• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Genshin Impact
  3. AR40 is gonna break the F2P players

User Info: 5ola

5ola
1 year ago#91
Busard posted...
That's not really the case though:
* The resources gained via ley lines, higher level domains and elites do increase for the same AR exp gain at higher world levels. So you actually improve your ratio of character development versus AR exp.

You improve your ratio of character development currencies to adventure EXP at higher levels. However, the character development costs increase at a much higher rate, and thus your character-development-to-adventure-rank ratio actually gets worse the closer you approach AR 40. This is why we see nothing but reports of people being able to bring fewer and fewer characters and weapons to the cap before their world levels increase, and why so many people are wishing they could stop or reverse world rank increases.

That said, the EXP requirements to level adventure rank have increased by about 250-300 every rank from 1 to 40. According to this: https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Adventure_Rank, that amount will start going up by about 1000 per level, with a jump of around 2000 at level 40 itself. This is a major increase, given that rank 39 to 40 still only requires 8625 experience. Also, the next ascension after level 40 is level 50, not 45.

All that to say, you may be entirely right that the character-development-to-adventure-rank ratio gets better at higher (40+) adventure ranks. I really hope it does.

User Info: 5ola

5ola
1 year ago#92
AtmaRagnarok9 posted...
I agree with this. The inexorable link between meaningful progress and WL was actually what motivated my post above yours. (If players could set their WL, for example, they could have all the freedom to run ley lines, improve/test new characters, run domains, upgrade new gear, etc., all without fear of getting slaughtered.) And I also agree that this link, if unresolved, has ramifications on the long term health of the game.

There are many ways to address this issue. Settable WL is one. Your suggestion (activities advancing progress without increasing WL) is another. But I suspect Mihoyo will have to make an adjustment, and sooner rather than later.

Agreed. Was just playing with a friend who said, in so many words, that he is going to stop doing daily commissions because he doesn't want his WL to increase again when he has barely leveled anything up. Plenty of topics on this board alone are from people wondering about whether they can stop WL increases. It's a real problem, and something's gotta give.

User Info: gilgaRe

gilgaRe
1 year ago#93
Pegeta posted...
do you even read and understand the game you are playing or does being an ignorant troll make your sleep good at night?
Wow. You all good, chief? Did someone hurt you?

User Info: Auron_Masamune

Auron_Masamune
1 year ago#94
I'm AR 40. 2 lv80, 1 lv70, 1 lv60, 2 lv40 and 1 lv30. I could bring both of the 70 and 60 to 80 if I wanted to.
The 2 lv 80 (Mona nd Fischl) are sitting on Talent lv6 but no amount of money spent will speed up that process.
There is very little difference between WL 4 and 5. Everything still melts about as fast as it always did and my artifacts aren't even that good.
I'll have to start doing Mora leylines and yeah Talents take more Mora but you can only level two up a week and that's if you get lucky. You should have more than enough to do that.
"What you made will be unmade. What you learned will be unlearned. And when you're done, you will be undone."
- Ambassador Laquatus

User Info: Silvorzya

Silvorzya
1 year ago#95
Yeah I just got my WL 3 to and I've finally had this and the endgame slog set in.

Leveling people has become a chore for new units. I have Xingqiu at max constellation and can't really do anything with him...even if I could I don't want to boot up the game and play it to work on one sole character to build from the ground up to what feels like a mountain now.

Whats worse is how the hell do you even highly invest in a 5* in endgame and higher world rank with this without whaling? Whats the point of Klee if what I spend on her could be spent on atleast 2 different 4*'s?

Maybe I'm missing something, if I am; I'd love to know. I've been playing Pokemon DLC while just trying to think of how to approach the game now, instead of before WL3 when it was smooth cruising

User Info: windice93

windice93
1 year ago#96
I’m confused, what does waiting to hit lvl 40 do? You don’t have to lvl up your characters skills to even pass

User Info: Ganiam

Ganiam
1 year ago#97
Pegeta posted...
24 hours in a day, thats a s*** load of time to invest in a game, thats "no life" terrority

First I'm not sure how you went from me saying I played 10 to 12 hours a day, to you thinking I've played 24h a day. I still need to sleep and eat lol

Second, that's kind of the point I'm making. I've played over 250h and I'm only AR42, and there are still a bunch of things I can do in this game that don't cost me any money, from farming world mats, mining, questing, looking for chests, and etc.

Third, I've posted about my life situation here before. I work remotely for a company that pays me by the results, not by the hour. So if I knock all of my weekly tasks in an hour, I still get paid for the whole week. Some weeks I'll get paid between $300-$1000/hr if we just divide how much I actually work by how much I get paid.

We used to put on several live events every year, but with COVID we switched to building and selling online courses. So nowadays I'm working on my desktop computer while the game is running on my laptop next to me all day long.

Meanwhile I'm also maintaining a 4.1 GPA in this M.A. degree I'm pursuing, and I'll be graduating next year.

I'm also in a 5-year relationship with someone with two jobs and a 4.19 GPA in her field, who's been acknowledged by her university as one of their top 10 students three years in a row, who is ridiculously smart fun, and attractive. Despite her busy schedule we still manage to spend a couple of hours together each day

So I'd say I've got a pretty good handle on my life, but thank you for your valued thoughts @Pegeta
I'm a licensed Sexologist.
Feel free to PM me any serious questions about sex and/or relationships

Ganiam
1 year ago#98
windice93 posted...
I’m confused, what does waiting to hit lvl 40 do? You don’t have to lvl up your characters skills to even pass

Some people are worried they won't be able to face the upgraded mobs, so they hold off on upgrading their world level

Trash mobs are still trash though, and I'm sure they'd be able to clear them without any issues

If anything it just locks them out of domains, which they can clear in co-op if they're too challenging

User Info: windice93

windice93
1 year ago#99
Ganiam posted...
Some people are worried they won't be able to face the upgraded mobs, so they hold off on upgrading their world level

Trash mobs are still trash though, and I'm sure they'd be able to clear them without any issues

If anything it just locks them out of domains, which they can clear in co-op if they're too challenging
Domains have lvls tho. Also yea I can one shot mobs. I don’t even need a second character sooo yea I don’t see the problem

Ganiam
1 year ago#100
windice93 posted...
Domains have lvls tho.

Yeah domains have levels so upgrading your World Level is a great thing, because it unlocks them

And if they're too difficult you can just do the previous level, or do Co-op.

There's really no issue at all
  1. Boards
  2. Genshin Impact
  3. AR40 is gonna break the F2P players
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A