• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: overlordpringer

overlordpringer
3 weeks ago#1
Ok... This is kind of an odd situation. In Japan it doesn't seem to be doing that well, at least physically. It only sold 4k copies during its debut week. In the US it seems to be doing really good... Digitally. And in Europe I have no idea.

User Info: angelusalvus

angelusalvus
3 weeks ago#2
If it sells super well on the west, future games might get english dub.
3DS FC: 2337-2967-1748

User Info: muur

muur
3 weeks ago#3
angelusalvus posted...
If it sells super well on the west, future games might get english dub.

that already happened with next order and rearise

as for 4k sales in japan, I hazard thats because of a "everyone has already played it on PS" situation.

sales prob aren't much better in the west sales for the same reason
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Mugendramon

Mugendramon
3 weeks ago#4
overlordpringer posted...
In Japan it doesn't seem to be doing that well, at least physically. It only sold 4k copies during its debut week.

According to Famitsu the Switch port sold between 20 to 40% of it's stock in the first week, so it looks like Bamco was expecting it to sell a bit more in Japan. My hopes were that the Switch port would sell enough during it's second week to confirm if it managed to enter the next 40-60% level (if it didn't then that wouldn't be a good sign), but unfortunately Famitsu didn't track enough copies for it to register on it's Top 30 during the second week so it looks like we won't be able to know.

First week - Famitsu
14./00. [NSW] Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth – Hacker’s Memory <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2019.10.17} (¥5.980) – 4.536 / NEW <20-40%>

First week - Dengeki
14./00. [NSW] Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth – Hacker’s Memory (Bandai Namco Games) {2019.10.17} – 4,827 / NEW

Second week - Dengeki
28./14. [NSW] Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth – Hacker’s Memory (Bandai Namco Games) {2019.10.17} – 1,980 / 6,807

Third week - Dengeki
47./28. [NSW] Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth – Hacker’s Memory (Bandai Namco Games) {2019.10.17} – 1,053 / 7,860

User Info: Mugendramon

Mugendramon
3 weeks ago#5
Mugendramon posted...
First week - Dengeki
14./00. [NSW] Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth – Hacker’s Memory (Bandai Namco Games) {2019.10.17} – 4,827 / NEW

Alright, I found the Media Create sell-through rate for the Switch port during it's debut week, which was of 30%:

[NSW] Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth – Hacker’s Memory <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥5.980) – 30%. Fairly average debut.

The Media Create report together with Dengeki sales seem to corroborate that the game should have exceeded the 40% level in it's second week and it should have sold half of it's stock by the fourth week.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: muur

muur
3 weeks ago#6
that's still pretty bad.

User Info: thenagan

thenagan
3 weeks ago#7
well it was a re-release of a relatively new game lol not to mention there is no new content and Japanese players already had all of these perks like a few years ago at this point.
PSN: SmileyGamer13

User Info: kaliskonig

kaliskonig
1 week ago#8
Late ports on Switch typically dont sell well in Japan. the 30%-40% range is whats expected. same thing has happened with a ton other Late Switch ports. TBH these late ports mostly aim at western audiences. We are the ones double dipping mostly and supporting these late ports.
Reiji Arisu, Elma, Wonder Red, Steve, and Rex as DLC!
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Blazorna

Blazorna
1 week ago#9
Wonder how Digimon Survive will fare...

User Info: overlordpringer

overlordpringer
1 week ago#10
Blazorna posted...
Wonder how Digimon Survive will fare...

I think Digimon Survive will do fine. There seems to be quite a lot of hype for it
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers