• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Roster Wishlist after sacrificing some characters from PW3 roster

User Info: Onepieceguy514

Onepieceguy514
4 weeks ago#71
Sazz posted...
Onepieceguy514 posted...
Got the source for that info? Otherwise, I'm sticking with the belief that the story will start all the way at the Romance Dawn arc.

Here on minute 24:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKWXOulH078

Huh. Guess we are starting off in Alabasta, though considering Orange Town, Baratie and Cocoyashi Village has been in the game series since the first game, I don't see why they have to be cut. Could just start the game at Orange Town but that's just what I think.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Absalom_sama

Absalom_sama
4 weeks ago#72
After seeing snake man in world seeker, i’m starting to worry that it might be a special attack just like the disappointing sulong form in the demo that was shown. I really hope i’m wrong about it.

User Info: EustassDKid

EustassDKid
4 weeks ago#73
Same, hopefully not though.

now when I think about, gear 4 is almost like a complete new character.

User Info: Veku

Veku
4 weeks ago#74
Absalom_sama posted...
After seeing snake man in world seeker, i’m starting to worry that it might be a special attack just like the disappointing sulong form in the demo that was shown. I really hope i’m wrong about it.

Well, Unlike Sulong, Snakeman actually has shown a actual moveset, that's probably the reason they have not used her Sulong as Full Burst, even though in my opinion, it would've been enough to make her even faster and more nimble in worst case...

However I noticed that in the Wano demo, Luffy has not gone into G4 while he used his full burst, it was triggered at a certain point like in the Whole Cake Demo, also it seems like we are going to be able to change the R1 specials, so maybe Carrots Sulong has still a chance to be her full burst, let alone Snakeman.

User Info: Absalom_sama

Absalom_sama
4 weeks ago#75
Veku posted...
Absalom_sama posted...

Well, Unlike Sulong, Snakeman actually has shown a actual moveset, that's probably the reason they have not used her Sulong as Full Burst, even though in my opinion, it would've been enough to make her even faster and more nimble in worst case...

However I noticed that in the Wano demo, Luffy has not gone into G4 while he used his full burst, it was triggered at a certain point like in the Whole Cake Demo, also it seems like we are going to be able to change the R1 specials, so maybe Carrots Sulong has still a chance to be her full burst, let alone Snakeman.

Fingers crossed for that. It’s just that i want a good one piece game after bb and world seeker. I also hope that we can change or upgrade carrot’s sulong form to the point where we can control her.
I'm gonna separate this into a few different sections. First I'll list out whose already confirmed. Then I'll go through each character from the original and separate them based on who is a shoe-in, on the bubble or at risk. Finally, I'll include some I'd like and some I think are likely.

Section 1
So, who is confirmed so far?
Luffy
Zoro
Sanji
Carrot
Jinbe
Law
Ichiji
Reiju
Niji
Yonji
Aokiji
Sabo

That's 12 characters which is realistically already a little more than 25% of the roster.

Section 2
Looking at the most recent title.

Shoe-In
Luffy
Zoro
Sanji
Nami
Usopp
Chopper
Robin
Franky
Brook
Jinbe
Law
Aokiji
Sabo
Blackbeard
Akainu

On The Bubble
Mihawk
Crocodile
Kuma
Hancock
Buggy
Kizaru
Smoker
Lucci
Doflamingo
Fujitora
Shanks
Caesar
Whitebeard
Ace
Moriah

At Risk
Garp
Enel
Perona
Magellan
Ivankov
Tashigi

Now, that that's laid out, as you can see, I personally feel most characters could realistically be cut, but a few in particular I think are at higher risk than others, even in their own category.

Although I have several characters on the bubble, I believe that we may only lose a couple characters from there, if any.

Kizaru and Fujitora I do mot see being left out. They are only in the middle mostly from not being confirmed. With Aokiji already being confirmed, I see no reason they won't be in.

I'd love to say I believe all the Shichibukai will be in, and I believe they will be, but I can't deny being concerned about the status of them.

