• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: chaincat22

chaincat22
1 month ago#1
I've been playing through on hard mode and, while I had a few road bumps early on, it was actually a pretty rewarding experience all the way through... Until I tried the demon lords. Belphemon, Creepymon, and Barbamon were all fairly easy, Beelzemon required me to set some time aside to actually getting my stats right and also using UlforceVeedramon to cheese out an extra turn of damage to finish him off, and now I'm on Lilithmon. Why does she get so many turns? Why is she allowed to freely spam her signature move that flatly one-shots my team? Why does she resist debuffs? I have no answer to her. She's simply too powerful for me to handle, and I'm drawing an absolute blank what to do against her, and the walkthrough has no tips to beat her, it just mentions that her Phantom Pain is strong and she can spam it.

My team is Chaosmon VA, Omnimon, and ImperialDramonPM, all equipped with Panic Guard DX and a Dark Guard DX, Chaosmon has 2 since he can hold 3. The only rule I made for myself in this playthrough is that I'd only use vaccines in my actual team. So anything that is a vaccine is fair game.
[The World]! Toki Yo Tomare!

User Info: overlordpringer

overlordpringer
1 month ago#2
Have you tried reaching any of your Digimon safety guard?

chaincat22
1 month ago#3
overlordpringer posted...
Have you tried reaching any of your Digimon safety guard?
assuming you meant teaching and yes. I ultimately just fall into a cycle of recasting safety guard and healing that lilithmon can and will eventually break, either by getting like 10 turns in one go and killing me with chip damage, or she decides to spam phantom pain until I die.

User Info: overlordpringer

overlordpringer
1 month ago#4
Try using Ulforceveedramon and Kentaurosmon. Kentaurosmon will protect you from status effects 50% of the time and Ulforceveedramon is good for hitting first

chaincat22
1 month ago#5
overlordpringer posted...
Try using Ulforceveedramon and Kentaurosmon. Kentaurosmon will protect you from status effects 50% of the time and Ulforceveedramon is good for hitting first
UlforceVeedramon was nerfed hella hard though. Damage output isn't the problem, it's survivability. It doesn't matter if one digimon moves first if she can just wipe my entire team before I get to move again.

That said, I did manage to pull it off with Sistermon Blanc. I made her slower than my main party and got a bit lucky with Lilithmon's attack pattern (she wasted most of her turns on statuses, only used phantom pain like 6 times unlike my last runs where she'd use it no less than 20 times before i gave up) and beat her with ImperialDramonPM

User Info: muur

muur
1 month ago#6
why does she get so many turns?

...ah you shouldve seen base cyber sleuth before they nerfed speed... digimon would get 10+ turns in a row on you

chaincat22
1 month ago#7
muur posted...
why does she get so many turns?

...ah you shouldve seen base cyber sleuth before they nerfed speed... digimon would get 10+ turns in a row on you
No wonder the guides say to use Jesmon and UlforceVeedramon so much. But now that we have the complete edition, that strategy doesn't work.

User Info: muur

muur
1 month ago#8
chaincat22 posted...
No wonder the guides say to use Jesmon and UlforceVeedramon so much. But now that we have the complete edition, that strategy doesn't work.

original ulforce gave you the first three turns

chaincat22
1 month ago#9
muur posted...
original ulforce gave you the first three turns
Mhmm, I know. But now it's just him, which is useless.

User Info: alasholyweek

alasholyweek
1 month ago#10
How about Sistermon Blanc awakened? She is a vaccine and her Protect Wave prevents damage and abnormal status until your next turn, quite useful against fast opponent.
I also recommend getting an Alphamon O for his DEF piercing signature move, which works much better in this case since Lilithmon has low DEF and high INT.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers