• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Need for Speed Heat
  3. Off-road building

User Info: WiscoJack06

WiscoJack06
10 months ago#1
I know this board is basically dead, but I'm frustrated and this is the only place I have to go.

I'm trying not to rank grind too much because I'll lose interest quickly, but I'm trying to build an off road car, and the car overall drops so damn much when I put off road or rally parts on it, it's almost impossible to make it via le without grinding my rank up until I get the next set of parts. Ugh!! I'll never understand why they throw this race type in, then almost punish you when you don't build a car for race/track.

Is it possible that it depends on whether or not your car is meant/ orientated towards that build? I'm working on the '10 wrx sti, if that makes a difference.

User Info: Aero369

Aero369
7 months ago#2
Old post.. but I’m also building the wrx and no matter what I do to the thing it’s slow.. I can’t seem to get drift builds down either.. put drift parts in and cars all over the road.. drifting and off road was waaaaaaay better in payback
~If you can't find something to live for, find something to die for.~

User Info: FFVIITattoo

FFVIITattoo
7 months ago#3
Sounds like it might be your WRX. It shouldn't depend on what the base vehicle is "designed" for... I turned a default "offroad" '65 Chevy pickup into a drift truck, 'cause I thought it'd be funny, and it drifts like a champ; I also have an offroad tuned Challenger SRT8, you know, because.
The cars are sort of predisposed to a certain strength, but you should be able to tune anything to do whatever you want it to.
First, ask yourself, "Is this a test? Then, immediately answer, "Yes."
Because it is ALWAYS a test.

User Info: WiscoJack06

WiscoJack06
7 months ago#4
It's just really frustrating. I was looking forward to building an sti up for off-road, just for it to be a scooty puff jr, but when I simply re-spec my 65 mustang, it's unstoppable. Might just be me, but I get the feeling muscle cars are almost OP haha.
  1. Boards
  2. Need for Speed Heat
  3. Off-road building
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A