• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: raven_flock87

raven_flock87
3 weeks ago#1
Sword and Shield seem... terrible.

I'd rather give my money to something better.

How is the difficulty?

Digimon training aspects?

Etc.
The plastic tips at the end of shoelaces are called aglets. Their true purpose is sinister.

User Info: Derald_Snyder

Derald_Snyder
3 weeks ago#2
It's not really that hard if you know what you're doing.
That being said, this is NOTHING like Pokemon. If you can accept that, go for it.
I fully love and believe in Jesus Christ and I'm 100% proud of it. If you don't... Then I won't try to force you to.

User Info: thenagan

thenagan
3 weeks ago#3
It is a turn based JRPG where you can have 3 digimon following you. So already something Gamefreak can't do anymore.

The story talks awhile to get good, the difficulty is harder than Pokemon but it shouldn't be impossible.
PSN: SmileyGamer13

User Info: muur

muur
3 weeks ago#4
there's difficulty options so if its too easy you can play on hard

User Info: angelusalvus

angelusalvus
3 weeks ago#5
The biggest differences with pokemon are:

1)most digimon have different evolution pathways
2)you can return a digimon to a previous state to raise abi (stat required for some evolutions) or if you simply want to try out different digimon in your party
3)you "capture" digimon by scanning them. The scanning is automatic at the beginning of every battle and once the scan reaches 100% (it can go up to 200%. the only difference in getting a digimon at 200% is that it stats with 5 abi, instead of just 1, if you get it at 100%) you can creat that digimon in your lab without any other cost.
3DS FC: 2337-2967-1748
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: raven_flock87

raven_flock87
3 weeks ago#6
Does the story overpower the Digimon raising aspect?

I'm much more interested in possible depth in scanning many Digimon, training them, etc. than what I've seen of the story.

Glad to hear there is some challenge in this game.
The plastic tips at the end of shoelaces are called aglets. Their true purpose is sinister.

User Info: Yamato_san

Yamato_san
3 weeks ago#7
angelusalvus posted...
The biggest differences with pokemon are:

1)most digimon have different evolution pathways
2)you can return a digimon to a previous state to raise abi (stat required for some evolutions) or if you simply want to try out different digimon in your party
3)you "capture" digimon by scanning them. The scanning is automatic at the beginning of every battle and once the scan reaches 100% (it can go up to 200%. the only difference in getting a digimon at 200% is that it stats with 5 abi, instead of just 1, if you get it at 100%) you can creat that digimon in your lab without any other cost.

Yeah, unlike Pokemon, there's none of this bulls*** with legendaries and mythicals and whatnot being only one per game save. With the exception of the NX Digimon (which are really just little easter eggs promoting real life figures based off of other Digimon already in the game), every Digimon can evolve and de-evolve into literally every other Digimon through the branching evolution trees. Once you have access to one particular Digimon, you can essentially make infinite copies of that Digimon as you please (though, some Digimon take more effort than others). I'd personally keep just one of each for the sake of having a living collection, but with the Digimon Banks between both Cyber Sleuth and Hacker's Memory, you have quite a lot of room for doubles even if you were to play like me.

User Info: danmiy12

danmiy12
3 weeks ago#8
the biggest differences for digimon are
-there are boss fights that arent just well teams like the gym leaders, the bosses are more like you expect in a rpg, a 1 vs your team or a boss and their 2 minions, they even have moves you cannot ever learn and massively inflated hp like a boss fight in rpgs will be
-you can go backwards on the digievolve tree and doing that allows that digimon to have bonus stats up to 150 bonus pts at max abi (used to determine bonus pts) some digievovions req you to go back as they have a abi req, Also all digimon have many paths to pick and you might do that just to gain a moveset from one then move onto another
-digifarm which allows you to train digimon in stats you want and allow them to keep up with your main team, in fact digimon wont spend their bonus pts unless they are in the farm so putting your main team there from time to time will make them better then a fresh one
-instead of a capturing mechanic, just seeing that digimon adds to a % bar and once its 100% you get that digimon, if you go over 100% their abi will be higher up to 5 if its 200%.
-you can save moves up to 20 from other forms when you go forward or back but they all have unique abilites and speical atks that they lose if they switch forms so mostly the forms are for stats, special ability and move, and you can then add moves they learned as they leveled
-legendary and mythicals are gettable right at the start of the game you just have to digievolve to them but the req is uusally sky high so getting them early might not be possible but it isnt 1 per cart. You can have up to 11 digimon in the party with 3 in the battle but each digimon takes up memory with stronger forms taking up more, so you might have to drop some digimon if your memory is too low, this restrction goes down as you find memory ups and eventually you can field many megas but early game you barely can even fit a couple champions lol.
-each farm can hold 10 digimon and you get multiple farms, and the bank increases as you do side missions or find upgrades in chests so eventually you def can get all digimon forms even the in-training in either the farm or bank, but that isnt req as mostly you'll be having megas or dna or ultras in your party or farm and switching them out if a boss needs a speicific team.
-lastly, the story is more grounded, no evil team or 8 gym battles but more what you'd expect in a rpg...with twists and turns...it has a much more interesting story compared to pokemon but its def not as good as other rpg but its leagues above pokemon thats for sure.
super mario maker 2 maker id:GFH-MCB-51H
Monster hunter HH Main 20k+ uses over 5 games/ switch fc SW-7322-5459-7505
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: roboemperor

roboemperor
3 weeks ago#9
Pokemon is better. Digimon doesn't even compare. Pokemon is very, very indepth while digimon is incredibly shallow.

But I like digimon designs better than pokemon so I play a lot of digimon games and very few pokemon. And I prefer the slice of life of this game than the really dumb pokemon stories.

So I guess mechanics/quality: Pokemon > Digimon.
Everything else Digimon > Pokemon

User Info: Yamato_san

Yamato_san
3 weeks ago#10
danmiy12 posted...
-legendary and mythicals are gettable right at the start of the game you just have to digievolve to them but the req is uusally sky high so getting them early might not be possible but it isnt 1 per cart. You can have up to 11 digimon in the party with 3 in the battle but each digimon takes up memory with stronger forms taking up more, so you might have to drop some digimon if your memory is too low, this restrction goes down as you find memory ups and eventually you can field many megas but early game you barely can even fit a couple champions lol.

Not all Digimon are available from the start. For one thing, you're incapable of de-evolving into Baby forms unless you at least see them in battle first. Fortunately, most of the BabyI Digimon can be encountered almost immediately..... except Kuramon. Oddly enough, both it and its evolutions are never found until later, at least in-story. Though if you remember to participate in the offline tournament, you can find them as early as chapter 2 (if you want them early, you can even build up scan data for them by losing the tournament on purpose; although you can de-evolve to them once they're encountered, keep in mind that none of the Babies' evolution chains intersect until the Adult level).

Then, of course, there's all the Digimon that require some special item or other requirement (like the Armors, Hybrids, and Arkadimon). Though, it's somewhat of a moot point since, as you said, you're kinda gate-kept from evolving your Digimon very far anyway due to the Party Memory limit. Hell, the Party Memory at the beginning of the game (only 20, as I recall) makes it literally impossible to take a Super Ultimate with you. But theoretically, it should at least be possible to raise high-level Digimon with a LOT of grinding (I wonder if anyone attempted a "Lucemon Satan Mode in Chapter 1" challenge just for the lols, even if the thing could do nothing but sit in the Farm).
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers