• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Genshin Impact
  3. Newb pulling question.

User Info: BeckyBoo

BeckyBoo
4 months ago#1
New to Genshin Impact (enjoying so far if a touch overwhelmed) and FFRK is my only previous Gacha. I'm F2P and intend to stay that way.

Are any of the banners worth pulling on? I'm going to assume doing a x10 pull is far more efficient.

Also what should I be doing with my Primogems?

Is this a hoard situation until I'm gated?

Currently have 23 of the currency I can use on the beginners banner, 10 for the general banners and 5.5k of the Primo (I think).

Any advice is very welcome.

User Info: LordFarquad1312

LordFarquad1312
4 months ago#2
Don't bother with the weapons banner as a F2P for now.

Completely spend your pulls on the beginners banner. You only get 20 and it's gone forever afterwards. You're guaranteed Noelle in your first 10 pulls, and at least another 4* in the next 10. It's also cheaper.

The standard banner is a trap, kind of. The characters you see featured don't have increased odds, it's just a banner you can pull in whenever. I say it's kind of a trap because at the moment there's nothing else to spend Acquainted Fates on after you expend the beginners banner.

The featured banner uses Intertwined Fates. Right now, you should spend your resources on getting more of those if you want to pull. There are no 5* weapons to pity break you, you're guaranteed a 5* within 90 pulls and the featured character within 180. Also, the pity counter should persist between featured banners, but only way to know is after the new one drops. If you're not interested in Venti, just keep saving your orbs. Worth noting is that you can get two of the featured 4* by playing the game, and the other one, Fischl, is widely considered to be one of the best characters in the game at the moment. There are rumors stating we'll get her for free as well on the next major patch, but take them with a grain of salt.

As for 1 vs 10 pulls, it's the same. As a f2p you may want to go for singles just so you don't overspend.
El sexo sucio y el planeta limpio.
"If you are tired of fear from links... Let Kirby's Nightmare protect you."

User Info: BeckyBoo

BeckyBoo
4 months ago#3
@LordFarquad1312 thank you. Just pulled on the beginners banner twice and did indeed receive Noelle along with 3 other 4* characters: Beidou, Xingqiu and Bennett (who looks deeply annoying). No 4+ weapons.

User Info: cr14mson

cr14mson
4 months ago#4
Noelle/Beginner banner > Venti/Limited > Jean,Diluc/Regular > Weapons

User Info: LordFarquad1312

LordFarquad1312
4 months ago#5
You can forge decent 4* weapons with the resources you get by playing the game. As I said, don't worry too much about them at first, be happy you got 4 new characters.
El sexo sucio y el planeta limpio.
"If you are tired of fear from links... Let Kirby's Nightmare protect you."
  1. Boards
  2. Genshin Impact
  3. Newb pulling question.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A