• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Genshin Impact
  3. Why do people wait before doing Ascension Quests?

User Info: LorenzoV

LorenzoV
2 months ago#1
It's a honest question. I'm currently at WL44 and I did the Ascension Quests as soon as they were available. I did farm some leylines to level up my characters a bit, but when I jumped to WL5 I only had my damage dealers leveled to max (only one of the two actually, the other had to wait a bit while I gathered materials). My "support" Fischl and Barbara remained at 50 for a very long time before I decided that both needed a boost.

Right now, I'm more than ready for WL6, with three characters at 80 and only Barbara at 70, and I can't wait to farm artifacts at the best rates.

Increasing WL means you get better rewards for your Resin, so imo it's always worth it.
Shion Sonozaki is the best

User Info: Ganiam

Ganiam
2 months ago#2
They're worried they can't take on the mobs, and they won't be able to go back. That seems to be the general fear.

I don't really get it because the level increase is pretty minimal, but I can get the part about being worried you're going to screw your game and won't be able to progress. I've seen that happen in a lot of other games, but so far it doesn't seem like this one does that at all.
I'm a licensed Sexologist.
Feel free to PM me any serious questions about sex and/or relationships

User Info: sirus0000

sirus0000
2 months ago#3
i personally hold off ascension quests till i have all my ascension materials from ocenoid. because screw that fight.

LorenzoV
2 months ago#4
sirus0000 posted...
i personally hold off ascension quests till i have all my ascension materials from ocenoid. because screw that fight.
Yeah. I hate that fight too. Thankfully only Barbara uses them in my team so I don't have to do it often (and I'm usually aided by my friends).

User Info: eaglei3

eaglei3
2 months ago#5
Misconceptions on how march harder the game gets on each WL increase. The change from one to the next is very minimal, but now we are going to see more and more topics of people struggling cause they went from WL 3 to an immediate jump to WL5 since they held back advancing.

User Info: SaberManiac

SaberManiac
2 months ago#6
LorenzoV posted...
It's a honest question. I'm currently at WL44 and I did the Ascension Quests as soon as they were available. I did farm some leylines to level up my characters a bit, but when I jumped to WL5 I only had my damage dealers leveled to max (only one of the two actually, the other had to wait a bit while I gathered materials). My "support" Fischl and Barbara remained at 50 for a very long time before I decided that both needed a boost.

Right now, I'm more than ready for WL6, with three characters at 80 and only Barbara at 70, and I can't wait to farm artifacts at the best rates.

Increasing WL means you get better rewards for your Resin, so imo it's always worth it.
Because a lot of us don't have 3 characters at 80.

Zhongli is coming, along with 3 claymore users - those of us who don't like Noelle can finally get a claymore DPS who's, well, not her.

Personally, I find that each WL increase, while gradual, steadily increases the level requirements for each new character I want to get.

To (properly) survive at WL6, you'd need:
- Character at 80
- Weapon at 80, ideally a 4* at minimum
- At least 4 artifacts at lvl 16 with decent main stats and some good sub stats
- Talents at lvl 5/6

AR45 is the point where I am personally going to cap my level at indefinitely as the jump from WL5 to WL6 doesn't make much difference drop wise, unlike the previous WL increases. All artifact domains unlock at AR45 WITHOUT needing to do the WL rank up quest, so I can spend some time to bring my team up to speed and get some nice 5* artifacts before proceeding further.

It is the only cap (AR45) where the increase in WL does not result in "better drops for resin".
FGO FC: 935,978,891
Support list: https://rayshift.io/na/935978891

User Info: BlazePHX

BlazePHX
2 months ago#7
That is a great question. It literally makes no sense. Unless you're trying not to advance your characters you shouldn't have any problems.

User Info: SaberManiac

SaberManiac
2 months ago#8
eaglei3 posted...
Misconceptions on how march harder the game gets on each WL increase. The change from one to the next is very minimal, but now we are going to see more and more topics of people struggling cause they went from WL 3 to an immediate jump to WL5 since they held back advancing.
This one was indeed a mistake/"trap" people fell for. I wanted to do quests that week locked at higher ARs so I spent some time at AR35, but not too long that I went up two whole WLs like some players. If you don't do the Archon or story quests (or even the side quests), you can delay your AR increase while you spend some resin getting Ascension materials. I only went up from AR35 to AR37 after spending about 2 weeks at AR35.
FGO FC: 935,978,891
Support list: https://rayshift.io/na/935978891

User Info: Ganiam

Ganiam
2 months ago#9
That's also why I'm a fan of farming artifacts at AR40 and not waiting until AR45.

By the time I got to AR45, my two main DPS units had some really good gear on. Not optimal, but very much viable. I only had two lv80, and the other two were lv71.

The transition to WL6 was pretty smooth and I didn't even notice any difference
I'm a licensed Sexologist.
Feel free to PM me any serious questions about sex and/or relationships

LorenzoV
2 months ago#10
SaberManiac posted...
Because a lot of us don't have 3 characters at 80.

Zhongli is coming, along with 3 claymore users - those of us who don't like Noelle can finally get a claymore DPS who's, well, not her.

Personally, I find that each WL increase, while gradual, steadily increases the level requirements for each new character I want to get.

To (properly) survive at WL6, you'd need:
- Character at 80
- Weapon at 80, ideally a 4* at minimum
- At least 4 artifacts at lvl 16 with decent main stats and some good sub stats
- Talents at lvl 5/6

AR45 is the point where I am personally going to cap my level at indefinitely as the jump from WL5 to WL6 doesn't make much difference drop wise, unlike the previous WL increases. All artifact domains unlock at AR45 WITHOUT needing to do the WL rank up quest, so I can spend some time to bring my team up to speed and get some nice 5* artifacts before proceeding further.

It is the only cap (AR45) where the increase in WL does not result in "better drops for resin".

Tbh, I don't think lvl 80 characters are that necessary. You only one character really leveled, your main DPS that is out 90% of the time. The others are for elemental reactions and your secondary DPS is there for the things the first one can't kill or for strong elemental reactions...but maybe I was just really lucky with characters and artifact drops...

1. Boards
  2. Genshin Impact
  3. Why do people wait before doing Ascension Quests?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A