• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Characters being removed acceptable or not? And which would you remove?

User Info: Fou Lu

Fou Lu
4 weeks ago#21
Absalom_sama posted...
Why remove characters to begin with. It wont harm the game if there are more characters, everyone has their own favourite, why do they want to prevent us from that.

Because some of the characters shouldn't have fans. How can you like a character that hasn't appeared for over 10-15 years?

Removing characters is fine. Start liking more popular characters instead of the bad ones. Straw Hats, Law, Sabo, major villains, no character past 20 or 30 in the popularity polls should even be in the game. Ace and Whitebeard should be permanently removed and never return. All the large slow characters should be removed for 4. They aren't fun to play as since they're too damn slow.

Edit: Oh god, I just saw your name. Yeah, you're definitely one of those people who like the minor characters.
I smolder with generic rage.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: GOATSIE

GOATSIE
4 weeks ago#22
Fou Lu posted...
Absalom_sama posted...
Why remove characters to begin with. It wont harm the game if there are more characters, everyone has their own favourite, why do they want to prevent us from that.

Because some of the characters shouldn't have fans. How can you like a character that hasn't appeared for over 10-15 years?

Removing characters is fine. Start liking more popular characters instead of the bad ones. Straw Hats, Law, Sabo, major villains, no character past 20 or 30 in the popularity polls should even be in the game. Ace and Whitebeard should be permanently removed and never return. All the large slow characters should be removed for 4. They aren't fun to play as since they're too damn slow.

Edit: Oh god, I just saw your name. Yeah, you're definitely one of those people who like the minor characters.

LoL

User Info: Veku

Veku
4 weeks ago#23
GOATSIE posted...
Fou Lu posted...
Absalom_sama posted...

LoL

Lol

User Info: Gmaster32

Gmaster32
4 weeks ago#24
I remember reading something about Akainu being the most difficult to make in PW3. Wonder if it is impossible this time around.
I don't think any characters should be removed, even NPCs.

I don't see why they feel the need to remove older arcs either. TBH all I wanted from this game is more characters, more costumes and more stages. I never wanted them to revamp the combat system or add giant bosses. I know it sounds counterintuitive to say, but prioritizing gameplay changes in a Musou game is pretty pointless because it'll never be anything past "decent" anyway. We know these games are built to be mediocre, so they should focus on the aspects we're playing Pirate Warriors for- One Piece fanservice.

Weird thing is I loved the individuality of characters in the first PW and how bosses FELT like bosses. It felt more like a standard game rather than another Musou game. So I can see the want to return or improve

But getting rid of Whitebeard for a jump button is not acceptable.

I would much rather have playable Big Mom over Ichiji, Niji, Yonji, Reiju, AND Carrot. Heck, I would rather have Moriah returning over the lot of the Germa boys

I don't see the point in making the first ever OP game to include all four Yonkou (or 5... or 6 as it were) if we can't play as them because they're "too big," despite past games clearly telling us that is not the case.

If it's because they're can't jump, that's nonsense. They can, but even if not just make them play differently to suit the fact that they are different. Giant enemies worked fine in Gundam 4, should be fine here

In any case, I don't believe any character, playable or otherwise, should be taken out. I know a lot wouldn't mind if Shells Town or Jaya got scrapped, but to me their additions are what made PW3 a worthy entry to the franchise. I don't want the progress the series has made in being the "ultimate OP fans' game" to be sacrificed to become a middling OP game
So it's confirmed that Big Mom and Kaido aren't playable?

That's disappointing. They don't have to be 'giant' to be playable characters. Just make them the size of Whitebeard and Moriah. That's plenty big.

User Info: Aegiros

Aegiros
4 weeks ago#27
Sorry for the Star Wars reference but you’re basically asking them to double their efforts when you want everything from 3 to return. They have to recreate all of the previous stages in addition to the new ones. Then add more characters/npcs to make the old levels worthwhile to replay and to flesh out the stuff added since 3. Based on their budget(whatever it may be) it would be prudent to fit what you can into the game and scrap the non-essential stuff.

Again, we don’t know whom they are removing. In no way can we deduce that it’s giant characters like Moriah, who already has a wonderful bat spin move for arial attacks btw. In fact I think every “giant” character in PW3 left the ground in at least one combo. Removed characters are likely due to story constraints.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

Aegiros
4 weeks ago#28
WhydidiExplode2 posted...
So it's confirmed that Big Mom and Kaido aren't playable?

That's disappointing. They don't have to be 'giant' to be playable characters. Just make them the size of Whitebeard and Moriah. That's plenty big.
Nobody knows the specifics. In fact a newsletter went out that displayed BM as playable so until Bandai says otherwise, there should be no reason to believe she won’t be playable in some form. She’s actually not much bigger than Moriah and Kuma in the scheme of things so it wouldn’t be an issue to scale her correctly.
They don't need to make everything from scratch. They have the assets on modern consoles already, it's not like the graphics from this game are a massive leap or anything

The only changes are the ones nobody asked for.

Edit: I should also specify that I'm not necessarily subscribing to the idea that Magellan is DEFINITELY out or that Big Mom & Kaido won't be playable, I'm just going on the supposition that they might not be and why I'm not okay with it
(edited 4 weeks ago)

Aegiros
4 weeks ago#30
With little creativity it would be easy for them to add combos to Logia users like Moriah and Magellan. I don’t think it’s problems with jumping. However if neither are playable then I would be irked but ultimately wouldn’t care. I agree that the changes were unnecessary, they didn’t need to have everyone fight in the air, only the smaller characters.
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Characters being removed acceptable or not? And which would you remove?
  • Post New Message