• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. i played overwatch on ps4 and switch

User Info: Retroxgamer0

Retroxgamer0
4 weeks ago#1
the switch version is definitely less graphically intense on the big screen, but the controller is more comfortable and the battery lasts much longer than the dual shock 4. it plays fine in portable form, though with it being such a fast paced game i found it easiest to use tanks or moira. i gravitate to the pro controller because its more comfortable to play ow than dual shock 4. the motion controls dissapointed me and i turned them off. i like having the novelty of overwatch portable but i dont think its the most functional game for a tablet, but it really impresses me they made a portable overwatch in the first place. im amazed tech has come so far. i have both versions, but id honestly recommend the switch version if you want to play hardcore, the controller is more ergonomic and comfortable and the battery lasts much longer for long play sessions without that stupid light bar. another thing is nintendo online is cheaper, and you can change your name freely (the playstation version is restricted to your psn username)
when i go back to ps4 version with rumble on, i sometimes feel bad for switch overwatch players because they are missing out on strong visual audio and sfx, but i guess i could say that sucks if many decided to pass on the top portable fps.
as with everyone else with sense, i hate loot boxes and blizzard deserves ridicule for that, that is one aspect of this game that really sucks. the rest is very good.
the online experience thus far seems to be a more closed, open minded, team orientated community than what im experiencing on ps4. im sure that will change with the times, but as it stands right now, the switch community is generally friendlier than the ps4 community of this game.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Retroxgamer0

Retroxgamer0
4 weeks ago#2
the online is healthy and active in all modes, i never waited longer than 5 minutes for any role, though its normal to see 10min dps queues this is due to the role queue system, not the platform.

the 30 fps is noticable, but it honestly looks and plays great for the nintendo switch. its witcher 3 that has the issues.

one thing i do think needs fixing is that theres invisible stuff during play of the game highlights. that needs a patch and its embarrassing they havent fixed that on launch. the portraits should also display costume asthetics, since ps4 version had that added in a recent patch, doesnt make sense to regress on that. im guessing switch version was using an earlier build and they didnt get to patch that in yet.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: vitalemrecords

vitalemrecords
4 weeks ago#3
lol - I'm winning like 90% of my matches right now.
rolling over everyone with Winston.

good times.
that face you make when
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. i played overwatch on ps4 and switch
  • Topic Closed