• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Cars and Trucks
  3. Got a Honda Acura 2003. Says requires Premium gas. What if I use Regular or Plus

User Info: 6482902

1 month ago#1
As the topic title says. Anybody know what will happen if I don't use Premium? And is putting Regular even worse than putting Plus or is it about the same in terms of consequences?

User Info: I Tell The Truth

I Tell The Truth
1 month ago#2
Just put in Premium otherwise sell the car and get one that takes 87.
PSN: AuroratheDivine

User Info: Rofflereturns

Rofflereturns
1 month ago#3
Car will blow up
Partying is such sweet sorrow

User Info: All Star

All Star
1 month ago#4
Why did you buy a vehicle that requires premium gasoline if you are not willing to buy premium gasoline?
r4X0r posted..."I took managerial accounting three times before squeaking by with a C-"

1 month ago#5
Whoa, fast responses!

The car was really cheap. $2000. Somebody got tired of paying Premium. Kinda like me now. Also, I didn't know. The seller didn't tell me and I only found out when I first filled the tank because it had a sign on the flap.

Rofflereturns posted...
Car will blow up

Are you being serious?

User Info: mrolympia78

mrolympia78
1 month ago#6
the car won't blow up

User Info: r4X0r

r4X0r
1 month ago#7
Meh. The guy bought an old beater, he's obviously on a tight budget and premium would run him $5-$7 extra every tank, it's a legitimate question. You put regular in it, the computer might pull timing and you'll get s***tier mileage. It's not going to BLOW UP, but run a couple tanks of premium through it, run a couple tanks of regular through it, record the mileage you get and see what's what.
I faced it all and I stood tall- And did it my way.

User Info: gwwak

gwwak
1 month ago#8
I recall the manual on an 08 Acura says it might damage the engine, but the occasional tank of regular shouldn't hurt. Main issue to look out for is knocking. On a car designed for premium, using regular may cause knocking or premature detonation. If you get knocking issues and used regular when premium is required, that can void your warranty, but that isn't an issue for you.

If the car is only worth $2000 and you don't really care long term for it, just put in regular and save a few bucks.
Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
Come visit The Range http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1003-

1 month ago#9
I don't always intend to use Regular for it. I know that prolonged use of Regular will damage the engine. I plan to alternate. Regular, then Premium, then Regular, then Premium, etc.

r4X0r posted...
Meh. The guy bought an old beater, he's obviously on a tight budget and premium would run him $5-$7 extra every tank, it's a legitimate question. You put regular in it, the computer might pull timing and you'll get s***tier mileage. It's not going to BLOW UP, but run a couple tanks of premium through it, run a couple tanks of regular through it, record the mileage you get and see what's what.

It's more than that. I've got a nice gas place where the Regular is $.80 less on average than Premium is throughout the entire city. It's closer to $15 more for Premium for the whole tank.

User Info: gwwak

gwwak
1 month ago#10
Eh after driving my cousin's Acura for a week, I realized they got pretty horrible gas mileage.
Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
Come visit The Range http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1003-
  1. Boards
  2. Cars and Trucks
  3. Got a Honda Acura 2003. Says requires Premium gas. What if I use Regular or Plus
  • Topic Archived