Smoker is iconic, and I doubt he will be cut.

Lucci is one of the more at risk on the bubble characters, but he also is the main antagonist of a huge saga.

Shanks will probably be in from being iconic, but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets put on the shelf for this game as a playable character.

Caesar will probably be playable due to his relevance, but I don't consider him a shoe in.

Whitebeard and Ace are in a similar situation. Both are massive characters, who died. I think they are iconic enough to remain though.

Now the at risk ones, I think most will be eliminated. But which ones?

Garp is a major character in a way, but he hasn't really done much tbh.

Enel I think is somewhat likely considering he is the main antagonist of a major saga and my favorite character to play as.

Perona is also one of my favorite characters, but she her relevance is limited. She is popular though.

Magellan is in a similar boat to Enel, though not quite as necessary.

Ivankov and Tashigi are both kind of unnecessary and are two of my first picks to cut if I were going to start cutting.
LoZ Games Beaten: LoZ, AoL, ALttP, LA, OoT, MM, OoS, OoA, WW, FSA, MC, TP, PH, ST, SS, ALBW, TH, BotW
LoZ Games Playing: FS.. Dark Souls = Best Game
(edited 4 weeks ago)
Section 3:
Who I would include and who I think is likely...

Big Mom and Kaido first and foremost. Don't care how big they are. Moderately likely.

Kinemon, I don't think he's necessary but he could be included. Somewhat likely.

Katakuri. Highly likely.

Pekoms. Not that likely.

Vivi. Would like to see her but she might not make it. Somewhat likely.

Hawkins, Bege, Apoo, Kidd and Drake. Quite likely. Likelihood may vary.

Dragon. Not that likely.

Burgess. Not that likely.

Bartolomeo. Fairly unlikely.

Final section.

My final roster:
Luffy
Zoro
Sanji
Usopp
Nami~
Chopper
Brook
Robin
Franky
Jinbe~
Carrot
Law
Aokiji
Akainu
Blackbeard~
Sabo
Reiju
Niji
Yonji
Ichiji~
Big Mom
Shanks
Kaido
Katakuri
Whitebeard~
Hawkins
Bege
Apoo
Kidd
Drake~
Kizaru
Fujitora
Doflamingo
Mihawk
Buggy~
Smoker
Ace
Kuma
Hancock
Moriah~
Lucci
Caesar
Enel
Perona
LoZ Games Beaten: LoZ, AoL, ALttP, LA, OoT, MM, OoS, OoA, WW, FSA, MC, TP, PH, ST, SS, ALBW, TH, BotW
LoZ Games Playing: FS.. Dark Souls = Best Game
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Karma21

Karma21
4 weeks ago#78
How is bartolomeo fairly unlikely? If one character would be picked from dressrosa it's either bartolomeo or pica/diamante. I think better has the best chance from dressrosa. The rest is good

Veku
4 weeks ago#79
I agree with Karma.
@MaikeruShinigam Also what about Jack, maybe Cracker Vergo/Monet and especially new characters from Dressrosa, such as Cavendish and Pica?
I believe especially Jack, Cracker and one or two of the Dressrosa characters deserve a spot instead of Perona and Apoo. Perona may be popular, but so is Cavendish and Barto and they are actually combat- relevant, while Jack will for sure take one of the most important roles besides Kaido, considering the game isn't exactly following the manga and barely anyone besides Jack has been shown anything to make a moveset out of it and that includes Apoo. I really don't know how to make a moveset out of what Apoo has shown as well, any suggestions?

Apart from that, what you made out of the 44 slots you used, looks good, tho I hope their statemtent will at least lead to 49 slots, cause for me to have just barely more characters than in Pw3 would already be disappointing.

Veku
4 weeks ago#80
By the way, here is my wishlist, based on their statement of including of 40 playable characters (49 at max for me...)

1. Luffy
2. Zoro
3. Sanji
4. Jinbei
5. Robin
6. Franky
7. Brook
8. Chopper
9. Nami
10. Usopp
11. Kaido
12. Jack