• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Will there be English dub?
Hope not, actually.

User Info: Guitarman15

Guitarman15
1 month ago#12
All the dub haters can buzz off. It's not like if they included a dub, your precious original voices would be removed. It's an additional feature for fans that hate reading and like hearing English better. Regardless it'll never ever happen

DaimaoTakahashi posted...
Not really up to Funimation. More up to Koei to dub or at least try to hire Funimation Actors.

That's fair, but Funimation also has the option to turn them down, which I assume they would do anyway, since they're so busy keeping up with Simuldub schedule
"If the endless dream guides your restless spirit - Seize it!
Raise your flag and stand tall!" - Gol D Roger
(edited 1 month ago)
Guitarman15 posted...
All the dub haters can buzz off. It's not like if they included a dub, your precious original voices would be removed. It's an additional feature for fans that hate reading and like hearing English better. Regardless it'll never ever happen

Not really up to Funimation. More up to Koei to dub or at least try to hire Funimation Actors.

That's fair, but Funimation also has the option to turn them down, which I assume they would do anyway, since they're so busy keeping up with Simuldub schedule

IIRC somebody years ago asked them why they didn't Dub Pirate Warriors and Chris Sabat (I think) essentially said they would have been thrilled to do it but it was up to Koei, who never bothered to hire them.
"I was never expecting to die on a bed. I'm a cowboy. All I wanted was a place to come home to... just a place to return to after my journeys..."

User Info: Gmaster32

Gmaster32
1 month ago#14
Japanese voices are far superior in all modern anime

User Info: DeeeFoo

DeeeFoo
1 month ago#15
I think in this case it's up to Bandai, since they're the producers/publishers of the game. I'm assuming that means they're covering all the costs, which includes dubbing.

User Info: Aegiros

Aegiros
1 month ago#16
One of the underlying issues is likely the budget. They likely would prefer to use that extra money to make the gameplay better than use it on dubs which only a small set of fans would use. Remember that One Piece is popular all over the world and native English speakers are only a portion of the overall fan base. Of that subset many English speakers prefer the Japanese voices. So they are likely weighing pros and cons. This is just my perspective though.

User Info: RPGNoZero

RPGNoZero
1 month ago#17
No
Xehanort's guardian is the will of Kairi's grandma. It will absorb Xehanort and become Kairi's grandma, the final villain!!!

User Info: LordRattergun

LordRattergun
1 month ago#18
One of the reasons why One Piece will never be popular in America is the stubborn refusal to actually dub it.
Rattergun, you are truly a hero for our times. - Recoome_is_god
http://i.imgur.com/dUNdc.jpg
LordRattergun posted...
One of the reasons why One Piece will never be popular in America is the stubborn refusal to actually dub it.

The Show had a dub for years in the States. 4Kids and Toei goobered the first attempt, and Funimation started dubbing it around 2006-2007 iirc (Whenever Toonami "died") but mostly stuck to DVD releases once Toonami died. Now that Toonami kicked it off air (I guess because it had low ratings), it is back to just DVD/Blu-Ray Releases now with them doing I think the Fishman Island arc.

What kills it in the states is that people deem it too long, which is fair given there is now nearly 900 episodes, and there is the crowd that considers it to be too "goofy".
"I was never expecting to die on a bed. I'm a cowboy. All I wanted was a place to come home to... just a place to return to after my journeys..."
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: BigNasX

BigNasX
1 month ago#20
Doubt it. None of the PW games had dubs
Can't nobody tell me nothing
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Will there be English dub?
  • Post New Message