• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Characters being removed acceptable or not? And which would you remove?

User Info: kazesan

kazesan
4 weeks ago#31
I mean regardless of what they said you have to factor in popularity, moveset, and importance to the story if they are deciding who to cut or not. Also with Wano being an original story they could basically put in any character they want unless they are dead.

Moriah is a hard character to make work he is just by design big and slow and his moveset in PW3 wasn't very fun. Plus thriller bark was a bigger focus in PW2 and PW3 they may feel the need to not include it this time around so maybe they even cut out Perona as well since they are adding other popular females like Reiju and Carrot.

Magellan isn't popular at all he never ranked in any popularity poll and he is also another character that is kind of big and clumsy. Plus his moveset wasn't even fully complete in 3 since he was lacking major moves like venom demon. I could see them making his into a boss with the demon form if he makes it in at all.

Garp doesn't play big enough into the story and I don't know how a grappler type character would fit with the new combat system. Seems like they removed all of Luffy's grab moves so they may move away from characters like Garp.

Also Ivankov is important but if they are cutting Impel down I could see them just making them NPC only for marineford or maybe adding in later as a DLC.

I can't see them removing more than 5 or so characters and I'm hoping they add 10-15 new ones as well. Also if it comes down to it I would want to see DLC for characters even if they are not part of the story. Have a fan vote like Burning Blood and let people decide who gets in.

User Info: LordRattergun

LordRattergun
4 weeks ago#32
Ivankov and Tashigi are the only ones that really come off as expendable.

Removing the pre-timeskip Straw Hats sounds good until you realise that means current Franky in Water Seven. No one wants that.
Rattergun, you are truly a hero for our times. - Recoome_is_god
http://i.imgur.com/dUNdc.jpg

User Info: NassaDane

NassaDane
4 weeks ago#33
Boy this topic really derailed.

Mihawk
Buggy
Smoker
Boa

From bad to worst.
"Ignorance is Bliss"
Aegiros posted...
Nobody knows the specifics. In fact a newsletter went out that displayed BM as playable so until Bandai says otherwise, there should be no reason to believe she won’t be playable in some form. She’s actually not much bigger than Moriah and Kuma in the scheme of things so it wouldn’t be an issue to scale her correctly.

That's reassuring. Thanks.

User Info: Aegiros

Aegiros
4 weeks ago#35
WhydidiExplode2 posted...
That's reassuring. Thanks.
No problem. There’s been a lot of assumptions and bad information going around that isn’t official. I think BM was actually confirmed in that one large interview but she will have a stipulation. Maybe it’s her own mode like Dark Beast Ganon mode or she won’t be available in story mode but will be in dream log for instance. Either way there’s no need to freak out until we get more info.

User Info: Xero Kaiser

Xero Kaiser
4 weeks ago#36
Depends, if they're redoing or adding a bunch of new stuff to existing characters, it's understandable. Devs only have so much time/money to go around. I think people forget that.

User Info: Absalom_sama

Absalom_sama
4 weeks ago#37
Fou Lu posted...
Absalom_sama posted...
Why remove characters to begin with. It wont harm the game if there are more characters, everyone has their own favourite, why do they want to prevent us from that.

Because some of the characters shouldn't have fans. How can you like a character that hasn't appeared for over 10-15 years?

Removing characters is fine. Start liking more popular characters instead of the bad ones. Straw Hats, Law, Sabo, major villains, no character past 20 or 30 in the popularity polls should even be in the game. Ace and Whitebeard should be permanently removed and never return. All the large slow characters should be removed for 4. They aren't fun to play as since they're too damn slow.

Edit: Oh god, I just saw your name. Yeah, you're definitely one of those people who like the minor characters.

Loooooool chill dude that name is just a troll. I kinda agree on some points you made, but at the same time you are in no position to decide what people like and dislike based on your sole opinion. I am just saying that keeping those characters and adding more won’t harm anyone including you cuz you aren’t really forced to play as those you don’t like.

User Info: Aegiros

Aegiros
4 weeks ago#38
Absalom_sama posted...
Loooooool chill dude that name is just a troll. I kinda agree on some points you made, but at the same time you are in no position to decide what people like and dislike based on your sole opinion. I am just saying that keeping those characters and adding more won’t harm anyone including you cuz you aren’t really forced to play as those you don’t like.
I honestly wasn’t sure if he was being sarcastic or not but some of the most memorable characters were introduced years ago. I’ve also never heard of anyone say remove Ace and Whitebeard. Then again maybe I’m just an old fan that’s been with the series for a long time so these characters have a special place in my heart.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Absalom_sama

Absalom_sama
4 weeks ago#39
Aegiros posted...
Absalom_sama posted...
I honestly wasn’t sure if he was being sarcastic or not but some of the most memorable characters were introduced years ago. I’ve also never heard of anyone say remove Ace and Whitebeard. Then again maybe I’m just an old fan that’s been with the series for a long time so these characters have a special place in my heart.

Then i would say that we are in the same boat together here.

User Info: Veku

Veku
4 weeks ago#40
Xero Kaiser posted...
Depends, if they're redoing or adding a bunch of new stuff to existing characters, it's understandable. Devs only have so much time/money to go around. I think people forget that.

One Piece is one of the biggest franchises in the entire world ( It's among the top 20 or 30 iirc) and they already have a lot of assets available, graphic has not changed much etc, they really don't have to make the game from the stretch and yet we as customers, the ones allowing the series to continue cause we bought millions of copies of their previous games should show understanding? We are talking about removing content which has been included already in previous games, for the sake of story telling in musou game with different modes available anyway...
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Characters being removed acceptable or not? And which would you remove?
  • Post New Message