• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
  3. Interactive Maps with Collectibles

User Info: TeslaCoi1

TeslaCoi1
3 months ago#31
This is a godsend. How do you reset collectible spawn points in the game, so you can try again if you don't get the right collectible the first time? I'm failing miserably to get Forget-Me-Not in Satorl Marsh...So annoying...

TeslaCoi1
3 months ago#32
Um, I'm suddenly getting an "Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0" error when trying to access the map, even though it was working fine before...

User Info: Hedja

Hedja
3 months ago#33
TeslaCoi1 posted...
Um, I'm suddenly getting an "Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0" error when trying to access the map, even though it was working fine before...

It's possibly a connection error, usually when it takes too long to download or when you lose connection. I'll work on improving that message.

What's your download speed? Try a hard refresh and/or delete your browser caches.
FrontierNav - Interactive Maps and Guides (Xenoblade X, Xenoblade 2, and more)
https://frontiernav.jahed.dev/
(edited 3 months ago)

TeslaCoi1
3 months ago#34
It's working again now, no worries. And I found out how to reset collectibles on the Wii board. To hell with this RNG though, I must have tried the same spot like 30 times with no luck. Forget this dumb Forget-You-Not. I guess I'll just have to use Time Attack to get it late in the game, unless it shows up for trade later at some point...It's stupid how some collectibles have really low spawn rates, in addition to only spawning in one or two places, and for only half the day, all of which the game doesn't tell you of course...I don't know what the hell the developers were thinking.

User Info: Def_S0ul

Def_S0ul
3 months ago#35
Man that Rainbow Slug collectible is really annoying me. I have been trying to get it on the Fallen Arm for hours now no luck -_-. According to the map I can get those between 7pm-5am but with the highest 10% chance is not cutting it. I just want to upgrade the Specials on Colony 6 reconstruction so I can do more quest in that area to unlock Reyn's 4th skill tree. The game is not letting me do it. I wish there was a way to trade for it like the other items but I checked the faq and I couldn't find any results. Any suggestions?
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: TheRewster

TheRewster
2 months ago#36
I think there's something wrong with the map? Whenever I search for Stormy Widardun, it'll show a flashing red point where the monster is--but the map itself is gone. It's just a flashing red pointer on a completely blank background.

I can look at a regular map of Satorl Marsh, but whenever I search for this particular unique monster, it's gone. I can also search for other enemies (even in Satorl Marsh), and they show up just fine. Only this one.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a glitch with the map?

User Info: Hedja

Hedja
2 months ago#37
TheRewster posted...
I think there's something wrong with the map? Whenever I search for Stormy Widardun, it'll show a flashing red point where the monster is--but the map itself is gone. It's just a flashing red pointer on a completely blank background.

I can look at a regular map of Satorl Marsh, but whenever I search for this particular unique monster, it's gone. I can also search for other enemies (even in Satorl Marsh), and they show up just fine. Only this one.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a glitch with the map?

The map's not gone, it's to the left. The marker is way off the map. Looks like some of the enemy markers on Satorl Marsh are wrong. Mostly the Quadwing enemies. They likely spawn off screen and fly in. I'll look into it. Thanks for letting me know.

Update: Looks like I was right. They spawn outside the map and I guess their walking route teleports them onto the trees. I'll have to process walking routes to get the correct coordinates which isn't easy... I'll manually fix Stormy's coords for now.
FrontierNav - Interactive Maps and Guides (Xenoblade X, Xenoblade 2, and more)
https://frontiernav.jahed.dev/
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: BakonBitz

BakonBitz
2 months ago#38
Hedja posted...

The map's not gone, it's to the left. The marker is way off the map. Looks like some of the enemy markers on Satorl Marsh are wrong. Mostly the Quadwing enemies. They likely spawn off screen and fly in. I'll look into it. Thanks for letting me know.

Update: Looks like I was right. They spawn outside the map and I guess their walking route teleports them onto the trees. I'll have to process walking routes to get the correct coordinates which isn't easy... I'll manually fix Stormy's coords for now.

Ah yeah, enemy spawns that are off the map will pose a bit of a problem. Hopefully you'll be able to get enemy walking routes for some of the more problematic ones (IMO you don't need to do it for every enemy). Wish I could help though, I have zero programming knowledge.
Game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
Gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwVQm69J7bGScbv3_50C0dA

User Info: ZeroWolfWriter

ZeroWolfWriter
1 month ago#39
Hedja posted...
If anyone needs help finding specific collectibles, I've made interactive maps showing all collection points with collectible rates.

https://frontiernav.jahed.dev/explore/xenoblade-chronicles/visualisations/maps/entities/collection-point-010169

You can use search to find exactly what you need.
*Goes to look up some items and smiles*
I think Colony 6 might be rebuilt completely for the first time.
... Or in my second Playthrough. :3
Please read, enjoy, and review!
Zero.EXE Logging Out!
Is there a possibility to search for items by clicking their slot in the collectopedia thing? To use an example, I have like 2 or 3 items I still need for it in the Colony 9 map, and it gets frustrating when I don't even know what I'm looking for unless I click a random resource spot and magically come across an item I don't have.
Pokemon Ultra Moon IGN: Urara FC: 3024-9786-7594 System name: Mike
US Pacific time zone (GMT -08:00, Available 15:00-22:00 Mon-Fri, 10:00-22:00 Sat-Sun my time)
  1. Boards
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
  3. Interactive Maps with Collectibles
  • Post New Message

Need More Help?

1. Guides and Walkthroughs 24 Guides / Maps
  2. GameFAQs Q&A 155 Questions (155 Answered)

GameFAQs Q&A

How to get Rainbow Slug? Side Quest3 Answers
Is this game too hard? Tech Support5 Answers
How to 100% the game? Main Quest1 Answer
What's making me auto level up? Plot1 Answer
Can I continue the game after beating it? Main Quest1 Answer