• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. DOOM 3
  3. What Did They Do To My Flashlight!!!

User Info: Timbo101

Timbo101
1 year ago#1
You would think something as silly as a flashlight wouldn't make me rage but here we are. Why did they take away the handheld flashlight from the original xbox version?!? It made it so much more tense having to put away your weapon to see where you were going. Bonus points for smacking people in the face with it as well (could be used as a melee weapon if needed). Now you have a shoulder mounted flashlight that you can pop on and off at will while retaining your weapon. Some people will call it a quality of life improvement I'm sure. As for me, it really retracts from the atmosphere and suspense it once had.

Also no one will probably come to this board again so it felt safe to rant lol
Xbox 1 DD:DA Pawn Name: Ghost - Level 200 Strider - Challenge/Mitigator
Gamertag: TimboSunShine

User Info: Virilis

Virilis
8 months ago#2
I kinda understand your frustration. It seems like no version is truly complete and has all the elements of the various ports from the past. This port also doesn't have the 3D Mode anymore, which the BFG Edition release had - I'm only now playing games in 3D mode for the fun of it and I feel sad that it's omitted from re-releases of various games.
  1. Boards
  2. DOOM 3
  3. What Did They Do To My Flashlight!!!
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A