• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Characters being removed acceptable or not? And which would you remove?

User Info: Aegiros

Aegiros
1 month ago#41
Veku posted...
One Piece is one of the biggest franchises in the entire world ( It's among the top 20 or 30 iirc) and they already have a lot of assets available, graphic has not changed much etc, they really don't have to make the game from the stretch and yet we as customers, the ones allowing the series to continue cause we bought millions of copies of their previous games should show understanding? We are talking about removing content which has been included already in previous games, for the sake of story telling in musou game with different modes available anyway...
As a software developer myself I can tell you that devs are some of the most overworked people. The video game industry is particularly brutal. So yeah, you should cut them a little slack. Between budgets and timelines they can’t do everything without pushing the release date back. So to stay on schedule and under budget they need to remove some things. Sure they have all of the assets but they also need time to recreate each level. Why not just wait and see what they ultimately cut before passing judgement on them?

User Info: Veku

Veku
1 month ago#42
Aegiros posted...
Veku posted...
One Piece is one of the biggest franchises in the entire world ( It's among the top 20 or 30 iirc) and they already have a lot of assets available, graphic has not changed much etc, they really don't have to make the game from the stretch and yet we as customers, the ones allowing the series to continue cause we bought millions of copies of their previous games should show understanding? We are talking about removing content which has been included already in previous games, for the sake of story telling in musou game with different modes available anyway...
As a software developer myself I can tell you that devs are some of the most overworked people. The video game industry is particularly brutal. So yeah, you should cut them a little slack. Between budgets and timelines they can’t do everything without pushing the release date back. So to stay on schedule and under budget they need to remove some things. Sure they have all of the assets but they also need time to recreate each level. Why not just wait and see what they ultimately cut before passing judgement on them?

I do understand that, but neither do I nor you or anyone else know the exact budget available and schedule, so just in theory, I think they should have the means to do better for the reasons I've mentioned. Perhaps Namco Bandai is the issue, perhaps something else, but at the end what matters to me as customer who is going to pay money for that, is the content I'll get. And I personally prefer to critisize them for their mistakes, cause that actually helps at least us customers if enough people do that (Just take a look at games as No Man's Sky, or Fallout 76), unlike blindy accepting anything that they are dilvering to us, buying them and making the companies behind it even richer by doing so.Also Don't get me wrong, I wish the devs to have better working conditions, but that's up the companies or worst case has to solved by protest, or by going to court.. At least that's how I view it.

As for waiting before judging, I do agree, I just speak from experience, since I followed the process of countless anime games over the years, with content being hold back on purpose, contradicting statements about content being implemented, anime games taking a step or two back from previous games (looking at you Dragonball franchise...) etc, thus I tend to do that.

User Info: Furryyiffer

Furryyiffer
1 month ago#43
Honestly at this point I see no reason to believe characters being removed is even referring to playable characters in the first place.
Bayonetta trilogy coming to Switch. Let the hype consume you

Aegiros
1 month ago#44
Veku posted...
I do understand that, but neither do I nor you or anyone else know the exact budget available and schedule, so just in theory, I think they should have the means to do better for the reasons I've mentioned. Perhaps Namco Bandai is the issue, perhaps something else, but at the end what matters to me as customer who is going to pay money for that, is the content I'll get. And I personally prefer to critisize them for their mistakes, cause that actually helps at least us customers if enough people do that (Just take a look at games as No Man's Sky, or Fallout 76), unlike blindy accepting anything that they are dilvering to us, buying them and making the companies behind it even richer by doing so.Also Don't get me wrong, I wish the devs to have better working conditions, but that's up the companies or worst case has to solved by protest, or by going to court.. At least that's how I view it.

As for waiting before judging, I do agree, I just speak from experience, since I followed the process of countless anime games over the years, with content being hold back on purpose, contradicting statements about content being implemented, anime games taking a step or two back from previous games (looking at you Dragonball franchise...) etc, thus I tend to do that.
I respect your stance which brings me back to my first post: vote with your wallet if it’s worth it or not and give feedback even if you don’t buy it. Ultimately you can’t change their creative vision for the game so that’s all you can really do.

User Info: hanfoi

hanfoi
1 month ago#45
Furryyiffer posted...
Honestly at this point I see no reason to believe characters being removed is even referring to playable characters in the first place.

unfortunately that's what was written in the official Famitsu interview,it's a fact now not your point of view

We have to wish that the removed characters don't hurt the gameplay or the storymode much.

It's a bad thing,and it's difficult to believe that after the success of PW3 they are removing some of the characters/probably arcs

But it might make sense if you know that in the same interview they said that "Pirate warriors 3 is still selling" so probably they want you to own both games, PW3 and PW4,thus removing a couple of arcs/characters. Like Naruto Ultimate ninja storm series didn't return every arc from the previous installments of the game, instead they released a "Legacy" version of the game. Possibly we will get Pirate warriors "Ultimate Trilogy" that covers PW1~PW4 with everyone in it
Official Akai Shuichi of the Xenoverse 2 forum

User Info: EustassDKid

EustassDKid
1 month ago#46
Hopefully the cut characters gets back in future installments.
(edited 1 month ago)

EustassDKid
1 month ago#47
I dont care if its weird or makes no sense, just cut all the pre timeskip strawhats and put the timeskip strawhats in the pre time skip arcs instead.
the pre time skip strawhats played bad, like really bad. they got the same moveset as they did in pw1 and it didnt fit the new gameply in pw2 and pw3, and instead of putting resources into them in pw4, just cut them and put the resources in new characters instead, best case they can limit some of their full bursts in pretime skip and just have pre time skip costumes for them instead, I know it would be weird with Frankys change of appearance and choppers forms, but whatever.

as for other characters... yeah, I think Enel, Moria, Kuma, Magellan and maybe Garp, Ivankov and Perona will get cut, with maybe Moria and Kuma appearing as non playable giant bosses instead.

