• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Anyone ranked in Comp 3v3 Deathmatch yet?

User Info: Banterrific8

Banterrific8
3 weeks ago#1
When the real Comp releases, will it use our QP MMR or the one from 3v3 (if we played it)?

As we all know placements mean very little.

User Info: Garethc78

Garethc78
2 weeks ago#2
It will use neither (like all other versions) you will have to play placement matches to get placed in what the game estimated your skill level to be (I say estimates loosely as som seasons I win 10 straight and get placed in silver other times I kinda suck and have been placed gold at the start, like Rocket League I don’t fully understand the algorithm 😂 perhaps it takes into account your SR from previous season as a base calculation?) I think MMR is calculated separately in comp from the other arcade modes.

And no I haven’t placed in comp 3v3 yet as for some reason it takes a s*** load of time to find matches. Granted I sweat out L25 in a few days and haven’t tried the mode more recent and now that more people are the required level it might be easier to play.
3DS FC - 0018-0160-7304 - Taff
PSN - taff1337 Switch - 4968-6775-4086
(edited 2 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Anyone ranked in Comp 3v3 Deathmatch yet?
  • Post New Message