• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Roster Wishlist after sacrificing some characters from PW3 roster

User Info: Karma21

Karma21
1 month ago#41
hanfoi posted...
Absalom_sama posted...
hanfoi posted...
Absalom_sama posted...
This may sound stupid but i actually think that characters may exceed 50. He didn’t specify that the number will be between 40-50, over 40 can mean anything imo.

i don't think so, he would have said around 50 or more than 45 characters ,If he were allowed to give any numbers at all.

I’m saying this because there are a load of characters to be added in the game. Just how many characters will they remove to add new ones just to not exceed the 50 mark. As of right now we already have five characters or six if we count big mom, it is really difficult to maintain the characters’ number between 40-50 even if they remove a bunch. We have kaido, jack, hawkins, x drake, barto, cavendish, the man himself katakuri, bege, kidd + a handful of npcs from pw3 that could be playable. Therefore it is really difficult to keep the number below 50

As i said before, Koei usually makes at least 10 new characters each installment of any game they have

And he said already that they are making a 40+ character roster,so assume it's going from (40~45) and the previous game had 37,They also confirmed that characters from the previous game won't return all together,they will cut off some of them.Knowing we already have 5 new revealed so far

most likely only 5 more characters will be revealed

And since he said "40 or so" characters, it means that number is very close to 40,so i would say 42 or 43 in total,so they are most likely cutting 5+ characters from the game

Will you buy the game if it comes out

User Info: hanfoi

hanfoi
1 month ago#42
Karma21 posted...
hanfoi posted...
Absalom_sama posted...
hanfoi posted...
Absalom_sama posted...
This may sound stupid but i actually think that characters may exceed 50. He didn’t specify that the number will be between 40-50, over 40 can mean anything imo.

i don't think so, he would have said around 50 or more than 45 characters ,If he were allowed to give any numbers at all.

I’m saying this because there are a load of characters to be added in the game. Just how many characters will they remove to add new ones just to not exceed the 50 mark. As of right now we already have five characters or six if we count big mom, it is really difficult to maintain the characters’ number between 40-50 even if they remove a bunch. We have kaido, jack, hawkins, x drake, barto, cavendish, the man himself katakuri, bege, kidd + a handful of npcs from pw3 that could be playable. Therefore it is really difficult to keep the number below 50

As i said before, Koei usually makes at least 10 new characters each installment of any game they have

And he said already that they are making a 40+ character roster,so assume it's going from (40~45) and the previous game had 37,They also confirmed that characters from the previous game won't return all together,they will cut off some of them.Knowing we already have 5 new revealed so far

most likely only 5 more characters will be revealed

And since he said "40 or so" characters, it means that number is very close to 40,so i would say 42 or 43 in total,so they are most likely cutting 5+ characters from the game

Will you buy the game if it comes out

if they only remove not more than 3 characters from the previous roster, then Yes i will still buy it

But imagine removing 5~10 or even half of the roster, that would be bulls*** to me.After all they might be hinting that if you really want the Pretimeskip arcs,go buy the PW3 game. I'd be okay with that, but if they are cutting off marineford or post-timeskip characters that would ruin the story in the middle of gameplay

Also there is a great problem with cutting off pre-timeskip stuff, casuals will not be familiar with this game and probably will face the same problem of Burning Blood Storymode

"Why are we starting at marineford?" "Who is luffy,who is his brother and who are those marines?" "Why is his brother guilty and where are the strawhat members?"

i guess these questions could be answered only by keeping the pretimeskip arcs
Official Akai Shuichi of the Xenoverse 2 forum

User Info: GOATSIE

GOATSIE
1 month ago#43
hanfoi posted...
Personally if they only remove magellan,lucci and enel that's ok but they have to add them back with their arcs via DLC.

But as for kuma,Whitebeard and Moriah, they should at least be made giant playable characters,cuz removing them totally will be a disaster to the story, specially kuma and hwitebeard who were protagonists in the story

Exactly especially if they remove WB that would be a bad move tbh. Amazing OP character, which was funny to be played. Kuma however was weird, but his moveset with his DF is also enjoyable and would also be a shame.

Enel was also great to play, but I could live with that. Moriah and Magellan isn't relevant as playable character for me. Should say as antagonists to play against, but that would be enough already.

hanfoi
1 month ago#44
i'd be salty about the game if lucci and enel were removed, plus if any of the yonkos or shichibukai were removed.

They can remove Tashigi if they really want to remove someone, but keep the other marines including garp,smoker,borsalino,aokiji,akainu and issho

So the 3 i would sacrifice :

1-Tashigi
2-Magellan (tho i enjoyed him)
3-Enel (tho i enjoyed him)
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Boreale

Boreale
1 month ago#45
Enel was very fun, but I prefer playing as Tashigi so hopefully they keep her.

hanfoi
1 month ago#46
i also thought that ace might be one to be cut since he is already dead and he didn't fight too much in Marineford except when fighting akainu

User Info: KennyToro9

KennyToro9
1 month ago#47
They will probably cut any characters that were center stage in an arc primarily by themselves. We might get cutscenes instead sumerizing what happened but I think the major turning points of the series is what we will experience. They will definitely cut Skypiea

I don't think we will be getting any of the arcs and it'll start at Alabasta then go to Water 7. I think the begining of the story will be told through cutscenes then throw us snack dab in the middle of a tense situation

Also, I don't think the roster will breach 40 as games are always exaggerating their roster when it's usually the exact number they claim it's not
PSN: KittyCatKen
Poison Ivy is the best female in DC!
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Karma21

Karma21
1 month ago#48
KennyToro9 posted...
They will probably cut any characters that were center stage in an arc primarily by themselves. We might get cutscenes instead sumerizing what happened but I think the major turning points of the series is what we will experience. They will definitely cut Skypiea

I don't think we will be getting any of the arcs and it'll start at Alabasta then go to Water 7. I think the begining of the story will be told through cutscenes then throw us snack dab in the middle of a tense situation

Also, I don't think the roster will breach 40 as games are always exaggerating their roster when it's usually the exact number they claim it's not

A youtuber said romance dawn will be in the game

hanfoi
1 month ago#49
Karma21 posted...
KennyToro9 posted...

A youtuber said romance dawn will be in the game

can you post a link of that please?

User Info: EustassDKid

EustassDKid
1 month ago#50
Higuma confirmed!
at least shanks would have his own stage then.
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Roster Wishlist after sacrificing some characters from PW3 roster
  • Post New Message