• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Complete Edition
  3. Ok, can anyone explain something with the digimon franchise?

User Info: cheatermaster

cheatermaster
3 weeks ago#1
I'm hoping I heard correctly. But apparently most digimon have this weird copyright thing. Like if a digimon appeared in an anime, manga or video game once, that's all the appearance they'll get. For example, Arkadimon and each of it's digivolve forms have never appeared outside of the manga it first appeared. Well, until I heard it did appeared in the Digimon Xros Wars anime, and now Hacker's Memory. Hell, both UlfoceVeedramon and Daemon have a super ultimate (well I guess it's offically called Ultra) forms and neither appear outside the manga.

Honestly those are the only digimon I know. Then again, I often recall a digimon called Reapermon (I think it's also called Gokumon in Japan though) appearing in Rumble Arena. But I swear it has never appeared outside the Rumble Arena game. I'm questioning why most digimon have this weird copyright rule because shouldn't they all be owned by the same franchise or something? I know they don't put all digimon in a single game or anime or whatever, but it's weird that they aren't allowed to use any digimon in anything because that particular digimon has a copyright law. It's weird to me cause they are part of the same franchise owned by whoever made the series.

User Info: brago90

brago90
3 weeks ago#2
Sometimes they hire outside designers to do something and everything they do is owned by them and not by Digimon unless they specify a transfer of rights in the contract.

Sometimes it has happened in the past but now they are much more careful with those things because it seems that the Japanese are very porculeros with the issue of image rights and many times they can not reach any agreement.

In fact, I think Arkadimon is the only digimon with whom an agreement has been made. And that is why in HM Arkadimon it is quite important, to amortize the costs of rights.

User Info: muur

muur
3 weeks ago#3
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/268808-digimon-story-cyber-sleuth-complete-edition/78133167

You asked this last week

User Info: ZavierTheHunter

ZavierTheHunter
3 weeks ago#4
muur posted...
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/268808-digimon-story-cyber-sleuth-complete-edition/78133167

You asked this last week

LMAO, I knew I wasn't seeing things!
Here is a wild signature in its natural habitat. Oh wait, that's not a signature...i-it's GRAND METROPOLIS!

User Info: Yamato_san

Yamato_san
3 weeks ago#5
brago90 posted...
but now they are much more careful with those things

Was this before or after all the fanmade submissions for Xros Wars: Hunters? I'm guessing before, because several of those Digimon seem to appear just fine in the Reference Book and even Cyber Sleuth's medals (though yet to make a playable appearance, likely because Xros Wars is a mess when it comes to levels).

muur
3 weeks ago#6
The only XW Digimon in the Cyber Slueth medals is Mervamon

User Info: Yamato_san

Yamato_san
3 weeks ago#7
Oh? I thought I remember those Digimon making some other appearance. Maybe I was thinking of the mobile games.

User Info: GogesusSS4

GogesusSS4
3 weeks ago#8
Or the Old cards in Next Order.

muur
3 weeks ago#9
Yeah there's a bunch of XW Digimon in the cards of next order. Habu didn't do that game so it's very clear he doesn't like XW Digimon when they can't even get in a medals. Especially when stuff like morishellmon get in lol

User Info: brago90

brago90
3 weeks ago#10
muur posted...
Yeah there's a bunch of XW Digimon in the cards of next order. Habu didn't do that game so it's very clear he doesn't like XW Digimon when they can't even get in a medals. Especially when stuff like morishellmon get in lol

Habu already said at the time that the digimons of Xros wars were not a priority, because to include them as he wants to include them they will have to make a whole new evolution system for the xros evolution.
We can see some like Shoutmon that by itself can evolve to ultimate but the rest is more complicated beyond things like darknightmon, which despite being Xros evolution works like a jogres, it is complicated to see them soon in upcoming Digimon Story.
Not to mention that many of the evolutions we see of Xros evolution are not very clear about their level of power. For example Dorulumon is clear that it is Champion but JagerDorulumon could be perfect or ultimate.
  1. Boards
  2. Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Complete Edition
  3. Ok, can anyone explain something with the digimon franchise?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers