Thinking of buying a current gen Mazda6, how are they?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Cars and Trucks
  3. Thinking of buying a current gen Mazda6, how are they?

User Info: Jergensmeat

Jergensmeat
3 months ago#51
How did this turn into a conversation about headlights๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜‘

User Info: KamenRiderBlade

KamenRiderBlade
3 months ago#52
Jergensmeat posted...
How did this turn into a conversation about headlights๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜‘
You're expecting too much out of us.

We make topics meander like a river.
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'

User Info: All Star

All Star
3 months ago#53
nickels posted...
Well, they don't work very intelligently, and my 2015, my 2018 and my other 2018 don't have them.

They work great on most cars. They even turn themselves on if it is raining. Heck, my new Silverado even has automatic high-beams. Thought it was gimmicky at first, but they are quite useful.
r4X0r posted..."I took managerial accounting three times before squeaking by with a C-"

User Info: CamaroBeatStang

CamaroBeatStang
3 months ago#54
All Star posted...
nickels posted...
Well, they don't work very intelligently, and my 2015, my 2018 and my other 2018 don't have them.

They work great on most cars. They even turn themselves on if it is raining. Heck, my new Silverado even has automatic high-beams. Thought it was gimmicky at first, but they are quite useful.

What do you think of the new Silverado? Haven't seen it in person or been inside it yet but I'm liking the new RAM 1500. Fan of pickup trucks too, I'd want to get one at some point later on in the future after I get my ZL1/Z06/GS first.

User Info: ChokeStan

ChokeStan
3 months ago#55
nickels posted...
KamenRiderBlade posted...
Am I the only one who refuses to use Automatic Headlight Sensors and does it all manually?

Neither of my cars have them, but my parentsโ€™ do. I always just do them manually. Donโ€™t want to be the dick driving around in the rain with no lights on.
But I didn't put my hair in a pony tail for nothing so if I'm going home alone I'm not going at all.

User Info: nickels

nickels
3 months ago#56
All Star posted...
nickels posted...

A few manufacturers dont quiet have ymthe auto high figured out yet. Havent had a GM blind me yet, I'll give you that.
Honda is doing auto dip currently, and guess what the highbeams dont do when approaching at night.
Dip.
"Why do people respond to r4x0r?"
-BLACKUboy

User Info: r4X0r

r4X0r
3 months ago#57
Am I the only one who refuses to use Automatic Headlight Sensors and does it all manually?

To my knowledge there's no way to turn it off in my Camaro without actually messing with the wiring harness.
I faced it all and I stood tall- And did it my way.

User Info: KamenRiderBlade

KamenRiderBlade
3 months ago#58
r4X0r posted...
To my knowledge there's no way to turn it off in my Camaro without actually messing with the wiring harness.
Didn't know you couldn't turn it off in some cars.

On my Mazda 6, I have full control over it.

So I only use Manual On/Off.

Call me old school, but that's the part of driving that I can take care of myself.

I don't need no stinking machine for that aspect.

Same with Wind Shield Wipers.

Rain Sensing Wipers aren't necessary IMO for me to be happy.

I can live without that feature.

Same with Automatic High Beams, I can take care of that one myself.
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'

User Info: nickels

nickels
3 months ago#59
r4X0r posted...

Huh. Most of the GMs I've driven (although most newer than yours) have been Off Park On Auto.
"Why do people respond to r4x0r?"
-BLACKUboy

User Info: r4X0r

r4X0r
3 months ago#60
Here's what I have.

https://i.imgur.com/q35Ivis.jpg

A dash dimmer that turns on two lights located in the rearview mirror when raised all the way (there's no dome light) and a knob that gives me off, side markers, headlights. Ooga booga tech. The automatic headlights are controlled by the hand brake. Yeah, I'm not making that up. When you release the brake, it activates the automatic lights. I don't know how it works in the automatics. So technically I was wrong, if you want to turn off the automatic headlights... all you have to do is drive around with the parking brake on. To turn it off or rig it to a switch, you have to splice into it there.
I faced it all and I stood tall- And did it my way.
  1. Boards
  2. Cars and Trucks
  3. Thinking of buying a current gen Mazda6, how are they?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived