• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Genshin Impact
  3. Finally got Venti, and I have no idea how to play him

User Info: Seirika

Seirika
4 months ago#1
My team was Fischl, Beidou, Xiangling and Barbara. Got myself used to playing with Hydro+Electro and Pyro+Electro.

Finally got a Venti a few days ago (probably the pity wish), currently trying to run with Venti instead of Barbara. And I seriously don't know what to do with him. Get him out to do Swirl?

Also got 5 Xiangling from wishes... and not a single 4-star spear. All I got is the 3-star spear that's really good against slime. Any tips on how I could get a good weapon for Xiang?

I play casually and just hit AR20.

User Info: Ihelp

Ihelp
4 months ago#2
I honestly feel like these how to build my 5 star characters topics are just humble brags, but congrats.

In the game you want atk/energy recharge artifacts/weapons, then once you get some good equipment, enhance them, this is universal for almost every character, play him however you want(gear>character).

I personally can never play without a healer.
BLM

User Info: ljkkjlcm9

ljkkjlcm9
4 months ago#3
Barbara is a healer. Id keep her in your party

Venti is 95% for his tornado burst. Give him recharge equipment. Flip him in for burst (his burst pulls enemies in) and throw other elements in there(elec and fire) for lots of swirl combos.
Just call me Jackel

User Info: scorch109

scorch109
4 months ago#4
Double lightning isn't really a useful resonance. you'd be better off dropping beidou or fischl.
"The Bible is probably the most genocidal book ever written." Noam Chomsky

User Info: kanon951

kanon951
4 months ago#5
Slap some recharge energy equipment on Venti and spam his Ult. It's great for crowd control.

As for the weapon for Xiang, I'm using the Crescent Pike. You can craft it.

User Info: Protian

Protian
4 months ago#6
As others have said, Venti excels at crowd controlling large groups of small enemies.

You will get to a point where you can run up to a group of enemies on the map, hit your ultimate. Kill everything before it's done, and walk away with your ultimate ready to go for the next group.

Where venti is not as great is mages and elites with the exception of ruin guards. You'll want to have another party member that specializes in fighting those most likely.

Seirika
4 months ago#7
Ihelp posted...
I honestly feel like these how to build my 5 star characters topics are just humble brags, but congrats.

In the game you want atk/energy recharge artifacts/weapons, then once you get some good equipment, enhance them, this is universal for almost every character, play him however you want(gear>character).

I personally can never play without a healer.

You think so? I thought my gacha luck's been meh (5 Xiang is really not what I wanted). I saw a streamer pulling 10 novice wishes, and got 4 characters in their first go, including Jean. I was dumbfound. The game might detect that you are streaming with sizable viewers and give you a boost or something... j/k

ljkkjlcm9 posted...
Venti is 95% for his tornado burst. Give him recharge equipment. Flip him in for burst (his burst pulls enemies in) and throw other elements in there(elec and fire) for lots of swirl combos.

This gives me some directions. Thanks!

Seirika
4 months ago#8
scorch109 posted...
Double lightning isn't really a useful resonance. you'd be better off dropping beidou or fischl.
What resonance do you recommend?

kanon951 posted...
Slap some recharge energy equipment on Venti and spam his Ult. It's great for crowd control.

As for the weapon for Xiang, I'm using the Crescent Pike. You can craft it.
Gotcha. Thanks!

Protian posted...
As others have said, Venti excels at crowd controlling large groups of small enemies.

You will get to a point where you can run up to a group of enemies on the map, hit your ultimate. Kill everything before it's done, and walk away with your ultimate ready to go for the next group.

Where venti is not as great is mages and elites with the exception of ruin guards. You'll want to have another party member that specializes in fighting those most likely.
I doubt my Venti will do that anytime soon, but sounds cool!
  1. Boards
  2. Genshin Impact
  3. Finally got Venti, and I have no idea how to play him
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A