• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. DOOM 3
  3. Is this kinda like Dead Space?

User Info: SrRd_RacinG

SrRd_RacinG
1 year ago#1
Looks similar.
https://media.giphy.com/media/l3vRn3I4UyDoKyWLC/giphy.gif

User Info: Beppi

Beppi
1 year ago#2
A little, it definitely has similarities.
Are you there God? It's me, Margaret.

User Info: JokerVDelta

JokerVDelta
1 year ago#3
Yeah it's funny, when I played Dead Space back when it came out, I didn't think of Doom 3 at all. But now that I'm replaying this game on PS4, I am reminded of Dead Space all the time.

Another interesting thing I had forgotten about Doom 3. I had always assumed that Bioshock was the first major game to use audio logs to advance the story and provide lore and backstory. At least, that's how it has been in my memory, as I remember being impressed with that as a clever technique back in 2007 or whenever Bioshock came out. But again, playing Doom 3, it looks that that technique is older, and utilized almost as well here. I'm sure there are other games that did the same thing, but I had completely forgotten that aspect of Doom 3
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett
PSN: GentlemanJoker-

User Info: VirtuaRacing

VirtuaRacing
1 year ago#4
Well..., Doom3 did come out on classic xbox (2005) and a cracking version it is, more so if you still use good old CRT TV's and enjoy retro gaming. :-)

and so did Riddick - Escape from Butcher Bay (2004) which sort of shares in the same type of ground breaking graphics as Doom 3 from that era. A good little game in it's own right as well.

User Info: Pfloydguy2

Pfloydguy2
1 year ago#5
The audio log thing was going on at least as early as System Shock 2 in 1999.

User Info: Brutal_Water

Brutal_Water
1 year ago#6
More like Dead Space is like this. When I played Dead Space for the first time, I thought it was a mix between Doom 3 and Resident Evil 4.
Forever to rot, controlled by the powers of the EVIIILdead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GoBzGHJKbg
When I played Doom3 on the pc when it first came out. I was like why is it so dark!I turned up the brightness just to not get stuck in a dead end on the map.

User Info: metaIslug

metaIslug
1 year ago#8
I have to imagine EA took a lot of inspiration from Doom3 for Dead Space because yes it's a similar game, thematically, artistically and gameplay-wise.

User Info: Estabon1

Estabon1
1 year ago#9
I just started Doom 3 this morning, and I’m finding it rather comparable to Dead Space in a few ways. The environmental story tells NG, general story progression, the setting as a whole. It’s like a far, far inferior Dead Space.
I wanna put on my Reeboks, and get on top of his esophagus,
and watch the apocalypse drop him in necropolis ^S^

User Info: Ikasnu

Ikasnu
1 year ago#10
Brutal_Water posted...
More like Dead Space is like this. When I played Dead Space for the first time, I thought it was a mix between Doom 3 and Resident Evil 4.

What a beautiful combination.
Mr and Mrs 9/5/15, Father on 6/19/16, 1/3/19.
  1. Boards
  2. DOOM 3
  3. Is this kinda like Dead Space?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A