• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Will we have a smurf problem?

User Info: ArroganceMalice

ArroganceMalice
4 weeks ago#1
Sire if you want to count now but what I’m getting at is can people make a new user on switch and have a brand new account

I’m not too bothered by it either way I just want to know to keep one of my roles low so I can play with friends
"We each play out the parts fate has written for us. Free will is an illusion."
I have never seen the truth hurt more than here on GameFAQs.

User Info: RevOn_DX

RevOn_DX
4 weeks ago#2
Pardon my ignorance but what's a smurf?
The official Color TV-Game 15 of GameFAQs
Fatal Frame for Smash Bros, please. Thank you :3

User Info: BootLoxes

BootLoxes
4 weeks ago#3
A smurf is someone with a high level account who buys a new account just to beat on people who suck at the game.

Not to be confused with an alternate account which someone buys to try out characters they wouldnt use with their main to keep their ranking safe
7700K 4.5GHZ | GTX 1070 | 16 GB RAM 3000MHZ | Samsung Evo 1TB | Asus Z170 A-R

User Info: RevOn_DX

RevOn_DX
4 weeks ago#4
Ohhh, I see. I think I heard about that problem in BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle. Hum.
The official Color TV-Game 15 of GameFAQs
Fatal Frame for Smash Bros, please. Thank you :3

User Info: ArroganceMalice

ArroganceMalice
4 weeks ago#5
BootLoxes posted...
A smurf is someone with a high level account who buys a new account just to beat on people who suck at the game.

Not to be confused with an alternate account which someone buys to try out characters they wouldnt use with their main to keep their ranking safe
they are the same thing lol

so do you get a new account with a new user
"We each play out the parts fate has written for us. Free will is an illusion."
I have never seen the truth hurt more than here on GameFAQs.

User Info: BootLoxes

BootLoxes
3 weeks ago#6
ArroganceMalice posted...
BootLoxes posted...

they are the same thing lol

so do you get a new account with a new user

They arent the same thing. I explained the differences already.

I have 2 alts from before role q. One for each role since my tank was master, support, diamond, and dps was in plat. In this situation, i wouldnt play dps on my main account because the mmr was too far apart.

So I got an alternate to play with people in my skill rank for my role.

Smurfs just smash poor low ranks for fun. Very big difference
7700K 4.5GHZ | GTX 1070 | 16 GB RAM 3000MHZ | Samsung Evo 1TB | Asus Z170 A-R

User Info: vitalemrecords

vitalemrecords
3 weeks ago#7
I smurf is purposely under-leveled
an "alt-account" is just what the title suggests.

I'm gonna go ahead and be non-binary (lol)
I created a new profile on the PS4 because they were about to change Symmetra - and I was a mid-Diamond one-trick. I set up a new character so I could go back and play diamond after I fell - which did happen.
So me main account has become my "smurf" account except for the fact that I didn't purposely degrade that one.

lol - I'm gonna go into games and introduce myself with my preferred pronoun: "Reverse-Smurf"
that face you make when

User Info: OhGood

OhGood
3 weeks ago#8
Nah brah, all extra accounts are smurfs. Deal with it. You couldn't handle the idea of hurting your ranking by playing a different role so you made a new account.

That's smurfin.
Everything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant

User Info: vitalemrecords

vitalemrecords
3 weeks ago#9
OhGood posted...
Nah brah, all extra accounts are smurfs. Deal with it. You couldn't handle the idea of hurting your ranking by playing a different role so you made a new account.

That's smurfin.

smurfing means to degrade your rank on purpose so you're playing with people that are at a much lower rank than you are.
but you do you I guess
that face you make when

User Info: OhGood

OhGood
3 weeks ago#10
vitalemrecords posted...
OhGood posted...

That's smurfin.

smurfing means to degrade your rank on purpose so you're playing with people that are at a much lower rank than you are.
but you do you I guess

Nah that's ganking.
Everything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Will we have a smurf problem?
  • Post New Message