TALk me out of or into buying a stripper model eco box.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Cars and Trucks
  3. TALk me out of or into buying a stripper model eco box.

User Info: nickels

nickels
11 months ago#1
Thinking we may go new over used.

Old crew here, talk me into an used heep.
Other guys, talk me into a new spark.
just a few miles from where the lesbian truck was
Albtraum13

User Info: ChokeStan

ChokeStan
11 months ago#2
Where am I? I feel like I'm the newest member on this board.
But I didn't put my hair in a pony tail for nothing so if I'm going home alone I'm not going at all.

User Info: Evil Squall

Evil Squall
11 months ago#3
My girlfriend got a brand new Honda Fit over the summer and she loves it. Taught herself how to drive manual with it too. She drove the CVT and hated it.
Currently Playing: GTA Online Lv 298 - Valiant Hearts The Great War

User Info: r4X0r

r4X0r
11 months ago#4
Buying a new economy car isn't economical.
Professionals are predictable- it's the amateurs who are dangerous.

nickels
11 months ago#5
r4X0r posted...
Buying a new economy car isn't economical.

Over 20 year ownership, it is.

You can save 8 years of nickel and dime repairs, a few tow bills, plus the purchase price of another beater in another 10 years.

Spark may be on the toad in two decades. Anything else we buy won’t be.

I put a high enough value on not breaking down to give both options a close valuation over even a 15 year ownership.

Try harder than not worth it. I’m not saying OMG MONTHLY SO CHEAP.
Albtraum13

nickels
11 months ago#6
Then the wife keeps sending me this s***e. Ugh.

https://www.squamishtoyota.com/used/Mazda/2004-Mazda-RX-8-c15fcd7d0a0e08bd3e11b4b1fd3b69ca.htm
Albtraum13

User Info: r4X0r

r4X0r
11 months ago#7
If you want to have a Honda Fit until the year 2037, sure.
Professionals are predictable- it's the amateurs who are dangerous.

User Info: YonicBoom

YonicBoom
11 months ago#8
Buy whatever. Drive whatever. It costs $ either way. Tend to err on the side of driving something you'll enjoy rather than something that's s*** just because. I drove my dad's car to the store last night and it makes me sad that I daily the WRX, you don't realize how much your "fun" car (or cheap econos***box) beats you up or how noisy it is until you drive something that is designed for pure comfort.
All these boomas like me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVkkHVl8QvE

User Info: Albtraum13

Albtraum13
11 months ago#9
Yes, used cars are always a risk, the older, the more you risk. The extra $$$ is worth the piece of mind. I would not get a car from GM ford or dodge. Truck? Definitely, but domestic cars just suck.
I wouldnt stray from Honda/ Toyota.

Maaaaybe Kia/Hyundai. Do some homework and see if their warranty isnt too good to be true. Ive heard they can be difficult to deal with, when your s*** does actually mess up, that their service departments are worse than dealing with the DMV.

User Info: Albtraum13

Albtraum13
11 months ago#10
I think everyone is CVT these days. Ive called a bunch of shops, general mechanics and transmission specialty shops, and asked what they thought about them, nearly unanimous negative, to VERY negative opinions on CVTs. One said dont worry, and that modern 6 speed autos can reach $3,000 to rebuild, and to get what I want, dont worry about the tranny.

Early Direct injection also scares me, with carbon deposits and residues causing very expensive engine tear down to clean that carbon buildup... Completely negates all savings with higher MPG.

Touchscreens that control the AC functions scare me. I would like that to be separated.

Push start buttons, Im uncertain about... But having a wireless key with sensors for remote start, and nkt having a physical key that unlocks a door is a huge No for me

Its tough deciding what car to get. Im buying something SOON guys.
  1. Boards
  2. Cars and Trucks
  3. TALk me out of or into buying a stripper model eco box.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived