• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Complete Edition
  3. Question About DEF & If It Even Important To Boost It

User Info: Sunny_Surprise

Sunny_Surprise
3 weeks ago#1
I have both this game on my PS4 a long time ago but I stopped playing it and decide to purchase the complete edition for my Switch. So about DEF...

Is that stat has any importance or is it just there? I'm sure HP is better than DEF to tank a physical hit and helps INT defensive side too. Attack is pretty much just physical offense which is important to physicals. INT similar to Attack but on the magic based attacks that oddly enough boost healing moves (I never knew about this till after I stopped playing it on my ps4). Speed is speed and can be important.

So what does DEF even do? At least with INT it boost healing effects the more INT is raised. Just curious as I want to start fresh and not make anymore noobish mistakes on my Switch

User Info: Blazorna

Blazorna
3 weeks ago#2
Actually, a higher DEF lowers the damage calculated from a physical move. So it wouldn't make a difference if you upped the HP and left the DEF alone for a glass cannon. Just raising HP just gives you the chance to avoid a oneshot, but doesn't reduce the damage range.

Sunny_Surprise
3 weeks ago#3
This is interesting. Speaking of that would increasing DEF help reduce against piercing moves damage? How much HP would one be okay with to avoid an "average" one shot KOs? Assuming if we going against some frail Digimon.

I would love to learn little more about this and how to carefully choose which stats I like to improve on. DEF seems important now if that's very true
(edited 3 weeks ago)

Blazorna
3 weeks ago#4
Penetrate moves ignore DEF and INT based on what type of damage. Ignores all buffs as well. DEF Buffs affect all other Physical moves.

For Bonus points, if you really want to invest in some HP, try investing in 10 hp bonus points and see how that goes. That translate to 100HP. But usually one would focus on the strength a Digimon has. Basically speed and power (ATK or INT) based on the stats for fast attackers or SP and SPD for supporters. Healers would benefit from INT investment with some SP depending on the moves they have. The typical load out would be 100/50 between two stats. Keep in mind this is while the Digimon has 200 ABI.

Sunny_Surprise
3 weeks ago#5
I will keep all of this in mind and experiment all of this. I think I can finally start doing Hard Mode runs once I have Digimon teams set up. Thanks for the helpful comments

Blazorna
3 weeks ago#6
No problem, just remember, hard mode is unbalanced at the start, so strongly recommended if you are on a lower difficulty until you got the VDV Trinity set up first.

Sunny_Surprise
3 weeks ago#7
One last but side question. I read your thread on the tips about the game. I came to the part about Cross Counter and Mirror Reflection. I understand how they function in this game but I am curious. Does Mirror Reflection deal damage from INT side or is it Attack stat? I do love the idea behind gimmicky sets that allows those moves to trigger SS.

Also do those skills have great benefits on slow Digimons just to have the skill linger around a little bit more?

Blazorna
3 weeks ago#8
It's ATK stat for that counter sadly. Counters would only work on bulky Digimon with good ATK as well, like PileVolcamon.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Yamato_san

Yamato_san
1 week ago#9
For what it's worth, counters can work for support skills that have a chance of causing a status effect when doing a regular attack. For instance, Plesiomon has poor attack, but a SS that causes sleep, and Diablomon has a small chance of causing instant death.
  1. Boards
  2. Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Complete Edition
  3. Question About DEF & If It Even Important To Boost It
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A