• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Genshin Impact
  3. Legitimate question on nerfing Ganyu.

User Info: Logan832

Logan832
2 weeks ago#1
Why are so many wanting Ganyu to get nerfed in a PVE game? Doesn't that set a bad precedence?

Players will be less trusting to spend money on future units if the developers nerfed a past one they went for. I like Ganyu for her character, and it wouldn't bother me as much. But players who pulled for her power would be rightly pissed.

I guess an argument could be "well my other 5* dps units are outclassed". Well yeah, there needs to be a level of power creep to garner interest in pulling other units. Otherwise the developers would be buffing old units, which is something that is seldomly done.

User Info: LordFarquad1312

LordFarquad1312
2 weeks ago#2
People crying for nerfs have either never played a gacha or salty.
El sexo sucio y el planeta limpio.
"If you are tired of fear from links... Let Kirby's Nightmare protect you."

User Info: Jonothan

Jonothan
2 weeks ago#3
Because some of us spent money on previous characters? I have 5* units that look like bums in comparison to Ganyu.

Her release makes me not want to ever spend a dime.

User Info: Saiyajin12

Saiyajin12
2 weeks ago#4
She won’t get nerfed. Don’t worry man. Enjoy your Gogocoat 😁
PSN: Saiyajin12 (EU), Saiyajinyu12 (US)
i9-9900K 3,60GHz, 48GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

User Info: hyjinx17

hyjinx17
2 weeks ago#5
its cope by people who either couldn't pull her or are desperately trying to do anything to convince themselves not to summon.
Thanks for saving fighting games Goku!

User Info: Evil_R

Evil_R
2 weeks ago#6
People are crying nerf because their previously OP characters are detroned.

User Info: MadDogRaid

MadDogRaid
2 weeks ago#7
Evil_R posted...
People are crying nerf because their previously OP characters are detroned.
pretty much this

the cope

User Info: K3y87

K3y87
2 weeks ago#8
Jonothan posted...
Because some of us spent money on previous characters? I have 5* units that look like bums in comparison to Ganyu.

Her release makes me not want to ever spend a dime.

And what would you think if they directly nerfed the characters you spent money on?
Would that please you?
Maybe someone spent a lot of money to get Amber constellations, so it’s right that your character gets nerfed because it makes Amber look bad?

Your characters are not better or worse now that Ganyu is out.
You can just ignore her and nothing will have changed in your game. It’s a PVE game, after all.

Now if they release content balanced around overpowered characters, you might complain, but that’s not the case (for now).
And, by the way, it’s inevitable in a gacha game. We can only discuss about the fact that’s too early.

But, I mean, Venti and Diluc powercreeped most of the other characters day one, and nobody complains about them.

What’s the real problem, that you don’t like the character?
I bet if Zhongli was OP since the day it was released, everyone would have been happy... If it’ Ganyu, it’s a problem.

User Info: didierre

didierre
2 weeks ago#9
K3y87 posted...
And what would you think if they nerfed the characters you spent money on?
Would that please you?
Maybe someone spent a lot of money to get Amber constellations, so it’s right that your character gets nerfed because it makes Amber look bad?

Amber is gonna get upgraded to 5* when Sumeru comes out.

User Info: K3y87

K3y87
2 weeks ago#10
didierre posted...
Amber is gonna get upgraded to 5* when Sumeru comes out.

Amber is wonderful.
It’s just that she is a meme representing the weakest character in the game.
It’s not even important if this is true or not... She is just a symbol at this point. :P
  1. Boards
  2. Genshin Impact
  3. Legitimate question on nerfing Ganyu.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A