You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Cars and Trucks
  3. Finding a fully loaded german vehicle is harder than contracting an STD.

User Info: zinezinzadan

zinezinzadan
1 month ago#1
That’s correct, you have a higher chance of contracting a sexual disease than you do of finding a fully loaded German car for sale that is NOT one of the crazy Mercedes AMG or BMW M series. Prove me wrong, send me a link to one.

I have tirelessly been searching auto selling websites and apps over the last 2 years attempting to find an E class, S class, 5 series, or 7 series that has every available option the factory offers. Every car I have ever seen after looking at over ten thousand has not been fully loaded. If you could find me one, I would be the happiest person on earth.

An example would be a 2011 BMW 535i or 550i xdrive series. It would have to have the convenience package, Premium Package I, premium package II, drivers assistance package, cold weather package, Nappa leather, Active cruise control with stop and go, iPod smartphone integration kit, Head up display, rear seat entertainment (2 screens in back), Night Vision, and lastly Side & Top View camera 360 degrees. This car base was about $40,000, with all the options it would be around $80,000. With 100k miles I could probably snatch it for $15,000 and would buy it immediately. The problem, I’ve never been able to find one. I don’t care about maintenance costs, I will replace the entire engine if I have to if it means I get to drive a machine with all these badass options. I gotta tell you, I don’t know why people buy these German cars and waste ridiculous amounts of money on maintenance when they drive the basic optioned ones.

Another example: 2010 S550 4matic Mercedes: Panorama roof, night vision, heated steering wheel, illuminated door sill, iPod integration kit, premium I package, premium II package, drivers assistance package, rear seat package, rear seat entertainment, and lastly to top it off, the designo package (extremely upgraded interior and hand stitched nappa leather). Base car $90,000, with all these options it’s about $135,000. With 100k miles I could snatch it for $20,000 and would buy it in a heart beat.

Also, Why do a large portion of cars have the term “fully loaded” in the description when the car is missing half of the available options.

Lastly, I’ve realized these cars are hard to find because the owners who have them; had to custom order them, and therefore the owner likely keeps and drives them for 20 years or more. You’ll never see one on the dealer floor. Dealer cars just have a couple packages and are sold as main stream consumer purchases. Custom orders don’t get to barter and negotiate the price. It’s usually a very wealthy person that pays almost twice what the cars base value is in the BMW’s case, but has a car with more options than a brand new 2019 S class of today with standard features on a dealer floor.
i7 6700k @ 4.0GHz / Z170 Extreme 6 SUPER / EVGA GTX1080 / SSD 850 Evo / 2TB HDD / Cooler Master Hyper 2012 EVO

User Info: r4X0r

r4X0r
1 month ago#2
Does it... surprise you that there aren't a lot of people who want to buy a $40,000 car with another $40,000 worth of options and sell it to you for $15,000? I think the available options are there to have something for everyone, and they don't really plan on people checking every single box. Why do people advertise it as "fully loaded" when it's not? That one's simple, people have no idea how to sell cars.

As far as "I don't care about maintenance" why do you think these cars are so cheap? They're incredibly high risk to own. I don't think you get just how much one of these cars can cost you when things start going wrong. There's a term for what you're trying to do, but I'd get moderated for using it.
I faced it all and I stood tall- And did it my way.
(edited 1 month ago)

zinezinzadan
1 month ago#3
r4X0r posted...
Does it... surprise you that there aren't a lot of people who want to buy a $40,000 car with another $40,000 worth of options and sell it to you for $15,000? There's a term for what you're trying to do, but I'd get moderated for using it.

Feel free to PM me, I don’t mind being called an a****** lol. I’m looking for the deal of a lifetime.
No, it doesn’t surprise me. I figured that one out in the midst of pulling my hair out spending 3 hours per night on cargurus for the last 2 years.

Edit: on the maintenance line: I did hear some horror stories. A dude with a 2011 M5.. It bankrupted him. Weird things like $4500 for some suspension sensors that went bad in one month. But I don’t think the regular V6 or V8 models have those idiotic sensors left and right. That’s why I steer away from M class & AMG class. There plenty of fully loaded AMG S classes. Right now for $38,000 I can buy a 2012 S65 AMG with every stinking option. I do not want a 12 cylinder supercharged twin turbo charged galaxy suction vacuum powered engine with 90,000 miles LOL. That is a mortgage waiting to be paid in repair bills.
i7 6700k @ 4.0GHz / Z170 Extreme 6 SUPER / EVGA GTX1080 / SSD 850 Evo / 2TB HDD / Cooler Master Hyper 2012 EVO
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: r4X0r

r4X0r
1 month ago#4
The M5 is insane, an engine replacemt on the V10 is a thirty grand endeavor. You're straying away from the exotic models which is... I don't want to say smart, I'll say less silly. But you're looking for a unicorn. It takes time. I know with some of those more rare high end models, some of the electronic replacement parts just... aren't available. It was a low volume car and they aren't interested in supporting out of warranty users, and the car is basically scrap unless you are buddies with an electrical engineer.
I faced it all and I stood tall- And did it my way.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Trumpo

Trumpo
1 month ago#5
Bring a Trailer is good for finding very specific spec'd cars, but it is going to be at a premium.

User Info: gwwak

gwwak
1 month ago#6
Damn they are pricy. I don't think they are very good value. There is a 17 year old BMW M5 that is going for 50k.
Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
Come visit The Range http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1003-

User Info: BewmHedshot

BewmHedshot
1 month ago#7
TC you have a weird obsession with getting every option.
Cavaliers: ONCE

User Info: sredfox21

sredfox21
1 month ago#8
Maybe you should find a nice routan
support my idea, speak and spell with gwen stefani
its papayas, p-a-p-a-y-a-s
(edited 1 month ago)

zinezinzadan
1 month ago#9
BewmHedshot posted...
TC you have a weird obsession with getting every option.

When I own a vehicle, I want the best that it has to offer. Driving a fully loaded car vs a basic one is night and day, it’s a whole different car.. In one instance, the only amenity while driving is you have heated seats and your foot on the gas paddle, in a different instance but the same car; you could have heated massing seats, heated steering wheel, a head up hologram showing the speed limit and your current limit, as well as a night vision that illuminates any walking pedestrian and animals that you can’t see in front of you with heat infrared sensing and beeps to alert you there is a deer 100 meters out.

EVERYONE would want the fully loaded car, few can afford it. So I don’t understand your comment..

User Info: gwwak

gwwak
1 month ago#10
I don't want a fully loaded vehicle cause it just means more s*** to break years later. I also doubt I'll end up using most of those features.
Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
Come visit The Range http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1003-
  1. Boards
  2. Cars and Trucks
  3. Finding a fully loaded german vehicle is harder than contracting an STD.