02 JDM Pajero diesel for sale near me for $3600.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Cars and Trucks
  3. 02 JDM Pajero diesel for sale near me for $3600.

User Info: QB_gullygamer

QB_gullygamer
1 month ago#11
Never cared for the Avalanche, and Avalanche EXT. Always figured it was a gimmick. Oh hey look it’s a pick up truck, hey look it’s still a pick up truck. At one point they offered it with a “big block”. But was short lived.
I can't believe I live in a country where Casey Anthony will make more money than me

User Info: r4X0r

r4X0r
1 month ago#12
The big block Avalanche with the 5 speed is one of those unicorn trucks.
I faced it all and I stood tall- And did it my way.

QB_gullygamer
1 month ago#13
I didn’t know it was offered with a 5 speed manual.
I can't believe I live in a country where Casey Anthony will make more money than me

User Info: ChokeStan

ChokeStan
1 month ago#14
QB_gullygamer posted...
I didn’t know it was offered with a 5 speed manual.

Neither did I.

Now I’m interested.
But I didn't put my hair in a pony tail for nothing so if I'm going home alone I'm not going at all.

r4X0r
1 month ago#15
Now that I look into it I'm seeing sources that say it was never offered. I don't quite know what to think now, I always thought it was a thing.

User Info: Albtraum13

Albtraum13
1 month ago#16
You're a liar will turner and you'll spend an eternity as crew on this ship ah

User Info: gwwak

gwwak
1 month ago#17
Link?
Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
Come visit The Range http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1003-

User Info: Tupacrulez

Tupacrulez
1 month ago#18
QB_gullygamer posted...
Never cared for the Avalanche, and Avalanche EXT. Always figured it was a gimmick. Oh hey look it’s a pick up truck, hey look it’s still a pick up truck. At one point they offered it with a “big block”. But was short lived.

The 8.1L V8 was a glorious answer to Dodges 8.0L V10. Horrendously hindered by emissions, but when that's taken care of, wow.

It wouldn't have been offered with a 5 speed. By the time it was in use, Chev had switched to the 6 speed ZF6 in their lineup. However, that would have required the use of essentially anHD driveline in the avalanche, and that wasn't something Chevrolet wanted.

The oy way I can see a 4500 being considered is if it shared the same bell housing adapter as the 6.5L Detroit and vortec 454.

Manual swaps have been done, and it'd be a worthwhile cause on an 8.1 avalanche I think.
Suck less, Rock Moar
Have I licked butt hole before? All the time. --r4xor

QB_gullygamer
1 month ago#19
gwwak posted...
Link?

http://blog.consumerguide.com/mountain-of-torque-remembering-the-short-lived-big-block-chevrolet-avalanche/

This is actually a pretty f***ing good mainstream article about the truck. The only knock on it is their claims of fuel economy. The 8.1 actually did very well for that class. Better than Chrysler’s V10, and waaaaaay better than the Ford Mod10. The 8.1 was a great van engine too because it wasn’t really a big block. It is still LS based. It’s also incredible to power boats.

r4X0r
1 month ago#20
It might be LS based but doesn't it have the same bore centers as the old big blocks, thus making it... a lot bigger than an LS?
  1. Boards
  2. Cars and Trucks
  3. 02 JDM Pajero diesel for sale near me for $3600.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived