• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Complete Edition
  3. Question with the Digimon franchise

User Info: cheatermaster

cheatermaster
2 months ago#1
I'm not really sure where I heard this. But do most digimon in the entire franchise have this really weird copyright issue? Because there tends to be a new digimon that appears in one game, or one manga or whatever. But after that one appearance in a game or manga or anything, that's all they get. They don't appear beyond that one appearance. For example, the digimon Arkadimon. I heard it first appeared in a manga, and it's evolved forms all have the same name. But it never appears beyond the manga until Hacker's Memory (I think also the Digimon Fusion or Xros Wars anime, not sure).

Same with UlforceVeedramon and Daemon because they both have a super ultimate form. But these two forms have not appeared beyond the manga at all. I think Millenniummon (not...100% sure) as well because he's a fusion of Kimeramon and Machinedramon, and both are made from different digimon body parts. Then there is Galacticmon from Digimon World 3 plus it's pre evolved forms. I have never seen it outside of World 3, not even a card of it from those digimon cards. Is it me or do most digimon have these weird copyright things? Because I thought I heard it's one reason you don't see a game with all digimon in a single game. And I thought since it's one single franchise, each digimon don't need copyright cause they're owned by the same company or something.

User Info: muur

muur
2 months ago#2
Some Digimon have copywrite issues yes. We didn't know this till the mmo put future mode in only for the v tamer staff to copywrite strike them basically. So if a Digimon showed up only once it's prob dead from copywrite.

As for arkadimon only the baby and ultra seem to be in limbo. The rookie to mega have shown up a few times but the baby and ultra were dead for 20 years. The game producer said he signed a deal to get them confirming even more about copywrite.

It's guest designers making one offs basically.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: Nabiki_Tendo

Nabiki_Tendo
2 months ago#3
ultraforceveedramon is in this game dont know if you can gethim but he is part of the story
Switch FC: SW-6234-9750-4519

muur
2 months ago#4
Nabiki_Tendo posted...
ultraforceveedramon is in this game dont know if you can gethim but he is part of the story

Normal is fine. Future mode is the problem.

User Info: ZavierTheHunter

ZavierTheHunter
2 months ago#5
Galaticmon's line should have already been obvious. It's unique to DW3. Especially since the way it came to be is only tied to DW3's story.

Still hope to see Destromon (the Ultimate form) destroy that fleet in HD or a remaster one day...
Here is a wild signature in its natural habitat. Oh wait, that's not a signature...i-it's GRAND METROPOLIS!

User Info: Lioconvoy

Lioconvoy
2 months ago#6
I always liked the Red Machindramon from DW2.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/510-digimon-games-social
Digimon FC: 201974488426
Digimon Dawn FC: 262104570833

User Info: IcyWind14

IcyWind14
2 months ago#7
muur posted...
Nabiki_Tendo posted...

Which is super weird because the entire Veedramon line was designed by V-Tamer's artist. What makes Future Mode so special?
It's the year 20XX and Mega Man 11 is here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEjxVfWzgVI

muur
2 months ago#8
IcyWind14 posted...
muur posted...
Nabiki_Tendo posted...

Which is super weird because the entire Veedramon line was designed by V-Tamer's artist. What makes Future Mode so special?

Beats me, though there's the point that Aero was in World 2 before the manga. I'm assuming Veedra and Aero were from Bandai telling him to do it, and Future Mode was made by himself?
  1. Boards
  2. Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Complete Edition
  3. Question with the Digimon franchise
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers