• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Genshin Impact
  3. Very new to the game. Ascension material?

User Info: Dutchmill

Dutchmill
1 month ago#1
Ok, so I finally reach adventure rank 15 but some of my characters say they need items from Liyue.
Does that mean I cannot ascend them unless I got there? Also, is it a very long way from now until I can go there?
I just finished the main quest with Venti where Stormterror broke the harp.

My party now is so unbalanced where my Jean is lvl 30 and everyone else is stuck at 20...
FGO NA: Boom
FGO JP: Cyber578

User Info: Ganiam

Ganiam
1 month ago#2
Dutchmill posted...
Does that mean I cannot ascend them unless I got there?

Yes, that is pretty much what it means.

When I got there, I remember just wandering through the entirety of Liyue just to find some of those yellow minerals for Chongyun. Took forever lol

One thing I would suggest is focusing on just one main damage dealer, and maybe 2 other units. If you try to level up the entire roster you'll run out of resources and you'll eventually hit a wall
I'm a licensed Sexologist.
Feel free to PM me any serious questions about sex and/or relationships

User Info: TrueArchery

TrueArchery
1 month ago#3
That's what that means, but you can go there pretty early. After finishing the 2nd prologue chapter I believe, when you aren't blocked off by the area border any more. Liyue is towards the southwest. You don't need any quest to go there, you just need access by removing said border.

Levels don't mean that much.

User Info: Sila

Sila
1 month ago#4
You can go to Liyue whenever you want. It's open world so you can literally walk anywhere. The story just doesn't direct you there until you finish the Stormterror one.

It's probably best to unlock some of the teleporters there so you can start harvesting some of the materials. In my case it was Chongyun and Xingqiu, so I had to walk all the way to Wangshuu Inn for Silk Flowers. Plus found some Cor Lapis spots along the way. I did this way before finishing the Stormterror story.

User Info: Ganiam

Ganiam
1 month ago#5
Sila posted...
You can go to Liyue whenever you want. It's open world so you can literally walk anywhere. The story just doesn't direct you there until you finish the Stormterror one.

I think there's an AR restriction that prevents you from stepping into it until you've reached a certain level. Or maybe it's a point in the story
I'm a licensed Sexologist.
Feel free to PM me any serious questions about sex and/or relationships

User Info: Dutchmill

Dutchmill
1 month ago#6
Oh, thanks. I believe I already finished prologue 2. I'll see if I can go there.
Maybe tmr cause I played so much today xD
FGO NA: Boom
FGO JP: Cyber578

User Info: tadpinoy

tadpinoy
1 month ago#7
Dutchmill posted...
Oh, thanks. I believe I already finished prologue 2. I'll see if I can go there.
Maybe tmr cause I played so much today xD

Ascending/building your party eventually gets really expensive so I wouldn't rush it. Just enjoy the game
PSN: DragonKnight2007
"Don't ruin my stories with your logic!" - Richard Castle

User Info: Janseh1983

Janseh1983
1 month ago#8
Yea I was around that part of the story when I ventured into Liyue because I like exploring so I just went there and activated some teleported and looked around.

Actually despite what people say you can level more than 3 characters and not hit a wall. I have 6 characters leveled at 70 and did not hit a wall despite having leveled the starting characters at 30.

Now this is probably because I like exploring a lot and open a lot of chests and get books that way.
[FC: 5386-7887-6855] [Mii Rei] [Safari - (Rock) Pokemon: Onix, Boldore, Shuckle.

User Info: fan360

fan360
1 month ago#9
The "official" time to go to Liyue is to follow a quest, which you get from the Adventure Guild.
The quest is to delivery a letter to Liyue Adventure Guild.

This quest is very very early.

User Info: Silverfyre80

Silverfyre80
1 month ago#10
Janseh1983 posted...
Yea I was around that part of the story when I ventured into Liyue because I like exploring so I just went there and activated some teleported and looked around.

Actually despite what people say you can level more than 3 characters and not hit a wall. I have 6 characters leveled at 70 and did not hit a wall despite having leveled the starting characters at 30.

Now this is probably because I like exploring a lot and open a lot of chests and get books that way.
leveling 1-70 is easy. It's going past that point that you really need to save resources because it gets exponentially more expensive. Going from 70-80 is around the same cost as 1-70.
PSN: SilverFyre08
  1. Boards
  2. Genshin Impact
  3. Very new to the game. Ascension material?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A