcus who just joined the fight (and I was almost dead because Abaasy), but thankfully I managed to recover and take control, to taking Marcus too went smoothly. But that was without self imposed restrictions like your run. Must have taken quite a while to reach the build that allowed you to pull this off.
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
  3. Just finished my low level run!
  • Post New Message

Need More Help?

1. Guides and Walkthroughs 24 Guides / Maps
  2. GameFAQs Q&A 155 Questions (155 Answered)

GameFAQs Q&A

How to get Rainbow Slug? Side Quest3 Answers
Is this game too hard? Tech Support5 Answers
What's making me auto level up? Plot1 Answer
How to 100% the game? Main Quest1 Answer
Can I continue the game after beating it? Main Quest1 Answer