• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Complete Edition
  3. What about digimon kinda upsets you?

User Info: muur

muur
4 weeks ago#51
TheGolux posted...
I mean Kari's Angewomon did evolve into Ophanimon in the PSP Digimon Adventure game, but Falldown Mode as a bad form and Holydramon as a true form is canon for the anime I guess (since the game already diverges by allowing people besides Matt and Tai to get to mega at all).

Gatomon being an anime character means that only the anime should be considered canon when talking about her evolutions.

another example:

Aiba's final party is Rosemon, HiAndromon, MegaGargomon

if an anime showed Lilamon, Machinedramon, and Rapidmon Gold - since Aiba is a game character, the game evos would be considered canon over the anime ones.

So Adventure PSP does not count for anything other than "she was Ophanimon in PSP".
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: roboemperor

roboemperor
4 weeks ago#52
muur posted...
Gatomon being an anime character means that only the anime should be considered canon when talking about her evolutions.

No. The fact that this particular gatomon's most common evolution is holydramon doesn't mean jack.

The fact that this particular gatomon's most common evolution is holydramon does not make Junomon, Ofanimon, etc. "not canon".

I don't think you people understand what the word "canon" means. "canon" does not mean "most common", "most likely", "most fitting thematically".

"Canon" isn't even supposed to describe evolutions. It's supposed to describe story events. What happened, what didn't happen, what was imaginary, what was written by the original author, etc. etc. and the rules of digivolution have nothing to do with "canon".

Skullgreymon is "canon" despite MetalGreymon existing. Megidramon is "canon" despite Dukemon existing. Ofanimon is "canon" despite Holydramon existing.

Stop using the word "canon".

User Info: Yamato_san

Yamato_san
4 weeks ago#53
roboemperor posted...
Skullgreymon is "canon" despite MetalGreymon existing. Megidramon is "canon" despite Dukemon existing. Ofanimon is "canon" despite Holydramon existing.

You know, Eevee has branched evolutions too.

Really, though, while "canon" may not be the most correct terminology, I'm sure you know what people mean when they say it. "Official", "signature", "fitting", "true", whatever, they refer to pretty much the same thing in regards to evolution chains.

muur
4 weeks ago#54
Dude.

CANON TO THE GATOMON THAT BELONGS TO KARI

OTHER GATOMON CAN HAVE OTHER MEGAS

KARIS GATOMON SPECIFICALLY IS MAGNADRAMON

roboemperor
4 weeks ago#55
muur posted...
Dude.

So what is ophanimon falldown mode? Not canon? Despite us all seeing it happen with our own two eyes?
(edited 4 weeks ago)

roboemperor
4 weeks ago#56
Yamato_san posted...
You know, Eevee has branched evolutions too.

Exactly my point. Thank you. Calling other branch evolutions "not canon" is dumb.

Kari's Gatomon digivolved into OfanimonFM so OfanimonFM is a "canon" evolution to Kari's Gatomon.

muur posted...
CANON

All branch evolutions are "canon". And you're still using that word wrong.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: someonenoone11

someonenoone11
4 weeks ago#57
What are you guys even arguing here?

Someone said they hated vikemon as a gomamon mega, so I showed two other megas. Then someone said that those other two megas aren't canon which is wrong and then you guys switched to talking about the anime?

Did I misread? Was the vikemon complainer not talking about gomamons in general and was talking specifically about the anime?

muur
4 weeks ago#58
roboemperor posted...
muur posted...
Dude.

So what is ophanimon falldown mode? Not canon? Despite us all seeing it happen with our own two eyes?

Her evil mega

User Info: Rahjik

Rahjik
4 weeks ago#59
Most Digimon transforms based on their training and needs at the time. They are highly adaptive to different situations.
Official Corviknight Squad.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Clementee

Clementee
4 weeks ago#60
The fact that there is "7" Ruler of hell digimons but only "3" Archangel digimons...I always hope they increases the amount of archangels so it will be 7 v 7
In need of PS4 and money to buy games.
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Complete Edition
  3. What about digimon kinda upsets you?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers