• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Damascus Gear: Operation Osaka
  3. how long is post game(spoiler)?

User Info: Gamemaster64

Gamemaster64
1 year ago#1
It just still keep on going, after doing one thing in post game thinking on that it something else pops up afterwards.
Ball! Ball! Poke Ball!
Ball! Ball! Ultra Ball!

User Info: Knavick

Knavick
1 year ago#2
How far are you in the post game? Have you reached Rank 1 overall? That seems to be the ultimate "goal" of it, but I'm not there yet so I don't know if it gives another objective. Some of the S class opponents are crazy...
The Dark Master

Gamemaster64
1 year ago#3
Well I am Rank 1 Overall, which gives you Rank SSS. This unlocks a special expedition with the Atasaki bots, do all three parts(similar to the FREYA one) unlocks a special section of previous NPCs(the first part ones) now all supped up.

Things I haven't done is hit floor 99 on any ranks(did get to 98 on Rank SSS to find I need better weapons, ug not finding any anti-ataski on the weapons I like) and still doing the special fights, only got 3 left. I mean really I just going to know that something new going to pop after I beat them since it seem to do that a lot.

btw I know I'm probably spelling that name wrong. I'm tired as of this post to look it up.
Ball! Ball! Poke Ball!
Ball! Ball! Ultra Ball!

Knavick
1 year ago#4
Well that's still farther than me. And the spelling was clear enough I knew what you meant. I'm at the point I need better S rank parts, but just can't seem to find them.
The Dark Master

Gamemaster64
1 year ago#5
omg I knew it. Another rank above SSS, well technically it not a rank(game still mark you as SSS) but still something more above SSS.

down to one more AI opponent so who knows if that unlocks something else. Game seem to lie about it health though. You think you're done but the game just says nope here more content. Update: ok, all defeated and nothing happens.

a tip try to find arm with skills like wraith, counterattack or what not. It a low chance of going off but for certain ones they stay active til you return to base(these also stack up to 10x), while some are only active for a short time. One that really good is wraith, it really boost your attack when active.
Ball! Ball! Poke Ball!
Ball! Ball! Ultra Ball!
(edited 1 year ago)

Knavick
1 year ago#6
Lol well at least it has a lengthy post game. Now if only it were better balanced. Wasn't until post game I started feeling the game was poorly balanced and trying to shoehorn in specific types of builds.
The Dark Master

Gamemaster64
1 year ago#7
Knavick posted...
Lol well at least it has a lengthy post game. Now if only it were better balanced. Wasn't until post game I started feeling the game was poorly balanced and trying to shoehorn in specific types of builds.

yeah. some of these weapons I don't feel like they are any good. Rifles are slow and when charging you can't move much compare to handguns where you can move pretty good while charging. The grenade type fires way too far. Shotgun I do love but at endgame, damage too low and the hit stats, just doesn't seem all to well. I just end up using handguns. Well I'm trying out a rifle but probably just go back to handgun. I don't really use any melees don't really like them. blades are alright I guess, chainsaws I don't get, you stay still when you use them but when the enemies use them, omg get the **** away from me already! piledrivers though might have to use if they have some instant kill move(description during loading mention something of that nature)

The back weapons I only liked the lasers, grenades and missiles. Missiles seem to be good but they activates the enemy's skills way too quickly. Satellite seem alright til you notice one glaring error, the damn animation get in the way of seeing anything. Though haven't tried it but at the end I might need to use mines as a description during loading mention they ignore defense.

There also skills that you seem to get when you use a full matching set but I have yet to do so since the parts I use are all mismatched and I don't see a list of what these skills are(not even under records witht he others) to know if they are even worth trying to get a full set despite they probably won't even have the skills or stats your good parts have.
Ball! Ball! Poke Ball!
Ball! Ball! Ultra Ball!

Knavick
1 year ago#8
Yeah, the full set skills seem to be a waste since you miss out on so many better options. Bought an entire vendor set just to see what one of an was, and while I assume it was the red skills on the list, the mec h itself was so bad it was funny. I ended up using gatling guns for most of my dungeon runs, and then a chainsaw with move atk control for arena. let's you move with it and absolutely shreds while you safely strafe enemies. Unfortunately don't have a good S rank of any of my weapons yet, so my progress is kinda slowed. And my mines don't ignore defense, at least on anything relevant. I do use sat lasers when I'm using laser builds, for missions as you can pop it then run around the room while it kills em.
The Dark Master

User Info: Zalurio

Zalurio
1 year ago#9
RE-Chainsaws - Great for PvBoss since it attacks several times per second, good damage output, absurd uptime, and with Attack Move from tier 8 (?) melee enhancement lets you dodge attacks by just being perpetually behind the enemy at all times. Bear in mind that your GEAR will automatically rotate to face whatever you're locked onto.

Blades are really good for approaching enemies quickly, which is super relevant with low SPD builds.

Sword attacks have a delay to them, but hit a wider area (and carried me through early game. Orca you will be missed) you'd still rather use a chainsaw in that case since their DPS is more consistent, doesn't leave you in a long attack animation for half a second, and they're better at spreading nasty things (status afflictions as well as sync well with anti-Atsuga's flat damage bonus)

Pilebunkers - Stupid high damage, you better hope your Hit is high because missing with this comes with a painful reload time. However, only weapon that can one shot (scales up to 10% chance and deals 99,999 damage with One Shot and Flash iirc) so it's raw ATK isn't nearly as valuable as pumping your hit as high as you can get it.

Bonus Information - Flamethrowers also benefit from Move Attack and they're good for applying the burn status effect with a solid hit.
  1. Boards
  2. Damascus Gear: Operation Osaka
  3. how long is post game(spoiler)?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A