Thinking of buying a current gen Mazda6, how are they?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Cars and Trucks
  3. Thinking of buying a current gen Mazda6, how are they?

User Info: ChokeStan

ChokeStan
3 months ago#61
Why does that picture already have 108 views?
But I didn't put my hair in a pony tail for nothing so if I'm going home alone I'm not going at all.

User Info: r4X0r

r4X0r
3 months ago#62
134 as of now. f*** if I know. Imagur is weird stuff. All the downvotes are you guys, I know that much, but how such mundane pictures get so much attention, I don't know. I came over from Photobucket when you guys complained that Photobucket doesn't actually work, and justly so, and I didn't realize the pictures were public by default for people to look at and comment on. Caught me by shock to see people analyzing my pictures, zooming in on my sunglasses to see what was reflected and other super creepy s***.
I faced it all and I stood tall- And did it my way.

User Info: nickels

nickels
3 months ago#63
r4X0r posted...
hand brake. Yeah, I'm not making that up

I live in Canada. For decades the parking brake is what will kill daytime running lights.
"Why do people respond to r4x0r?"
-BLACKUboy

User Info: QB_gullygamer

QB_gullygamer
3 months ago#64
How do you know ppl are doing all of that?

Anyway, parking brake actuated DRL’s was commonplace on my GM and other manual transmission cars back in the days. When that first started, that was usually how it worked because on auto cars, it was the neutral safety switch which controlled that feature. Eventually body modules took over all those duties.
I can't believe I live in a country where Casey Anthony will make more money than me

r4X0r
3 months ago#65
nickels posted...
r4X0r posted...

I live in Canada. For decades the parking brake is what will kill daytime running lights.

I don't have DRLs, the parking brake deactivates the automatic headlights. Have you ever dealt with a CDM 4th gen F-Body? Maybe they just swapped a few pins over for the US market and switched the hand brake deactivation circuit to the automatic headlights instead of the DRLs. That seems like a GM-ish thing to do.

User Info: nickels

nickels
3 months ago#66
r4X0r posted...
nickels posted...
r4X0r posted...

I don't have DRLs, the parking brake deactivates the automatic headlights. Have you ever dealt with a CDM 4th gen F-Body? Maybe they just swapped a few pins over for the US market and switched the hand brake deactivation circuit to the automatic headlights instead of the DRLs. That seems like a GM-ish thing to do.

Yeah I understood.

Lots of CDM GM products of that era in my family, never an F body though. What year is yours again?

But yeah, GM used parking brake for DRL. Most did up until control modules took over. My work van turns DRL on once you go over 1kmh and they dont turn off until the van does no matter what you do. Mirage when ebrake is up switches to the safety bulbs, Jeep works on ebrake still.
"Why do people respond to r4x0r?"
-BLACKUboy

r4X0r
3 months ago#67
Mine's a 1999. Yeah, it sounds more and more like they rerouted that hand brake switch for the Canadian market DRLs to the auto headlights instead of spending two extra dollars and making the headlight knob four position instead of three. Like I said before, seems like a GM-ish thing to do.

User Info: gwwak

gwwak
3 months ago#68
My dad's Corolla's DRL can be deactivated if the handbrake is up. The DRL uses the low beams at a lower intensity.

The Jeep's DRL turns on if you have it in anything but park. Similar to nickel's Jeep, the DRL are just the high beams at half intensity.
Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
Come visit The Range http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1003-

User Info: KamenRiderBlade

KamenRiderBlade
3 months ago#69
Is my Mazda & Toyota's the only one where we can literally decide whether or not to turn on the DRL?

It seems you guys have the DRL forced on, regardless of whether or not you want them.

But for all cars that I've owned / driven / in the family; it's literally a setting that we fly right by towards turning on the normal head lights.
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'

User Info: gwwak

gwwak
3 months ago#70
Canadians have it forced on.
Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
Come visit The Range http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1003-
  1. Boards
  2. Cars and Trucks
  3. Thinking of buying a current gen Mazda6, how are they?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived