• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Genshin Impact
  3. How long should I wait before ascending world level?

User Info: Alec_777

Alec_777
4 weeks ago#1
I've read contradictory things. Some people saying that higher world levels aren't even worth it for the drops you get; others saying that if you don't ascend as you go you get screwed later, I'm assuming because you miss the better rewards on the next difficulty before the game gets even harder. I'm at WL5 right now and just past AR45. I wouldn't mind staying at this difficulty for a maybe another 10k AR points (farming bosses), but is this a wise decision?
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do. - Captain Jack Sparrow

User Info: panforis

panforis
4 weeks ago#2
I'm staying at WL3 to farm world boss drops(for Oceanid mainly) and then building up blue drops for weapons and making purple drops from the crafting system to build resources slowly as I have also heard that bosses get pretty hard at WL5 if you arent properly geared.

The WL ppl say you should skip going to because it doesnt do anything is the very last one(so 7 or 8 depending on what the last WL currently is). It apparently doesnt raise drop rates or add anything since previous lvl except making monsters stronger.

User Info: bdragan18

bdragan18
4 weeks ago#3
Its pretty subjective. If you are clearing overworld encounters/bosses easily, bump it up. If you aren't, don't.

Until i got to 40ish, i spent my effort prepping 3ish characters to up character and weapon levels as soon as available. Upon doing so, i raised my wl. Worked out well.
Eh.

User Info: catchthemouser

catchthemouser
4 weeks ago#4
If you want to further strengthen your characters to better prepare yourself for WL6, staying at WL5 for a little while is okay I think? The main draw of WL6 is guaranteed 5* artifacts from domains so If your party is ready to take on lv 90 domains I say go to WL6.

People advise against holding off on ascending at WL2 (AR 25) and WL4 (AR 35) because if you stay too long before ascending, you can actually skip two world levels and make things more difficult for yourself.

This isn't an issue at AR 45 because if you do accumulate enough exp to make the jump to AR 50, there's another ascension quest there instead of automatically raising your world level.

The jump to WL7 however may or may not be worth it from what I hear due to the drops.
Claude von Riegans acquired: 2/2 (academy, brave)
Ephraims acquired: 4/5 (legendary, brave, duo, winter)

User Info: Die2shoot

Die2shoot
4 weeks ago#5
if you are doing fine in the open world there is no reason not to.if you are already struggling in the open world then maybe wait but not too long
What is this Mickey Mouse ****!?!?

User Info: Meganium7

Meganium7
4 weeks ago#6
there is zero reason to ever delay a world rank up unless you're unbelievably underpowered/bad
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Paiguy
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1094-nihon-falcom-general

User Info: BigStackPoker

BigStackPoker
4 weeks ago#7
I don't think I'm very good at the game but I've never experienced any spikes in difficulty that make me regret raising my world level (AR52, WL7). The things that were hard for me to do on my own are still hard. The things that were easy are still easy. If you're able to beat Oceanid now (for example), you should be able to beat it afterwards too.

I really think any complaints you hear are overblown.
FGO NA - BSP 556,858,435 | FGO JP - Alpha Q Up 423,392,108
Discord BigStackPoker#5708

User Info: CrazyDiamondSP

CrazyDiamondSP
4 weeks ago#8
Alec_777 posted...
I've read contradictory things. Some people saying that higher world levels aren't even worth it for the drops you get; others saying that if you don't ascend as you go you get screwed later, I'm assuming because you miss the better rewards on the next difficulty before the game gets even harder. I'm at WL5 right now and just past AR45. I wouldn't mind staying at this difficulty for a maybe another 10k AR points (farming bosses), but is this a wise decision?

Im not sure anymore but if you need to ascend WL to unlock the final tier of artifact domains, then by all means do so, at the final tier you are guaranteed a gold artifact drop, and you'll probably want to get your carries outfitted before hitting AR50.
Smash ultimate wishlist: Sora, funky kong echo. Smash dreams come true: Joker, Banjo&Kazooie, Shulk
Nonwanted characters: Geno, Lloyd(alone),Solaire(alone)

User Info: K3y87

K3y87
4 weeks ago#9
Meganium7 posted...
there is zero reason to ever delay a world rank up unless you're unbelievably underpowered/bad

This.
Just rank up as soon as you can.
In 99% of cases there is no reason not to do it.

User Info: TrueArchery

TrueArchery
4 weeks ago#10
panforis posted...
I'm staying at WL3 to farm world boss drops(for Oceanid mainly) and then building up blue drops for weapons and making purple drops from the crafting system to build resources slowly as I have also heard that bosses get pretty hard at WL5 if you arent properly geared.
Do you know why they become hard? Because you've stopped at WL3 instead of following the natural progression.

The WL ppl say you should skip going to because it doesnt do anything is the very last one(so 7 or 8 depending on what the last WL currently is). It apparently doesnt raise drop rates or add anything since previous lvl except making monsters stronger.
Well that's wrong, just look at what people report and compile on reddit. Drop quality continuously increases, although not necessarily by much. But then again, what gates you is resin and not difficulty, so ascending should be a no brainer even if the rewards don't get much better.

catchthemouser posted...
If you want to further strengthen your characters to better prepare yourself for WL6, staying at WL5 for a little while is okay I think? The main draw of WL6 is guaranteed 5* artifacts from domains so If your party is ready to take on lv 90 domains I say go to WL6.
Domains are unaffected by WL. Only your AR matters.
  1. Boards
  2. Genshin Impact
  3. How long should I wait before ascending world level?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A