• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. DOOM 3
  3. I kind of miss the old flashlight
It really made playing it a b**** but on the other hand it just doesn't feel the same without it. One of the creepiest games ever with that mechanic

User Info: tb333

tb333
1 year ago#2
It would be nice if it was an option in the game menu or somthing.
"Im sorry please come back" Humanity to Natural Selection

User Info: GEKGanon

GEKGanon
1 year ago#3
Yeah, the old flashlight definitely gave the game a different feel.

Having an armor mounted light certainly speeds up the game, which I think is admirable in terms of trying to make Doom 3 play a little more like Doom and Doom 2, but the armor mounted light also severely dings the sense of danger in the game. The original Doom 3 was full of moments where I'd inadvertently smack a zombie in the face out of panic, as I shuffled to pull a weapon on him.
Steam Name: gekganon

User Info: Trespasser2003

Trespasser2003
1 year ago#4
I’ll be honest I really wish we had gotten a port of the original. The BFG lighting changes the mood and scare factor so much.
Itchy itchy. scott came. ugly face so killed him. Tasty. 4// itchy. tasty.

User Info: sonicnewboy

sonicnewboy
1 year ago#5
Totally agree. I remember being scared as hell my first time playing it.
FC: 2449-4776-5871 (New Boy)

User Info: Drumguy

Drumguy
6 months ago#6
I'm only a couple hours in, and I've definitely forgotten to turn it off until it runs out of battery a couple times.
"A hero rises to right the wrongs of Hyrule" - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  1. Boards
  2. DOOM 3
  3. I kind of miss the old flashlight
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A

What is the control to crouch on switch? Main Quest1 Answer
why cant i crouch and jump ? Tech Support1 Answer
how many guns are there? Main Quest1 Answer