• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Complete Edition
  3. What was the point of her character in the first game? (story spoilers)

User Info: angelusalvus

angelusalvus
2 months ago#1
I'm talking about Rina. She was the partner of that Veemon who became a royal knight. She was basically shoehorned into the story and from what I understood she's from a paralel Earth (and the veemon from the Mc's universe was there for some reason).

They play it like she's super important only to be kind of forgotten later on. Also, why the hell introduce the whole "alternative dimensions" this late into the story? And also have this plot point not even be important for the story (given how the main conflict are the eaters destroying the digital world and the royal knights attacking the MC's world).

Is Rina from some other game and she's supposed to be a funny cameo or something?
3DS FC: 2337-2967-1748
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: brago90

brago90
2 months ago#2
She is the protagonist of another game, the same goes for the girl of the missions of the sins.

User Info: kaliskonig

kaliskonig
2 months ago#3
Pretty sure that was DLC.

The multiverse is established in other digimon games and missions revolving around them are usually for fanservice/cameo purposes. Rina appears as a guest in Next Order for example also. Rina's first appearance was in the 3DS version of Re;Digitize if I recall.

There is another quest line starring a character from another universe/games also. These were DLC quests that were rewarded to the fanbase when they hit certain milestones in Japan. If you are familiar with the franchise you appreciate the quests but if you are not you might be confused.

I suggest anyone read up on the lore behind these characters. Some interesting stuff is there.
Reiji Arisu, Elma, Wonder Red, Steve, and Rex as DLC!
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: muur

muur
2 months ago#4
fan service from the previous game in a returning character. they do that all the time. in pretty much every game for the last 15 years. cyber/hackers characters will show up in the next stroy game (one might even show up in survive, and probably will) even though its an alternate universe. so yes, rina was from digimon world re:digitize: decode that was the game that came out before Cyber Sleuth. They prob just reused her cus they have her 3d model and thought "why not?"

kaliskonig posted...
Pretty sure that was DLC.

it was DLC in next order, in cyber sleuth shes part of the main story
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: IcyWind14

IcyWind14
2 months ago#5
As people have already stated, Rina is from Re:Digitize Decode for the 3DS where she was both a major NPC and a playable character in the game's New Game+.

angelusalvus posted...
(and the veemon from the Mc's universe was there for some reason).

Veevee isn't the UlforceVeedramon from Aiba's world, that UlforceVeedramon died when trying to enter the real world. It's just a separate one that can play the part in the original's absence.
It's the year 20XX and Mega Man 11 is here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEjxVfWzgVI
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: HenryWong122

HenryWong122
1 month ago#6
IcyWind14 posted...
As people have already stated, Rina is from Re:Digitize Decode for the 3DS where she was both a major NPC and a playable character in the game's New Game+.

Veevee isn't the UlforceVeedramon from Aiba's world, that UlforceVeedramon died when trying to enter the real world. It's just a separate one that can play the part in the original's absence.
He didn't die. He got stuck. They say so in the game.
Lilimon and I are your OG's and we'll be respected as such!

IcyWind14
1 month ago#7
HenryWong122 posted...
He didn't die. He got stuck. They say so in the game.
https://i.imgur.com/XguQvbJ.png
Sounds like he's dead to me.

User Info: alasholyweek

alasholyweek
1 month ago#8
IcyWind14 posted...
https://i.imgur.com/XguQvbJ.png
Sounds like he's dead to me.
In HM, there was a mission in which you needed to help Alphamon and Craniummon find UlforceVeedramon in some sort of portal and then Alphamon and you stopped Craniummon from chasing after him because it was dangerous, so my guess is he is still alive but somehow transported to god knows where.

IcyWind14
1 month ago#9
alasholyweek posted...
In HM, there was a mission in which you needed to help Alphamon and Craniummon find UlforceVeedramon in some sort of portal and then Alphamon and you stopped Craniummon from chasing after him because it was dangerous, so my guess is he is still alive but somehow transported to god knows where.
Ah, right. I completely forgot about that.

User Info: Blazorna

Blazorna
1 month ago#10
Maybe the CS UlforceVeedramon could show up in Digimon Survive. That would be a really nice touch of foreshadowing if that was the case.
  1. Boards
  2. Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Complete Edition
  3. What was the point of her character in the first game? (story spoilers)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers