• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Need for Speed Heat
  3. PSA: You can change how you drift.

User Info: COKindBud

COKindBud
1 year ago#1
They don't explain this at all.
On default, it's set that if you let off the gas and get back on it, it will throw you into a drift when cornering. Most people probably wouldn't mind this, but I found that I was drifting at times where I really didn't want to.
If you press right twice on the dpad while you are out driving in the world, it takes you into Live Tuning. Among other options, (steering sensitivity and diownforce), you can switch drifting from Gas to Brake, which works just like it sounds.
Weird that this isn't included in actual menu options, but there you have it.
Enjoy!
It's not the cough that carries you off, it's the coffin they carry you off in.

User Info: diamondstudded

diamondstudded
1 year ago#2
Thanks TC!!! You’re the real MVP
I'm like Hadouken cuz I'm Down-Right-Fierce

User Info: AyooRyan

AyooRyan
1 year ago#3
I knew there was a way, but couldn’t figure it out. Good to know, sometimes I just want to let off the gas when taking a corner without going into a full blown drift. So hard to get used to this style of driving game again after so much time playing Forza.

COKindBud
1 year ago#4
AyooRyan posted...
I knew there was a way, but couldn’t figure it out. Good to know, sometimes I just want to let off the gas when taking a corner without going into a full blown drift. So hard to get used to this style of driving game again after so much time playing Forza.

This! diamondstudded posted...
Thanks TC!!! You’re the real MVP

My pleasure!

User Info: GodsofDisease

GodsofDisease
1 year ago#5
Sounds kinda like the old ridge racer way of drifting. Glad they have the option to change it. I'll try it out but i like the simple arcadey brake to drift from the last two games.
PSN- Joshbong666

User Info: Lollybomb

Lollybomb
1 year ago#6
Between gas to drift and brake to drift, I prefer brake to drift myself. I often find myself feathering the throttle through turns, and it would throw me into unwanted drifts. With brake to drift it's at least an explicit decision to do it.

Of course I usually try to avoid drifting, but certainly recognize that it has it's place in this game.
I would, but it violates an axiom I live by.
Never do anything phenomenally stupid.

GodsofDisease
1 year ago#7
Not really liking the new drift mechanics in general now that I'm playing the game. I know drift boost was unbalanced but it was way more fun lol.

Tried the new gas pedal way and found it fun at first but it seems harder to time when drifting from one corner into another. I end up drifting one corner then going straight on the next one more often than not.

Then i went back to the old way and it felt better and i was able to go from corner to corner much easier. The problem is now it can't brake normally and i have to slide everywhere which without drift boost just isn't as fun.

So yeah now it's full grip with traction control on so no drifting unless i hit the e brake and it feels great. With it like this you can let go of the gas, slam on the brakes, or both and nothing weird happens.

I'm still pretty early in the game tho so I'm hoping a little more horsepower will help the drifting.
PSN- Joshbong666

COKindBud
1 year ago#8
GodsofDisease posted...
Not really liking the new drift mechanics in general now that I'm playing the game. I know drift boost was unbalanced but it was way more fun lol.

Tried the new gas pedal way and found it fun at first but it seems harder to time when drifting from one corner into another. I end up drifting one corner then going straight on the next one more often than not.

Then i went back to the old way and it felt better and i was able to go from corner to corner much easier. The problem is now it can't brake normally and i have to slide everywhere which without drift boost just isn't as fun.

So yeah now it's full grip with traction control on so no drifting unless i hit the e brake and it feels great. With it like this you can let go of the gas, slam on the brakes, or both and nothing weird happens.

I'm still pretty early in the game tho so I'm hoping a little more horsepower will help the drifting.

Nice! I have my traction control turned off, but I almost never use regular brakes any more, I just e-brake.
Getting/building dedicated drift cars will obviously give you a better experience for the drifting events.

GodsofDisease
1 year ago#9
I'm looking forward to going full drift with the foxbody when i get it unlocked. I'd like to see what can really be done with it here. And yeah i could see traction control being on as kinda redundant with brake to drift. You can already lay off the gas without losing control. With gas to brake you really need it tho.
PSN- Joshbong666

User Info: ich3ro

ich3ro
1 year ago#10
What does the downforce setting mean when you can put it to high or low??
  1. Boards
  2. Need for Speed Heat
  3. PSA: You can change how you drift.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A