• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Genshin Impact
  3. PSA: The Power Creep Has Begun Get Used to It

User Info: DarkAscent

DarkAscent
2 weeks ago#1
I know Genshin is the first gacha game for some, so you are maybe feeling incredulous at how OP Ganyu is compared to previous characters. I'll admit it surprised even me how good she is.

This is par for the course in gacha games. Mihoyo clearly tried to avoid it a bit to begin with, but power creep is a de facto requirement in a gacha game for it to keep existing, otherwise what motivation would whales and even cheaper players have to continue pulling new characters? Why pull new pyro main DPS 5* if Diluc and Klee are better than everyone else forever?

Get used to this. There is more to come. I'd expect Xiao, Hu tao, etc. to probably all be at least a noticeable step up in DPS compared to most existing 5* DPS. Then that will be the new norm for a while. Then there will be another round of power spikes.....it is inevitable. Eventually C6 Diluc will be a joke sitting the bench next to Amber.
No he's okay. He just kicked ass on Double Dragon.

User Info: MadDogRaid

MadDogRaid
2 weeks ago#2
still not topping Venti anytime soon though
boy's a monster

User Info: Ihelp

Ihelp
2 weeks ago#3
Powercreep only matters if the content demands it.

And powercreep already exist in Genshin, it's called Constellations and refinement.

And Genshin is already f***ing easy, this is not a game about being skilled, it's about dealing massive dmg in a shirt amount of time, and for us that's fun, all we really fight against are hp sponges that barely fight back.
BLM. MLK=One of the Greatest SJW ever.

User Info: DarkAscent

DarkAscent
2 weeks ago#4
Ihelp posted...
Powercreep only matters if the content demands it.

And powercreep already exist in Genshin, it's called Constellations and refinement.

And Genshin is already f***ing easy, all we fight against are hp sponges that barely fight back.

Right I agree the content does not demand powercreep, this is a very, very easy game. The overworld bosses are mind-f***ingly easy. However, unfortunately a lot of the collectors that slap down cash don't care. They just want to flex their shiny new character and know it is "better" than the last one.
No he's okay. He just kicked ass on Double Dragon.

User Info: Trickstar90

Trickstar90
2 weeks ago#5
DarkAscent posted...
Right I agree the content does not demand powercreep, this is a very, very easy game. The overworld bosses are mind-f***ingly easy. However, unfortunately a lot of the collectors that slap down cash don't care. They just want to flex their shiny new character and know it is "better" than the last one.
Why does that matter to you?
Unproductive drain on society.

User Info: panforis

panforis
2 weeks ago#6
THIS GAME IS 90% SINGLE PLAYER so "power creep" doesnt really apply here. Power creep only applies to games like FF14 or WoW where the classes being way to OP actually affect other players. That doesnt happen here because outside of very small occasions we are playing this game alone.

The only content MIhoyo is likely to "buff" to potentially match stronger characters is optional stuff such as the last 4 floors of spiral abyss or any similar content they may add down the line. They are likely to keep 85-90% of the game playable by any well equipped characters that ppl can draw otherwise their F2P or low budget players wouldnt be able to keep playing.

User Info: predgb

predgb
2 weeks ago#7
People crying at how op ganyu is in a game where 5* C6 chars with R5 weapons melt everything in seconds. Incredible. This is a gacha not your average AAA game.

Just be happy this is not FEBE level of powercreep. There you had to pay WAY more than just 1000-2000 to max a characters potential or even get the desired unit....

User Info: Jonothan

Jonothan
2 weeks ago#8
predgb posted...
People crying at how op ganyu is in a game where 5* C6 chars with R5 weapons melt everything in seconds. Incredible. This is a gacha not your average AAA game.

Just be happy this is not FEBE level of powercreep. There you had to pay WAY more than just 1000-2000 to max a characters potential or even get the desired unit....

Ganyu melts everything at C0 R1 Amos bow lol

User Info: kanon951

kanon951
2 weeks ago#9
I mean. Yeah is a thing for gacha games. But barely 4 months into the life cycle of the game?

User Info: Jonothan

Jonothan
2 weeks ago#10
You can spend $300 right now never had spent money before and you will have a character better than a $3000 C6 R5 Diluc lmao
  1. Boards
  2. Genshin Impact
  3. PSA: The Power Creep Has Begun Get Used to It
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A