• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them

User Info: BeyondLegend

BeyondLegend
3 months ago#1
When CS first came out in the west, I vague recall there were some translation issues with the English script.

Were those ever fixed/improved?

User Info: Ku-Ri-Boh

Ku-Ri-Boh
3 months ago#2
Game is not f***ing out yet.
I know what your name stands for dude. SexyDragonTidal. You furries... or whatever you guys call yourself... you guys make me sick and have made me afraid to se

User Info: muur

muur
3 months ago#3
they never fixed anything is that's what you mean.

the sequel even included a few bakemon errors

User Info: BeyondLegend

BeyondLegend
3 months ago#4
muur posted...
they never fixed anything is that's what you mean.

the sequel even included a few bakemon errors

Unfortunate.

User Info: LordRattergun

LordRattergun
3 months ago#5
The translation was amazing. It was faithful to the original script and had respect for the players.

Would you prefer they just turned the game into a giant meme in the English version like Dragon Quest does?
Rattergun, you are truly a hero for our times. - Recoome_is_god
http://i.imgur.com/dUNdc.jpg

User Info: Overlord_Meril

Overlord_Meril
3 months ago#6
Dragon Quest oozes charm thanks to the localisation work. I'd call that amazing.

Kyoko and a handful of the other characters talk like robots. And then you have Jimiken and what's her name who have actual personality. It's a mixed bag. But on the whole, their translation is boring, to the point I'm just skipping through Kyoko's and the other robot’s dialogues.

User Info: LordRattergun

LordRattergun
3 months ago#7
So having normal, human conversations is "talking like robots"?

I'm sorry, but your brain has turned to mush from watching too many Hollywood movies. People don't just make "witty" retorts to each other every time they speak. Sometimes information actually has to be conveyed. It's okay to go a whole sentence without a joke or exaggerated accent to "spice up" the dlalogue.
Rattergun, you are truly a hero for our times. - Recoome_is_god
http://i.imgur.com/dUNdc.jpg

muur
3 months ago#8
hes prob used to the animes dub where they tell jokes every 17 seconds.

User Info: Overlord_Meril

Overlord_Meril
3 months ago#9
Actually, it's Kyoko's dumb jokes delivered like a robot is saying them that are super awful. Her dialogue has no personality, she's just a shell puking exposition. I find her and the characters who talk exactly like her, horrifically boring. If y'all can get behind an emotionless robot, good for you. I don't have to put up with it, and I don't.

muur
3 months ago#10
Overlord_Meril posted...
Actually, it's Kyoko's dumb jokes delivered like a robot is saying them that are super awful. Her dialogue has no personality, she's just a shell puking exposition. I find her and the characters who talk exactly like her, horrifically boring. If y'all can get behind an emotionless robot, good for you. I don't have to put up with it, and I don't.

that has nothing to do with translation when its the same in Japanese dude

also there's a storyline reason she takls like a robot...

shes a digimon
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers