How long did it personally take you to drive a manual?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Cars and Trucks
  3. How long did it personally take you to drive a manual?

User Info: DoubleOSnake

DoubleOSnake
1 month ago#1
For me i have about and hour or 2 behind the wheel of one and i'm not that good still though
"Kojima, the man who trolled the world"

User Info: BewmHedshot

BewmHedshot
1 month ago#2
I learned to drive on a manual.
Cavaliers: ONCE

User Info: Albtraum13

Albtraum13
1 month ago#3
First experience was around 13 years old on fire roads in dad's Jeep. Did bad. I'll never forget the smell of clutch driving to start on long gradual slopes.Then a couple more times until 16 when I got my permit, got it down but struggled and would get nervous driving stick on public roads, every one gets right on your tail at stops. So if there was a hill I'd panic.

Then drove a cousins Eclipse at around 18 and it was waaaay easier than the Jeep, but did not enjoy stop signs one bit. Around the same time a friend's fox body with a race clutch. Around that time the "cool" factor of stick faded away when ever he admitted he preferred auto.

Overall it was spread out from a few off road trips over a year or so.

User Info: nickels

nickels
1 month ago#4
I learned stick when I was 7 or 8 so I have no idea how long it took me.

But I knew what I was doing the first time I had a manual on public streets.
"Why do people respond to r4x0r?"
-BLACKUboy

User Info: ChokeStan

ChokeStan
1 month ago#5
A couple weeks just driving around my neighborhood before I was brave enough to actually drive anywhere. I stalled once on the public street the first time, then it clicked right after.
But I didn't put my hair in a pony tail for nothing so if I'm going home alone I'm not going at all.

User Info: SSMajinVegeta2

SSMajinVegeta2
1 month ago#6
Using the E Brake trick on hills helped me get further along. I bought my first car new and stalled it off the lot. Taught myself after the Ford salesman gave me some pointers. Thankfully I had seen my dad drive standards most my life
On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.
Satoru Iwata, 1959 - 2015 RIP GP God bless

User Info: booboy

booboy
1 month ago#7
It took me about a week to learn how to properly take off from a start, but for some reason I already knew or at least had a good idea on how to work it when moving.

All in all, I'd say about a month before I had it fully mastered.

I learned how in a 95 Civic that didn't even have a tach.
There is no problem that can't be solved by applying more yuri to it.
In Torque We Trust

User Info: mrolympia78

mrolympia78
1 month ago#8
about 3 days
"It's ok when we do it." - the left.

User Info: coolsurfer800

coolsurfer800
1 month ago#9
I gave up after about 15 minutes of trying and decided all of my cars will be automatic.
No, John. You are the demons.
Moms are tough.

User Info: Tupacrulez

Tupacrulez
1 month ago#10
Test drove a truck to buy.

Hopped behind the wheel, got a feel for the clutch, test drove the truck, drove it home.

So it took all of a few seconds I guess.
Suck less, Rock Moar
Have I licked butt hole before? All the time. --r4xor
  1. Boards
  2. Cars and Trucks
  3. How long did it personally take you to drive a manual?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived