• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Characters being removed acceptable or not? And which would you remove?

User Info: Veku

Veku
4 weeks ago#1
It may not be a game- breaker (we'll see), but in my opinion cutting of characters, one of the main features of musou games, especially with the reasoning being that characters were chosen with the notion that they place along the episodes to strengthen the story retelling, is simply stupid, especially when keeping in mind that Story mode won't be te only mode available anyway...Expectations have already been kept low by most people, from what I could gather, 10 new characters has been the consensus and now considering it was apparently said that the roster will have over 40 characters, we me might get more than 10, at least on the first sight, but it will be for the cost of removing other characters and that's actually worse than only getting 10 characters for me. For example, imagine the Vinsmokes being added, but some of the past main villains with a diverse moveset being removed....

However, the only characters I personally wouldn't mind or are acceptable to be removed due lack of story relevance, or moveset potential, are Perona and perhaps Tashigi (I know a lot of you liked her moveset, but ignoring the story relevance, I view her as generic swordsman, Zoro, Mihawk and now plenty characters in Wano and Whole Cake, even including Kinemon have more intresting moves to offer...

Anyone else is or has been way too important in the past to be removed.

User Info: Ambrose69UYA

Ambrose69UYA
4 weeks ago#2
Removing characters is unfortunately s***ty. If we get a bunch of new ones that are an absolute blast and the old characters are revamped to be fun, I don't mind. As for characters being removed these are who I don't mind get removed:

Ivankov - Big clunky, and just not a fun character IMO
Garp - Never found his moveset fun at all.
Perona - Same thing as Garp, just wasnt fun for me
PSN: Ambrose_69
3DS FC - 4527 7419 6205

User Info: Aegiros

Aegiros
4 weeks ago#3
Personally, acceptable or not, I believe you should always vote with your wallet and tell them why you won’t be buying the game using feedback.

On topic I don’t think they can remove most of the arcs without negatively affecting the game. You can sum up most of the East Blue stuff using dialogue and keep Baratie and Arlong Park. Then on the grand line maybe keep Drum Island and W7, but definitely keep Alabasta, Skypeia, Enies Lobby, Thriller Bark, Saobondy, Impel Down, and Marineford. Then TS maybe do a return to Saobondy, but definitely keep Fishman Island, Punkhazard, Dressrosa, maybe implement Zou, and of course WCI and Wano. Then fill in the rest with dialogue summaries. This will keep most of the major characters and mostly trim npcs and drop a few playable characters like Perona.

The notion that they’re removing giant characters is a theory around here but I think it’s nonsense since large characters like Moriah and Magellan have jumping type attacks in PW3.

User Info: Boreale

Boreale
4 weeks ago#4
I'm fine with it, I'm not going to cry over it

User Info: Guitarman15

Guitarman15
4 weeks ago#5
I still don't believe the cut characters thing. I think hanfoi is making a big stink about someone else's predictions in that article. There's no official word, so I don't believe it
"If the endless dream guides your restless spirit - Seize it!
Raise your flag and stand tall!" - Gol D Roger

User Info: Ambrose69UYA

Ambrose69UYA
4 weeks ago#6
Guitarman15 posted...
I still don't believe the cut characters thing. I think hanfoi is making a big stink about someone else's predictions in that article. There's no official word, so I don't believe it

Also, did you know Big Mom, Kaido, Moria, Whitebeard are too big to be playable in this game!/S
PSN: Ambrose_69
3DS FC - 4527 7419 6205

User Info: Boreale

Boreale
4 weeks ago#7
I thought Big Mom was confirmed playable in that official mail from BN?

User Info: Aegiros

Aegiros
4 weeks ago#8
It was sarcasm. He spreads so much misinformation by presenting his feelings as facts like he’s a psychic and then tells others not to spread misinformation like he’s policing the board. I’m honestly surprised people listen to him.

I don’t doubt we’ll lose some characters but I don’t think they are going to butcher the story. We’ll likely only lose the arcs like Jaya and some Easy Blue stuff.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: WaluigitheGreat

WaluigitheGreat
4 weeks ago#9
Removing playable characters will never be acceptable. If Koei removes even 1 character from Pirate Warriors 3 (it doesn't matter who it is), I will not be buying this game.
Lets make Waluigi playable in Smash Bros Ultimate!
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-add-waluigi-to-smash-bros-switch

User Info: Gojjira

Gojjira
4 weeks ago#10
Well sucks for you lol
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Characters being removed acceptable or not? And which would you remove?
  • Post New Message