• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Characters being removed acceptable or not? And which would you remove?

User Info: Veku

Veku
1 month ago#11
Aegiros posted...
It was sarcasm. He spreads so much misinformation by presenting his feelings as facts like he’s a psychic and then tells others not to spread misinformation like he’s policing the board. I’m honestly surprised people listen to him.

I don’t doubt we’ll lose some characters but I don’t think they are going to butcher the story. We’ll likely only lose the arcs like Jaya and some Easy Blue stuff.

I agree with you about him spreading misinformation like Magellan not being playable, or Drake being confirmed to be playable, but the source he referred to regarding removing characters, does seem credible... https://twitter.com/ShonenGameZ/status/1172310999468167168
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Aegiros

Aegiros
1 month ago#12
Veku posted...
I agree with you about him spreading misinformation like Magellan not being playable, or Drake being confirmed to be playable, but The source he referred to regarding removing characters, does seem credible... https://twitter.com/ShonenGameZ/status/1172310999468167168
Don’t get me wrong, he does give good information and is usually the first to post on new information, but he also inserts his own opinions and presents it as facts. It goes further back than just that misunderstanding. Don’t get me started on those stupid “I called it” posts where he construed the information in his favor without knowing any business logic behind any decisions made during the development process.

As for that link, the account holder translated it but the quote is still vague. We may only lose a few playable characters but a ton of npcs for instance.

User Info: hanfoi

hanfoi
1 month ago#13
Ambrose69UYA posted...
Removing characters is unfortunately s***ty. If we get a bunch of new ones that are an absolute blast and the old characters are revamped to be fun, I don't mind. As for characters being removed these are who I don't mind get removed:

Ivankov - Big clunky, and just not a fun character IMO
Garp - Never found his moveset fun at all.
Perona - Same thing as Garp, just wasnt fun for me

i disagree here, most of the other movesets were too slow or made no sense,for instance shanks was too slow and too weak in the game to be a "yonko" but we hopefully will get him remastered

I personally changed my mind about Kuzan after they made his animations faster and smoother even tho they used 90% of the combos from the previous game
Official Akai Shuichi of the Xenoverse 2 forum
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: hanfoi

hanfoi
1 month ago#14
Boreale posted...
I thought Big Mom was confirmed playable in that official mail from BN?

Wait for official scans or official words from the producer ,an email can just be mistaken in the words used to describe these characters

maybe they meant to say "these are the new characters introduced in the game" so the word playable might have been mistakenly left there
Official Akai Shuichi of the Xenoverse 2 forum

User Info: Karma21

Karma21
1 month ago#15
I think it's not acceptable. It's just dumb. But i wouldn't care if they removed garp, perona, moriah and ivankov because they're not fun characters
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: BhevHD

BhevHD
1 month ago#16
Honestly I forgot Perona was even in the game until you mentioned her lmao.
Perona's ghost gimmick was alright.

As far as characters I won't miss if there are cuts:

Caesar
Kuma
Magellan
Ivankov

Just never got into these characters in the PW series.

User Info: Absalom_sama

Absalom_sama
1 month ago#18
Why remove characters to begin with. It wont harm the game if there are more characters, everyone has their own favourite, why do they want to prevent us from that.

User Info: Boreale

Boreale
1 month ago#19
They can remove Magellan, Moria, Garp, Kuma, Ivankov if they want, just want them to keep Tashigi and Perona.

User Info: SOGESNAKE

SOGESNAKE
1 month ago#20
I’m fine is some characters need to be taken out.

Honestly too, I was thinking we don’t really need the pre-time skip Strawhats either, cause honestly who uses them after you unlock post-time skip versions? I get we need them if they are going to cover the pre-time skip sotry, but eventually I feel like one of these games is going to have to focus more on post-time skip and dump everything before it.
PSN: SOGESNAKE
Switch: SW-2898-3291-1019
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Characters being removed acceptable or not? And which would you remove?
  • Post New Message