• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Complete Edition
  3. What about digimon kinda upsets you?

User Info: thenagan

thenagan
1 month ago#31
ArjayThePyro posted...
muur posted...
_Candice_ posted...
thenagan posted...
god no... I like the way it is now. I don't want it to be super complicated, I like just being able to grind and get levels that way.

Id rather not waste three teamslots for Platinum Numemons if they can just fix the experience system. Then I can grind in peace with Digimon I actually like.

grinding isnt even really part of the game lol

and uh, PNmon only doubles EXP, so just use 9 USBs, thats still a f*** tonne of EXP. 9USBs and 3 plats is 12 times more EXP, but not like thats much more than 12 times EXP.

That's actually not right. The Plats and USBs don't stack at a flat rate with one another- the Plats stack together, then the USBs multiply the EXP based on the plat-boosted amount. So it's not 12x buff, it's a 40x bonus with three plats and 9 USBs, versus a 10x buff with just the USBs.

And I just tested this to confirm, will happily post the math if you need proof.

still you don't NEED 40x exp. 10x is more than fast enough lol and besides if you're just grinding to fill out the Digipedia or whatever, 'using your favorite' isn't a valid excuse since you are GRINDING. That's like saying "I hate grinding to level up Pikachu when I could be using a Squirtle!" Well then don't grind using that one and switch to the other?
PSN: SmileyGamer13

User Info: vggamercloud

vggamercloud
1 month ago#32
muur posted...
vggamercloud posted...
I know it's a Japanese game and they are all right to left with reading, but it does feel extremely weird for Cyber Sleuth to be on the right and Hacker's Memory to be on the left during the game select and save menus.

has nothing to do with that.

"complete edition" is a made up dub name.

the japanese name is just hackers memory. this port is hackers memory with a enhanced CS as a bonus. "complete edition" doesnt exist in japan

That has nothing to do with what I said.

And if you claim that's true, it's still weird to go through the effort of making it look like a full game in the west and not putting it on the right since it is still the first game. All ported games with more than one I've play run left to right or top to bottom in chronological order.

Complete edition is just a "made up" dub name. But you are comign on with that "I'm A pUrIsT" weeb junk so I don't really need anything from you.

User Info: Cliswp

Cliswp
1 month ago#33
thenagan posted...
ArjayThePyro posted...
muur posted...
_Candice_ posted...
thenagan posted...
god no... I like the way it is now. I don't want it to be super complicated, I like just being able to grind and get levels that way.

Id rather not waste three teamslots for Platinum Numemons if they can just fix the experience system. Then I can grind in peace with Digimon I actually like.

and uh, PNmon only doubles EXP, so just use 9 USBs, thats still a f*** tonne of EXP. 9USBs and 3 plats is 12 times more EXP, but not like thats much more than 12 times EXP.

That's actually not right. The Plats and USBs don't stack at a flat rate with one another- the Plats stack together, then the USBs multiply the EXP based on the plat-boosted amount. So it's not 12x buff, it's a 40x bonus with three plats and 9 USBs, versus a 10x buff with just the USBs.

And I just tested this to confirm, will happily post the math if you need proof.

still you don't NEED 40x exp. 10x is more than fast enough lol and besides if you're just grinding to fill out the Digipedia or whatever, 'using your favorite' isn't a valid excuse since you are GRINDING. That's like saying "I hate grinding to level up Pikachu when I could be using a Squirtle!" Well then don't grind using that one and switch to the other?

I think platnumes are a good way to grind for post game, but really take the fun out of the main story. If you want to use your favorites that's cool, do that, but needing to grind is definitely part of the game, especially for the post game, and the fact that the best way to do this also means you have to look at silver crap the whole time kinda stinks.

User Info: muur

muur
1 month ago#34
vggamercloud posted...
muur posted...
vggamercloud posted...
I know it's a Japanese game and they are all right to left with reading, but it does feel extremely weird for Cyber Sleuth to be on the right and Hacker's Memory to be on the left during the game select and save menus.

has nothing to do with that.

"complete edition" is a made up dub name.

the japanese name is just hackers memory. this port is hackers memory with a enhanced CS as a bonus. "complete edition" doesnt exist in japan

That has nothing to do with what I said.

And if you claim that's true, it's still weird to go through the effort of making it look like a full game in the west and not putting it on the right since it is still the first game. All ported games with more than one I've play run left to right or top to bottom in chronological order.

Complete edition is just a "made up" dub name. But you are comign on with that "I'm A pUrIsT" weeb junk so I don't really need anything from you.

Yeah but Bandai would have to put in effort.

And it's not a claim lol just go to the Japanese website.

User Info: Yamato_san

Yamato_san
1 month ago#35
thenagan posted...
ArjayThePyro posted...
muur posted...
_Candice_ posted...
thenagan posted...

40x certainly helps, though. But I guess if you just wanna grind ABI, it really doesn’t take much to reach a level where you’re able to evolve into something (but then again, a higher level equates to more ABI after evolution/reversion).
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: _Candice_

_Candice_
1 month ago#36
muur posted...

Grinding is barely part of the game when you have Plat Numemons. When you dont its extraordinarily slower.

They are pretty much mandated if you expect to have a decent team of megas before endgame. Even now after reaching Ch 19 in CS I have 10 fully trained Megas Ultras and DNAs to show for it. All I had to do to get it was throw Platinum Junk for 80 hours!

Pokemon for example made you waste a teamslot for HM slaves but they didnt force you to use them for battle. Thats my problem with Digimon, at least let bonus abilities work even if theyre benched. If theres a CS3 or another Digimon Story title Id like to see some QoL changes.

muur
1 month ago#37
not really

I played both games on hard mode, and only used the plats in post game for the pokedex really

theyre only needed if youre impatient

User Info: someonenoone11

someonenoone11
1 month ago#38
According to all star rumble, Gomamon's mega is Plesiomon and Aegisdramon.

muur
1 month ago#39
someonenoone11 posted...
According to all star rumble, Gomamon's mega is Plesiomon and Aegisdramon.

Games don't superceade the Anime itself

User Info: Rahjik

Rahjik
1 month ago#40
muur posted...
Games don't superceade the Anime itself
Vikemon is Canon.
Official Corviknight Squad.
  1. Boards
  2. Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Complete Edition
  3. What about digimon kinda upsets you?
  • Post New Message