Maybe some of the cut characters could make a comeback in dlc or a definitive edition like orochi warriors 4 DE, or hopefully they will release pw5 not too long after where they will rework the arcs/characters that got cut in pw4.

hopefully the reason they cut some arcs and characters is because they put a lot of extra effort into the arcs that actually made it, so they decided to cut the arcs that they didnt have enough time to rework and save them for the future.

The wci and wano stages looks quite good imo, but including four vinsmokes and cutting older characters doesnt make it for me, they better introduce some more new playable characters and new arcs and reworked arcs if its going to be worth it imo, which I believe they will.

User Info: hanfoi

hanfoi
1 month ago#48
To those smartasses claiming they understand how s*** goes on in gaming industry.This is not the first or last Warriors game made by koei tecmo and omega force
They make and release at least 3 new titles every year, all developped by the same omega force studios and all these titles got better treatment than pirate warriors 4.

This is the first time they do cut off characters in the history of Musou games, the only incident where they cut off some characters was in Warriors orochi 4 where they cut some "Guest" characters from Warriors orochi 3. And after all the roster of warriors orochi 4 had 170 characters and they all got remastered fromt he previous game.I know that WO borrows characters from other franchises, but they did include some characters from the PS2 era, so it was impossible for them to reuse assets from the PS2 games.So they made all from scratch. And guess what? they didn't cut any major characters from WO3 or even 2 or 1.

It's all but a stupid decision of Bandai Namco, and idiots like you who keep saying "i will accept it and buy the game no matter what,the game looks good and wano and WCI are enough for me" usually make Bandai keep making even worse games.You guys didn't show any rant after Burning Blood or World seeker gave us several Ls in them. Bandai Namco should lose money and should be ranted when they make a bad game like burning blood,World seeker and possibly Pirate warriors 4, and should be praised if they make good games like Xenoverse and Kakarot.

A downgrade is a downgrade no matter what, and we didn't really ask for 1 extra combo for each character so they had no time to finish remastering everyone from the previous game so instead of putting them as they are,they just cut them off.And i am pretty sure these characters will not be cut off because of time/budget limitations, just because Bandai Namco is too greedy and think they can resell them again via DLC or even keep them for the next one piece game to surpass the characters in PW4.

PW4 will not sell well if they keep going on cutting off content from the previous games, and Wano,marineford,dressrosa and Whole cake island are not enough and will only take you 2 or 3 hours to finish the story mode completely if the case of cutting off arcs along with characters turns out to be true.

Finally this is the 2nd time bandai repeats the same mistake, cutting off favorite characters that fans wanted in the base game, like in Burning blood they didn't put magellan,caesar clown,rob lucci or garp in the roster, and that was a big disappointment for fans.Instead they just put koala,Mr.2 and X Drake who were totally irrelevant in 2016.The other repeated mistake here is cutting off arcs, so that casuals will not be able to understand what is going on in one piece. Marketing the game with just marine ford in burning blood is similar to marketing PW4 with just wano and whole cake island,as if casuals understand what these 2 arcs are or who are the straw hats.They will most likely cut off pre-timeskip arcs as some idiots here ask, and guess what, this will threaten the success of the game because pretimeskip answers TONS of questions for casuals.

you guys need to upgrade your standards of expectations , Anime games are not supposed to be AAA budget, but they are not supposed to be D budget either.Koei tecmo games usually have more budget than this,although Koei and Bandai are almost the same size and own the same amount of business in gaming industry
Official Akai Shuichi of the Xenoverse 2 forum
(edited 1 month ago)

Aegiros
1 month ago#49
Says the smart*** that likely doesn’t know anything about software development, project management, budgets, and consulting (basically what KT is doing right now). I’m not saying they aren’t cutting characters to sell them in the next game, but I’m also saying that KT isn’t going to eat the cost if Bandai doesn’t pay them to do more work. Whatever talks happen behind closed doors are not available to us. So stop pulling information out of your *** like you know everything about game development, business and marketing strategies to mislead others. People can vote with their wallet if they want to buy the game and you can do the same. Entitled gamers like you are everything that’s wrong with this toxic industry these days.

Secondly KT owns DW and WO so if they don’t want to cut characters then they can allocate more resources to remedy that.

EustassDKid
1 month ago#50
Hanfoi, why do you send me abusive pms, blocking me and then addressing what I wrote about Wo4 without giving me a chance to see what youre even writing and reply because im blocked, is this a way for you to make lurkers think you're winning an argument or what?
you are the most pathetic person I ever seen in the one piece communities.
(edited 1 month ago)
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Characters being removed acceptable or not? And which would you remove?
  • Post New Message