• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Genshin Impact
  3. Why do some people call this game Pay to Win?

User Info: heimdalgc

heimdalgc
1 month ago#1
Dont understand people saying this is p2w.

You can clear all content this game has to offer with the free 4* characters and 4* weapons.

If it were pay to win.....wouldnt the game be impossible with the freebie characters?

I think people are being overly dramatic.

Game needs difficulty in order to be pay to win.
Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind

User Info: Madaggar

Madaggar
1 month ago#2
Ah yes, being pedantic on the "win" part. Totally original.
http://i.imgur.com/oSNMS.jpg

User Info: Ampere

Ampere
1 month ago#3
Depends on what you mean by win. If winning is clearing Abyss as fast as you can, then yes the game is p2w.

User Info: Biaz

Biaz
1 month ago#4
Here we go again... this topic has been discussed to death, not only on this board, but also on countless boards for other games.

Everyone has their own definition of p2w and these discussions never lead anywhere.
If you think you are good at something, there's an Asian on YouTube better than you.
You have to be realistic about these things.

User Info: Yesmankablaam

Yesmankablaam
1 month ago#5
Madaggar posted...
Ah yes, being pedantic on the "win" part. Totally original.

A person is smart. People are dumb.

User Info: heimdalgc

heimdalgc
1 month ago#6
But its not being pedantic

Like the game has barely any challenge. You dont need any character or any weapon. And Abyss isnt this insane reward system.

There's nothing needed in the game

Only reason to pay is to collect them all like pokemon.
Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind

User Info: Mephantom

Mephantom
1 month ago#7
Who even said this game is P2W? I lurk this board frequently and this is the only topic where I've seen the P2W topic came up,

User Info: NSROXASXION

NSROXASXION
1 month ago#8
Mephantom posted...
Who even said this game is P2W? I lurk this board frequently and this is the only topic where I've seen the P2W topic came up,

Staff of Homa banner is a rigged and then Staff of Homa is powercreep.

Apparently even if their math is off they think that SoH is p2w because a weapon of all things is decent.

User Info: icesz

icesz
1 month ago#9
....you can clear everything ingame with Amber and there's no PVP, so no it's not a P2W game.....
PSN : Icesz
Nintendo : SW-4057-5313-3625

User Info: predgb

predgb
1 month ago#10
Alot cry about how they cant get 9/9 abyss. On the other hand you have thousands of clears on twitch and youtube of 100% f2p and welkin/bp users facerolling 9/9 abyss. Sometimes those players are even faster than me and i have spend some $$$.

Whales are challenging themselves on clearing stages within 1-5 seconds already. Some domains getting cleared in one second is super fun to watch.

This game will never get challenging because as i sad in a previous post even stupid people who get C6R5 and play on their phone with bad artifacts need to be able to clear the content. Min/Max f2p bp/welkin players are way better at beating the content compared to alot of whales.
  1. Boards
  2. Genshin Impact
  3. Why do some people call this game Pay to Win?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A