• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Genshin Impact
  3. HOL UP! People actually want the events to get nerfed?

User Info: CrazyDiamondSP

CrazyDiamondSP
4 weeks ago#1
So you mean to tell me that I spend my time leveling my characters and building my team exactly for when content like this pops up and such content is now probably at peril from people that are gonna whine at mihoyo because how dare they release content that you cannot steamroll with suboptimal 4* team comps? It's not like you event need a highscore for the primos, here I was thinking that the rewards from the scores were for those looking for an extra incentive to challenge themselves.

If anything people should be asking mihoyo to continue down this road and release more content that makes use of the characters and the mechanics they bring.
Smash ultimate wishlist: Sora, funky kong echo. Smash dreams come true: Joker, Banjo&Kazooie, Shulk
Nonwanted characters: Geno, Lloyd(alone),Solaire(alone)

User Info: meralonne

meralonne
4 weeks ago#2
Personally, I just wish they’d let go of the “we can’t create challenging content so let’s slap a timer on it!” crutch.
"Sigs are for dorks."-- my wife

User Info: azuarc

azuarc
4 weeks ago#3
I don't understand why people are calling out the timers on this particular content. My best scores have been when I settled for the 5 minute timer and left on everything else. Those scores have also been more than ample for the reward structure.
Video Game Music Contest 14 champion: Idola Phantasy Star Saga - Endeavour

User Info: lilZael

lilZael
4 weeks ago#4
If you don't turn on any timer modifiers, you get 7 whole minutes to fight the boss. That's plenty of time...

You can turn on every other modifier and the +25% HP one and you'd still get over the 2.9k average pts needed to get all the rewards.

User Info: gasgpmo

gasgpmo
4 weeks ago#5
Why do people even care? The high tier rewards are just mystic enhancement ores. You can forge 30 a day for no resin cost and still have enough ores left over to craft a weapon with the prototypes you get once every never.

User Info: Semif2p

Semif2p
4 weeks ago#6
gasgpmo posted...
Why do people even care?

Because. You need a trophy for just showing up.

Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

User Info: CrazyDiamondSP

CrazyDiamondSP
4 weeks ago#7
Semif2p posted...

Because. You need a trophy for just showing up.

And here I was thinking that the primos for beating the boss even with 0 points would be enough...
Smash ultimate wishlist: Sora, funky kong echo. Smash dreams come true: Joker, Banjo&Kazooie, Shulk
Nonwanted characters: Geno, Lloyd(alone),Solaire(alone)

User Info: Zaigou

Zaigou
4 weeks ago#8
Meh, I don't try too hard with this event, but I wouldn't want it to get nerfed (or others really).

The primary and best rewards (primogems) are there as long as you complete a challenge. Everything else is extra topping on your ice cream sundae.

This is the sort of event where challenge is fully in control of the player and for that, there is absolutely no reason to nerf it in the future. You make your own handicaps and work around them. The only issue is if there's newbies that miss out on it due to an AR20 restriction but really, I don't think newbies would have even WANTED to tackle this thing when just starting out.
PSN: Luminos564. ~And now for: Card games....ON MOTORCYCLES.~

User Info: stage7_4

stage7_4
4 weeks ago#9
meralonne posted...
Personally, I just wish they’d let go of the “we can’t create challenging content so let’s slap a timer on it!” crutch.

Floor 11-2 would like a word with you.

That and the rumor is the 1.3 lantern festival is going to be a tower defense challenge so I guess your wish came true, hope it wasn't a monkey's paw.

I do remember responding to the feedback survey negatively hot off of trying the enhanced Cryo Regisvine from the Albedo event, which did kill me a bunch of times before I figured out the way to cheese it (which ended up being "just use Amber"). To be fair, going in blind it's really overwhelming with a lot of factors to keep an eye on and a big scary timer ticking down. But I wish I could re-take the survey to be more fair rather than just angry.

I do hope the experiment with events and content more, but if the food delivery event never comes back I won't be sad.
3DS FC: 3668 7973 5220 Fire type: Ninetales, Growlithe, Pyroar IGN Calem(X),
Orlando (OR)

User Info: psycofang

psycofang
4 weeks ago#10
CrazyDiamondSP posted...
And here I was thinking that the primos for beating the boss even with 0 points would be enough...
Same.

Its really weird how people are upset at timers they dont have to activate nor make stressful

You get Primos just for winning, you get most of the rewards with a 2k score and 2.9k if youre really minimizing your efforts.

You can abuse the hell out of multiplayer for top scores

The experience is entirely in the players control and they still hate it because...
  1. Boards
  2. Genshin Impact
  3. HOL UP! People actually want the events to get nerfed?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A